News Forum - Sri Panwa resort face punishment for illegally acquired land

Thaiger

Just as the National Anti-Corruption Commission probed Trisara resort, the luxury resort Sri Panwa in Southeast Phuket is facing legal action for land the Department of Special Investigation says was acquired illegally.  The resort is accused of acquiring one plot over 3 rai in area with a Nor Sor 3 Gor land document – papers with ownership privileged just short of a Chanote which gives full legal ownership – that were issued illegally. The DSI sent information to the Royal Forest Department as their investigation indicated that the land is actually a protected forested area under Section 4 of the […]

The post Sri Panwa resort face punishment for illegally acquired land appeared first on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

Maybe, like a nice house up the hill from me which was ignored until it was completed, it'll just become part of the Forest Protection Centre.

• Like 1

I haven't seen any of these businesses or resorts that "encroached on public land" torn down or removed, though the threat has been published many times.

Are you aware of ANY resort that has had to be torn down or removed?

18 minutes ago, MrStretch said:

I haven't seen any of these businesses or resorts that "encroached on public land" torn down or removed, though the threat has been published many times.

Are you aware of ANY resort that has had to be torn down or removed?

This one was fairly recently 

https://www.pattayamail.com/thailandnews/luxury-floating-hotel-removed-from-sai-yok-national-park-in-thailand-368657

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Hate to say it - but the Junta has been doing this all over Thailand. One of the few things they have got right - reversing illegal constructions (allegedly) paid for with brown envelopes to local authorities. Maybe next time around the brown envelope list needs to include some military people? (just asking for a friend).

58 minutes ago, AussieBob said:

reversing illegal constructions (allegedly) paid for with brown envelopes to local authorities

58 minutes ago, AussieBob said:

Hate to say it - but the Junta has been doing this all over Thailand. One of the few things they have got right - reversing illegal constructions (allegedly) paid for with brown envelopes to local authorities. Maybe next time around the brown envelope list needs to include some military people? (just asking for a friend).

Sorry to say this but you don't know what you are talking about. Ask the PM's younger brother, he can perhaps fill you in on how Army Generals get away with it themselves

Sounds like a great way to replenish provincial cash flow. I think Koh Chang could do the same, it's a National Park, I bet more than half of structures there have no permit

8 minutes ago, AlexPTY said:

Sounds like a great way to replenish provincial cash flow. I think Koh Chang could do the same, it's a National Park, I bet more than half of structures there have no permit

Probably far more than half.

6 hours ago, gummy said:

Sorry to say this but you don't know what you are talking about. Ask the PM's younger brother, he can perhaps fill you in on how Army Generals get away with it themselves

Mate - I am so over your negative rubbish today.  Of course the Generals do it - they just were not 'involved' in those Phuket developments and a lot of others.  

4 minutes ago, AussieBob said:

Mate - I am so over your negative rubbish today.  Of course the Generals do it - they just were not 'involved' in those Phuket developments and a lot of others.  

Thai Generals have been involved in illegal land activity in Phuket since possibly before you even set foot on these shores. If facts are what you considered negative then you have a simply choice, don't bother to read them.

17 minutes ago, gummy said:

Thai Generals have been involved in illegal land activity in Phuket since possibly before you even set foot on these shores. If facts are what you considered negative then you have a simply choice, don't bother to read them.

Keep going mate - you will hit 5K soon.  Is this all you do all day??