News Forum - Taxi hailing apps legalised, fares from 40 baht, 10,000 in Bangkok

Thaiger

Taxi hailing apps, with fares starting at 40 baht, have now been officially approved for use in Thailand, having received the sign off by Minister of Transport Saksayam Chidchob. The new ruling allows companies to apply for permissions to operate using mobile apps, subject to a 30-day trial period. The Minister expects 10,000 taxis of up to 7 passenger capacity to be signed up for the programme and available in Bangkok. Taxis will be categorised into 3 different vehicle types from small taxi cars to large taxi vans with travel rates priced accordingly. For the cheapest taxi option, rates will […]

The post Taxi hailing apps legalised, fares from 40 baht, 10,000 in Bangkok appeared first on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

23 minutes ago, Thaiger said:

Taxis will be categorised into 3 different vehicle types

Forgot the "super car" category. 

images (94).jpeg

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, DoUKnowWhoIAm said:

The Lamborghinis are built for midgets.

images (100).jpeg

If you can get a family of 5 with a dog on a small bike, you'll fit them in a Lambo too. Now Americans, on average, not so much. Unless you have a plunger and lots of vaseline 🤣

I gotta say, the cheapest and best way I found to get around in Bangkok was a motorcycle taxi. 50cc's of pure adrenaline🤣 There was three of us, the driver, my girlfriend and me.....only in Thailand. So we had to hop off and push, going uphill but it was a thrill ride!!!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Jason said:

I gotta say, the cheapest and best way I found to get around in Bangkok was a motorcycle taxi. 50cc's of pure adrenaline🤣 There was three of us, the driver, my girlfriend and me.....only in Thailand. So we had to hop off and push, going uphill but it was a thrill ride!!!

Haha, my girlfriend and I hopped on a motorbike taxi, to go up to Big Buddha, in Jomtien. Any slower going up that last stretch of hill, and I would've pushed!

• Cool 1