News Forum - Army to cut spending on foreign weapons, buy domestic instead

Thaiger

I think you are all being a little unfair to the great leader. It’s obvious what he means when he says he wants to source weapons in Thailand. 

44AC8AD4-05C1-4CF7-B5D6-3F637F0E9F73.jpeg

• Haha 1

41 minutes ago, Soidog said:

I think you are all being a little unfair to the great leader. It’s obvious what he means when he says he wants to source weapons in Thailand. 

44AC8AD4-05C1-4CF7-B5D6-3F637F0E9F73.jpeg

Nah mate - he means something like this:

Thai Homemade 1911 Clone | Armory Blog

8 minutes ago, AussieBob said:

Or this:

Where to get a gun permit in korat - Isaan Forum - Thai Visa Forum

Well makes no odds what they manufacture as weapons in Thailand as it is a known fact that weapons of war are only used by the modern RTA to kill its own citizens.

1 minute ago, Lowseasonlover said:

They could stop that stupid conscription that would save a fortune 

Then how would the hundreds of Generals get their laundry cleaned, grass cut, houses cleaned and maybe promiscuous daughters serviced ?

9 hours ago, EdwardV said:

Can’t think of this as anything but a PR stunt. I guess you could put off major purchases for a couple of years to give the appearance of legitimacy. Or Thailand can invest billions and decades to create a indigenous military industrial complex. 

I think there might be something in your first point Eddy baby…Neill Fronde’s rewrite of The Phuket News story ends with:

The navy and air force have also delayed purchasing and focused on maintenance of the equipment they already have after a reduction of funding to divert money to Covid-19 relief. The air force is decommissioning several F-16 ADF aircraft and merging two squadrons together, while the navy has reportedly put a hold on the purchase of any new vessels following backlash over plans to spend 22.5 billion baht on a submarine.”

While The Phuket News actually stated:

“Meanwhile, the navy and the air force have also reportedly deferred procurement schemes and resorted to maintenance projects as their funds have also been trimmed to save money for financing the fight against COVID-19.

The navy is said to have placed new vessel procurement on hold while the air force reportedly plans to merge Squadron 102 and Squadron 103 to save costs following the decommissioning of several F-16 ADF aircraft.”

Emphasis is mine.

How about slacking the army budget in half? What are they doing with all that money anyway? What purpose do they serve? They should have been used to protect the borders for the past 21 months. Would have given them both training, and something to do.

Is the army here as thoroughly useless as the administration?