Time to build a house!

GMoney2312

9 hours ago, KaptainRob said:

In Thailand, the dry heat/low humidity of inland provinces should ensure no corrosion.

There is no winter here.💯

7 hours ago, Marble-eye said:

I believe that the Australians and Americans refer to them as Swamp Coolers

You are correct on the Swamp Cooler term-We will incorporate Air Cons in each room along with ceiling fans.

But I only need a nice 78f/25.5c to feel good inside as the ceiling fans makes up the difference. I will not be hanging sides of beef in the house.

• Like 3

22 minutes ago, GMoney2312 said:

You are correct on the Swamp Cooler term-We will incorporate Air Cons in each room along with ceiling fans.

But I only need a nice 78f/25.5c to feel good inside as the ceiling fans makes up the difference. I will not be hanging sides of beef in the house.

Have you decided on which a/c to buy yet?

When we were living in Udon, we had an LG in the bedroom, which never got cold enough.

Here, we've got Samsung in every room, & they're fine.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, GMoney2312 said:

You might be surprised as to the types of pussies that have never adjusted or acclimated to the everyday tropical climes and design their abodes to be chillier than Winnipeg in December.....

Personally, I find A/C to be a bit uncomfortable more often than not - only truly to be used in the wretched months of April and May. 

Of the four houses that I've built, throughout varying regions of the country, I'll go out of my way to keep the A/C units down to a minimum. Fans and the natural breezes are quite suitable for most of the year.

10 hours ago, nobusinessofurs said:

No, I'm Khon Kaen area. Everything I build prior to using galvanised has started rusting within 4 years. That rusted steel was painted with 2 coats of primer prior to installation. The galvanised steel is only a few dollars more and with having to paint only the welded areas are free of any rust in 5 years since they were installed.

I'd hazard a guess that the box section was fully closed at both ends?  If so it would have rusted thru from the inside due to trapped air forming condensation with daily temperature changes.  Many builders use stainless box section or concrete in lieu of mild steel in those applications.

Having lived around high humidity and salt laden air regions in Australia and southern Thailand I've seen many mild steel failures, even fully galvanised boat trailers, and it's usually the trapped moisture which is to blame.  C or i section is therefore specified  by engineers or where box section must be used, the ends left open.

Greg has a golden opportunity to pre-wire for future a/c installation or additional fans which he may deem unnecessary just now. Also, fan supports are required.

I did so for both houses and it makes any future install quite painless.  Ceiling fans require support from above and it's easy to do before ceilings are sheeted off.  Don't get fobbed off by the builder saying not needed, or do later.  I'll post a pic later from my PC.

• Like 4

Fan mounting support >

image.png.f21cd48a50db8b275a026751d7707423.png

I installed each support, screwed in place thru the ceiling battens, with a wiring hole pre-drilled. 

An additional 10cm x 10cm square of plywood, also with hole, was fixed under that as packing between support and ceiling board.

I had pre-marked centre of room with a divot in the concrete and red paint so I could position the support HOLE directly over the centre point using a laser.  A plumb-bob works just the same.

Once all interior painting was complete and prior to floor tiling, I positioned the laser over the floor mark and punched a hole thru the ceiling board so the wiring could be pushed thru.  I assembled all ceiling fans later and even fitted them myself ...  sparkies just couldn't keep their dirty fingers off my white ceiling .... grr!

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

48 minutes ago, KaptainRob said:

I installed each support, screwed in place thru the ceiling battens, with a wiring hole pre-drilled. 

You are hired. When can you be ready?👍

• Haha 2

50 minutes ago, KaptainRob said:

I installed each support

Thanks! I saved this picture for the electrician day! It may come in handy!

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Rain said:

You might be surprised as to the types of pussies that have never adjusted or acclimated to the everyday tropical climes and design their abodes to be chillier than Winnipeg in December.....

Personally, I find A/C to be a bit uncomfortable more often than not - only truly to be used in the wretched months of April and May. 

Of the four houses that I've built, throughout varying regions of the country, I'll go out of my way to keep the A/C units down to a minimum. Fans and the natural breezes are quite suitable for most of the year.

I run ac every night rather sleep on the cool side than sweating in bed. 24c is my wife and I idea temp in bedroom

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Cool 1

12 hours ago, Faraday said:

Have you decided on which a/c to buy yet?

When we were living in Udon, we had an LG in the bedroom, which never got cold enough.

Here, we've got Samsung in every room, & they're fine.

I have a mixture of  (14) Samsung, (3) LG and (2) Daikin all work well. If the output rating is sufficient for room size. Oh my home isn't that big, we own a private school.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 12/12/2021 at 3:08 AM, GMoney2312 said:

That is on my Rumble page. You Tube flagged the song I inserted for copyright laws. They have found me out!

Sometimes they nuke the audio track.. sometimes they just attribute the song (depends on license). 

Slap some free audio on your stuff and it should be OK ? 

• Like 3

15 hours ago, nobusinessofurs said:

Oh my home isn't that big, we own a private school.

Cool -at first I though you were the Elvis of Thailand!

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Vince said:

Sometimes they nuke the audio track.. sometimes they just attribute the song (depends on license). 

Slap some free audio on your stuff and it should be OK ? 

'Slap some free audio on'   is that technical term? 🤣

• Like 2

Just now, Bluesofa said:

'Slap some free audio on'   is that technical term? 🤣

Well, kinda. 

I assume you are using some GUI editor on a home platform meant for gaming? 

Windows? 

And some budget editor or the free yt online editor? 

It's ready for slapping! 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, GMoney2312 said:

Walls?

Did someone say walls?

Interesting to see the walls being built before the roof is completed.
Most of the house builders I've seen want to put the roof on first, so that they are out of the sun when building the walls and everything else below.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

17 minutes ago, Bluesofa said:

Interesting to see the walls being built before the roof is completed.

I am all for not slowing anyone down!

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Bluesofa said:

Perhaps your lot are all sun worshippers!

They are covered up all the way. Plus the top of the roof should arrive next week.