Time to build a house!

GMoney2312

This is why you visit the job site twice a day- The bay window in the Master bedroom got walled up! Luckily, the concrete was not dry- all good!

Bay 2 (2).jpg

Bay 2 (1).jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 4
  • Angry 1

4 minutes ago, GMoney2312 said:

The bay window in the Master bedroom got walled up! Luckily, the concrete was not dry- all good!

Par for the course Greg.  😁  I've had brickies build a wall so far out of plumb it made Pisa's tower look normal.  Plumb bob was snagged on debris but the drop-kick kept laying up courses until the wall collapsed. 

And window lintel heights all different because one worker had 3" missing of his tape measure ... oh the stories I could tell. 🤣

All good fun huh?

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

10 minutes ago, GMoney2312 said:

This is why you visit the job site twice a day- The bay window in the Master bedroom got walled up! Luckily, the concrete was not dry- all good!

This is why my wife is constantly checking what's going on with the houses she builds.

Latest errors on the two houses ongoing:
The staff ordering and using the wrong colour paint (even after she sent them a message listing the paint reference number), to hanging doors the wrong way.
Sure they're fairly minor things, although this is despite having a drawing with the details on it, and all those involved  being Thai, so no language errors.
Just hard-of-learning employees sometimes.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, KaptainRob said:

And window lintel heights all different because one worker had 3" missing of his tape measure ... oh the stories I could tell. 🤣

You should have specified it in metric, if three inches were missing off the tape measure. 🤣

• Haha 2

What's happening on the building front Greg? It's been six days since we heard anything from you.
Suspiciously quiet. Are you well, are the builders well?

• Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, GMoney2312 said:

Ask, and you shall receive! Boom!

Glad everyone's alive and it's good the electricians have started. I'm still surprised the roof still isn't on though.

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Bluesofa said:

I'm still surprised the roof still isn't on though.

We increased the insulation thickness a few weeks back, slowed things down a bit.

• Like 2

Something we forgot when the house was built, was to have outside electric sockets, so when we realised this had get them put in.

Outside taps - faucets to you, are essential also.

Might seem obvious, but there's so much to remember, I know.

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Faraday said:

Something we forgot when the house was built, was to have outside electric sockets, so when we realised this had get them put in.

Good 'point'. Don't forgot one for the washing machine, plus plumbing, if it's going outside like a lot of them do.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, GMoney2312 said:

We increased the insulation thickness a few weeks back, slowed things down a bit.

No worries, best to slow things than rush them. 

Concrete block, brick, and steel will not blow away in a Typhoon. 

Lifespan 2-3 times wood framed homes and cheaper to maintain 👍

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Faraday said:

Also lights outside for carport, kitchen, laundry area and possible security lights or cameras etc

• Like 3

On 12/23/2021 at 8:49 PM, GMoney2312 said:

DJI Mini 2

Do you need a drone pilot license to fly a drone in Thailand? Where did you get your mini? Thanks.

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, Bob_Beever said:

Do you need a drone pilot license to fly a drone in Thailand? Where did you get your mini? Thanks.

I opened a separate thread: 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Bob_Beever said:

I got my Drone on Shopee- get the Combo Pack- I did not and wished I had, since I ended up getting a bag for the drone after. You "technically" need to register your Drone and get insurance as well- I have short term memory loss and I am almost certain I did all of that.

นไซส์มินิ-พกสะดวก-น้ำหนักเบา-ระบบกันสั่นแบบ3แกน-ความละเอียดภาพนิ่ง12MP-i.397148795.8427360630?sp_atk=17136afe-c99d-4b0b-9498-3c03bca6636a

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, DwizzleyMatthews said:

Also lights outside for carport, kitchen, laundry area and possible security lights or cameras etc

Perimeter lights already set. I plan on several taps around the house- I like to hose down a driveway than sweep and get a face full of dust. We will have 5 sockets on the outside- 3 on the building, 1 at the very front in case we do an automatic gate, and 1 at the rear of the property that will power the well and water system.

Security cameras will probably happen as well.(Some that fire lasers🤣)

Thanks for the reminders.

• Like 4

10 hours ago, Bluesofa said:

Good 'point'. Don't forgot one for the washing machine, plus plumbing, if it's going outside like a lot of them do.

Washer AND dryer, yes, I said dryer- will be inside. I am tired of being coated in bug spray....

• Haha 1