News Forum - Delivery of Moderna Covid-19 vaccine pushed back to November

Thaiger

4 hours ago, Wanderer said:

I am in full agreement with stonker here, we must know more about this word "Tooieland". It is a new one to me, so is it purely a local expression or even a family one.? 

Come on riclag ask the ladies please. 

Since it’s OT,PM me

Bad karma for anyone who paid for a jab. 

There was a system in place that was equitable for everyone, regardless of wealth, and prioritised the vunerable. 

Those trying to circumvent the system at the expense of those with less money but higher need, eg elderly relying on protection from sinovac, deserve this and more

14 minutes ago, Rip255 said:

There was a system in place that was equitable for everyone, regardless of wealth, and prioritised the vunerable. 

Those trying to circumvent the system at the expense of those with less money but higher need, eg elderly relying on protection from sinovac, deserve this and more

If the government had offered a good vaccine and in sufficient quantities, then people wouldn't have resorted to alternatives.

Besides, it's not at the expense of anyone! It actually benefits others, because people that pay to go outside the system allow others to use their free government doses! And because there's still a shortage, they actually help the system as well as themselves.

And that the government chose Sinovac instead of something decent, is not the populations fault. Oh, damn I said that word again 🥴🥴🥴

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Rip255 said:

1....nobody was circumventing the system, it was outside the system.

2...if it was equitable how come so few have had the opportunity to be double jabbed. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Rip255 said:

Moderna is acquired by private hospitals, using private funding and is not diverting vaccine availability. This takes pressure off the public health response and augments it. It does not deprive or reduce the national effort.

If the outcome of that process is better than the outcome of the public vaccination, that speaks to a failure of government policy and the system of their doing and making, not those willing to foot their own medical treatment.

For exactly the same reason, I doubt you will find many expats in Thailand willing to be solely reliant on Thai social security and public health care by choice.

• Like 2