Time to build a house!

GMoney2312

Just now, GMoney2312 said:

How did your build go? Mostly stress free?

Mostly stress free, a few things had to be revised, like there not being a vent in the drainage system...and the electrical system...the consumer unit was too small, & one breaker had three feeds in it!

It's all fixed now & loving every minute of it here.

Much cooler tonight, sweatshirt, long trousers & socks on.

It's only a one dog night tonight...! 🤣 

Our Jack Russell gets under the covers, when it's really cold.

• Like 1

Just now, Faraday said:

ur Jack Russell gets under the covers, when it's really cold.

Good stuff!

We want to get a Beagle. But we will have to go to a large city to find it. All the wild dogs in my area is a real issue. They are all over the street and sleep all over the road. It is rather sad.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, GMoney2312 said:

So what Province are you in?

Nongbualamphu, outside, as American people say, in the boonies.

We live 500 metres from a small temple, so not always quiet, but most of the time.

• Like 1

As Bluesofa says, keeping an eye on the workers is the key, sometimes the builder or supervisor may be competent but their delegation skills are lacking.

When we bought our house ( in a moobahn ) 4 1/2 years ago there were certain things that needed doing/finishing off over a 30 day period so we traveled the 30 mins every day to keep on top of them and show our faces for a short while. Bit of a pointless exercise really as they had done the exact same exercise probably 45 times over the last year ……. we thought !!

4 decorative panels needed completing and one day the supervisor proudly showed us the 1st one he had completed.

6B9893B2-ACF4-41E4-AA2E-EFED069B6A74.thumb.jpeg.ff903b260e3e2f3723fa5f94982bba05.jpeg

Gave him the obligatory thumbs up and all smiles he informed us that he would do the remaining 3 the next day .

We returned the next day after lunch all relaxed as things were on track and so far things were looking good.

Of course the supervisor was nowhere to be seen and a rather large young lady from Myanmar was just finishing off the 2nd panel. She arose quickly from her stool/box and proudly presented her handiwork with a flourish, her huge smile turned into a look of puzzlement upon seeing our reactions !!

DAF01B04-4652-473D-84E3-EA272EEA2919.thumb.jpeg.1a29a408172b49490d9c9415b5334c28.jpeg

We hung around till the supervisor showed up and he promised that it would be rectified, which it was . The blame, of course, was all directed at the Burmese girl , whether the supervisor felt any blame for delegation of work or lack of supervision ……. yup, not likely !!

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, DwizzleyMatthews said:

supervisor proudly showed us the 1st one

Seems that "pride" has been replaced with "I am finished"....wow

• Like 2

Never ceases to astonish me the complete lack of safety equipment  here. 

About 6 months ago, we had a gate installed. The drill didn't have a plug, so they just jammed the wires into the socket!

Never any eye protection too.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

18 hours ago, GMoney2312 said:

Four Videos in Four days! This is Madness! Enjoy!

Great video once again. It seems like building a house in Thailand is much more of an adventure than building one in Japan.

We built our house here in 2017. In the second meeting with the construction company after their initial assessment (mid-July) they said the house would be finished at 1pm on November 15th. I didn’t believe them and booked accommodation up until November 30th. As it turned out, they finished 15 minutes ahead of schedule 😂.

My involvement in my house construction was effectively zero, so I do envy you and love the updates. Keep them coming! 😁

• Like 2
  • Cool 1

18 hours ago, Faraday said:

Never ceases to astonish me the complete lack of safety equipment  here. 

About 6 months ago, we had a gate installed. The drill didn't have a plug, so they just jammed the wires into the socket!

Never any eye protection too.

Of course they have eye protection.
I've seen people welding using sunglasses on quite a few occasions. Is that not right?

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

14 minutes ago, Bluesofa said:

Of course they have eye protection.
I've seen people welding using sunglasses on quite a few occasions. Is that not right?

Yup, & the bloke who welded the metal railings around the porch was very odd...

Sunglasses on, welding with abandon & kept disappearing every hour for 5 minutes.

Sparks flying everywhere, & one of patio doors got burnt.

End of the day, he took overalls off, removed his glasses & walked - or should I twitched back to his vehicle.

Couldn't think what was wrong, something clearly was though, as

his whole body was fitting. 

My wife looked at him & said quietly in my ear....

"Ya ba!"

Completely off his nut on Amphetamines...

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

5 Days- 5 Videos! I am a machine!

Hey- I will be revealing pricing soon! Anyone care to take some calculated guesses? The home is 180 Square Meters inside!

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Faraday said:

Up or down...?

Considering our price now does not include appliances and the well we will dig to bypass the city water, your guess is even better. Our light fixture will be pricier, we are adding nice ceiling fans- and we want a large gazebo type structure in the back yard. Also, the price of the wall in not included yet as well. We will try to keep it just under 100,000 USD- oh yeah- need some landscaping done as well! 

• Like 1