FRUIT TREE PLANTS AND VINES

stuhan

Any information on where to by fruit tree plants online especially orange,apple,cherry,grapefruit,pear,tangerine,plum and also white,black or red grape vine plants. Especially in the Korat area [Nakhon Ratchasima shop or online]. Please post here.

Thank you.

On 10/4/2021 at 5:47 AM, stuhan said:

Any information on where to by fruit tree plants online especially orange,apple,cherry,grapefruit,pear,tangerine,plum and also white,black or red grape vine plants. Especially in the Korat area [Nakhon Ratchasima shop or online]. Please post here.

Thank you.

My advice would be to go to your local big market day. There at least you can choose what you are buying.

We have a whole bunch of fruit trees that we grow commercially and I think the best advice I can give you is have a look around and see what is grown locally. 

If it were possible to grow orange, apple, cherry and so on successfully in your area you would see them around.  To take one example I doubt you can grow oranges in Issan as I think they require a cooler climate and a more consistent supply of water readily available.

Among the fruit trees we grow here in the south are Mangosteen, Longkhan, Rambutan, Lime, Durian, Jackfruit and a whole bunch of others but I don't know all the names.  Of those Mangosteen are my favourite but Lime gets used all the time in cooking.

• Like 2

My wife browses on Lazada and Shopee for what she's after and has bought the following, all online and delivered to CM in excellent condition:-

30 x 40cm lime tree seedlings

1 x kratom

2 x pepper vines

...  and a couple of others, Thai names I can't translate

• Like 1

You're going to have some trouble with the northern fruits. They have a requirement for cold-days to set fruit. There may be some varieties that are heat tolerant but I doubt they'll take to Thailand Hot. Other things that may be just a bit out of their range, like oranges, should be doable with shade cloth. Your area is the vineyard of Thailand so you should be able to find some kind of grapes. But they may require shade for part of the year too.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, JamesE said:

You're going to have some trouble with the northern fruits. They have a requirement for cold-days to set fruit. There may be some varieties that are heat tolerant but I doubt they'll take to Thailand Hot. Other things that may be just a bit out of their range, like oranges, should be doable with shade cloth. Your area is the vineyard of Thailand so you should be able to find some kind of grapes. But they may require shade for part of the year too.

I have found a supplier of mandarin,cherry,grapefruit,pomegranite,shogun orange 350B for 2 plants in Roi-et who delivers free.Also black grape vine plants fast growing in Chaiyaphum 100B per plant. I will try to keep in a shady spot. All found on f.b marketplace.

Thanks James

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, stuhan said:

I have found a supplier of mandarin,cherry,grapefruit,pomegranite,shogun orange 350B for 2 plants in Roi-et who delivers free.Also black grape vine plants fast growing in Chaiyaphum 100B per plant. I will try to keep in a shady spot. All found on f.b marketplace.

Thanks James

You'll have to tell me what they mean by "cherry". Maybe an acerola?

1 hour ago, JamesE said:

You'll have to tell me what they mean by "cherry". Maybe an acerola?

Free shipping!!/ there is a destination 🍒 Sweet cherry tree, Manur breed (Australia), big branches, bright red. Ready to plant

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, stuhan said:

Free shipping!!/ there is a destination 🍒 Sweet cherry tree, Manur breed (Australia), big branches, bright red. Ready to plant

Also these977856626_Screenshot2021-10-05at10-24-59Marketplace11....thumb.png.ecdb751f74d9ff6f2325aa8acef4831c.png

On 10/3/2021 at 4:57 PM, gummy said:

My advice would be to go to your local big market day. There at least you can choose what you are buying.

Yeah. The only way.

Nearly all of the central [and some smaller] markets have an aggie/horti section. 

Or....the proverbial nurseries. They're everywhere.

On 10/5/2021 at 8:14 AM, stuhan said:

Also black grape vine plants fast growing in Chaiyaphum 100B p

Will you send me the details please?

Thanks