News Forum - Sunday Covid-19: Deaths below 100 for the 2nd day, 10,814 infections

Thaiger

Today, the CCSA reported 10,814 new Covid-19 infections and Coronavirus-related deaths remained below 100 for the second day in a row with 77 deaths. Since April 1, in the latest wave of the virus in Thailand, a total of 1,608,569 confirmed Covid-19 infections have been reported. In the 24 hour period since the last count, the CCSA has reported 11,894 recoveries, 1,233 less than yesterday. Out of the new cases, 104 were found in correctional facilities. Over 70,000 inmates – 70,019 in total – at Thailand’s overcrowded prisons and detention centres have tested positive for the virus over the past […]

The post Sunday Covid-19: Deaths below 100 for the 2nd day, 10,814 infections appeared first on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

Incomplete statistics.

If you don't test no new cases.

I would like to know how many tests are administered daily as well as the number of new infections.

I think the government should be more concerned about deaths caused by road accident.

Those are more preventable.

It annoys me more to see 3 or 4 people on a motorbike than seeing people not wearing a face mask.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Nivram said:

Incomplete statistics.

If you don't test no new cases.

I would like to know how many tests are administered daily as well as the number of new infections.

This is a good chart below on testing as you can see it's on a downward trend and along with antigen testing that doesn't get reported as a covid figure until a pcr test has been performed .. here in phuket for example many of these don't get a pcr test so never officially reported.. just put into a hotel for 2 weeks until either recovered or taken to hospital then to officially be put on the covid numbers..

https://ourworldindata.org/grapher/full-list-covid-19-tests-per-day?country=~THA

Screenshot_20211003-101735_Opera.jpg

8 minutes ago, Nivram said:

I think the government should be more concerned about deaths caused by road accident.

Those are more preventable.

It annoys me more to see 3 or 4 people on a motorbike than seeing people not wearing a face mask.

Neither is well enforced, so you'd have to change that first.

But more importantly: someone not wearing a helmet is taking the risk for himself.

Someone not wearing a mask is putting someone else at risk!

• Like 1

Just now, Griff1315 said:

Can the death rate even be believed. After all didn't joe Ferrari's victim first die of a drug overdose. 

After they lied about the 70% vaccination rate in Phuket (which even 3 months later is doubtful), and they hide the real number of infections with ATK use, then openly and blatantly lie about daily vaccination rates and (again) go against scientific advice to achieve a higher level of vaccination first before opening up, for sure there are few things left that you can take from them at face value.

ICU and ventilator occupation rates haven't changed dramatically, so the lower death rate is at least suspicious.

• Like 2

All the usual commenters disappointed that their doomsday scenarios are not happening. 🤣 Of course they are coming up with "they are hiding the real numbers!"-conspiracy theories! Yeah, it must be the secret funeral pyres burning secretly somewhere. Yeah, that must be it! 🤔😱😀

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, JackIsAGoodBoy said:

All the usual commenters disappointed that their doomsday scenarios are not happening. 🤣 Of course they are coming up with "they are hiding the real numbers!"-conspiracy theories! Yeah, it must be the secret funeral pyres burning secretly somewhere. Yeah, that must be it! 🤔😱😀

Firstly, many numbers are wrong. For this you can reread my post if you didn't understand it the first time. It's clear from many conflicting reports by the same government.

But we are at the mercy of the government, them being the only ones with the numbers.

For now! as In time we will be able to compare stats. 

If there's no water coming out of the tap then you know there's a problem. I'm not going down your line of thinking of coming up with all sorts of wild nonsense as to what is the cause, so that it can easily be debunked until you dream up some other theory (or rather copy it from another nutcase). Recognising a problem is only the start of the process.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JackIsAGoodBoy said:

It's shocking the number of people who want covid to be worse than it is and for lockdowns to go on forever.

Maybe it is their way of dealing with knowing they got played.

20 minutes ago, BraveNewFahrenheit said:

It's shocking the number of people who want covid to be worse than it is and for lockdowns to go on forever.

Maybe it is their way of dealing with knowing they got played.

Ambulance chasers. People who usually reproduce the statistics for our enjoyment. It's not as though we aren't bombarded with them everywhere else.

Testing numbers would be useful as it's a gauge of how much is being detected in community. Also there are no stats given on the number of first and second dose vaccinations, which as time goes on becomes a better benchmark of how the country is doing. I do agree that the Phuket vaccination figure of 70% which should be 80%+ by now, if the momentum was kept going (I doubt it), was false. They haven't had any supply of Pfizer to vaccinate the young until it was announced yesterday. The story yesterday said 30,000 Pfizer does would be sent to Phuket (so that's 15,000 people who could be fully vaccinated). Time will tell. But if it is properly utilised, Phuket could actually become a real sandbox.  

14 minutes ago, Jason said:

Testing numbers would be useful as it's a gauge of how much is being detected in community. Also there are no stats given on the number of first and second dose vaccinations, which as time goes on becomes a better benchmark of how the country is doing. I do agree that the Phuket vaccination figure of 70% which should be 80%+ by now, if the momentum was kept going (I doubt it), was false. They haven't had any supply of Pfizer to vaccinate the young until it was announced yesterday. The story yesterday said 30,000 Pfizer does would be sent to Phuket (so that's 15,000 people who could be fully vaccinated). Time will tell. But if it is properly utilised, Phuket could actually become a real sandbox.  

Testing numbers would be only useful if they were random. But as tests were done in high risk areas, you can't use statistical calculations to predict what the situation in general is.

We know the infection numbers are now deliberately false, as a significant number of PCR tests have been replaced by ATK tests, but the results of the ATK's are then not included. So with fewer PCR test done and the ATK's not counted, of course the number goes down.

It's also clear that Phuket opened up with vaccination levels well below 70%.

And daily vaccination numbers have been proven wrong as well. Even simply by hearing about 25 September what the health minister (1.16m) and PM (1.44m) declared and comparing it with the stats (475k) they themselves published.

In Western countries this would have been picked up and questioned. Here it's just another regular day!

• Like 1

8 hours ago, JackIsAGoodBoy said:

Yeah, I have been thinking that for a while now. I call them the "I told you so" people, that have been professing doomsday scenarios from the start. Same people that last year were saying that, although we had 0 + 0, that "it" (the virus) must be in the country although coincidentally (??) all neighbouring countries had nothing too. Same people before during the Christmas season were professing (hoping?) another doomsday scenario which did not happen, but for the "I told you so people", the numbers were not right, none figuring out that neighbouring countries had a similar tiny outbreak. And then the Songran hell scenario was of course professed... And then the "big" outbreak DID happen, the "I told you so" people seemed to get some joy in their "I told you so" Songran scenario comments - none figuring out that it was the arrival of the Indian variant all over SE Asia as numbers got up similarly at the exact same time in neighbouring countries. When we got over 25 000 cases + over 200 deaths daily, alhough plenty "I told you do" Songran scenario comments, the numbers never seem to disapoint them - they MUST be wrong. If you look at the numbers in neighbouring countries at the same time, numbers look very similar (unless they are ALL lying of course). And now, as numbers are (logically) going down, cause that is what has happened from the start all over the world it seems, it goes up before going down again, that is what epidemics do with all viruses, the numbers must be lies... none seems to figure out that numbers are going down too, for example, in Malaysia, Vietnam, Cambodia... with almost identical curbes, currently on the way down. Irrational speculation based on nothing else than the fear propaganda their brains have been filled up with for over a year and a half now. Perhaps they subconsciously cannot bear that Thailand will NEVER have numbers as high as their own country in the Western World has doneyuu, the "arrogant-White-Man-syndrom", maybe??

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Manu said:

Yeah, I have been thinking that for a while now. I call them the "I told you so" people, that have been professing doomsday scenarios from the start. Same people that last year were saying that, although we had 0 + 0, that "it" (the virus) must be in the country although coincidentally (??) all neighbouring countries had nothing too. Same people before during the Christmas season were professing (hoping?) another doomsday scenario which did not happen, but for the "I told you so people", the numbers were not right, none figuring out that neighbouring countries had a similar tiny outbreak. And then the Songran hell scenario was of course professed... And then the "big" outbreak DID happen, the "I told you so" people seemed to get some joy in their "I told you so" Songran scenario comments - none figuring out that it was the arrival of the Indian variant all over SE Asia as numbers got up similarly at the exact same time in neighbouring countries. When we got over 25 000 cases + over 200 deaths daily, alhough plenty "I told you do" Songran scenario comments, the numbers never seem to disapoint them - they MUST be wrong. If you look at the numbers in neighbouring countries at the same time, numbers look very similar (unless they are ALL lying of course). And now, as numbers are (logically) going down, cause that is what has happened from the start all over the world it seems, it goes up before going down again, that is what epidemics do with all viruses, the numbers must be lies... none seems to figure out that numbers are going down too, for example, in Malaysia, Vietnam, Cambodia... with almost identical curbes, currently on the way down. Irrational speculation based on nothing else than the fear propaganda their brains have been filled up with for over a year and a half now. Perhaps they subconsciously cannot bear that Thailand will NEVER have numbers as high as their own country in the Western World has doneyuu, the "arrogant-White-Man-syndrom", maybe??

Maybe you should read through this post and its comments and see how "accurate" the given figures are 🤣

https://thethaiger.com/talk/topic/6123-news-forum-sunday-afternoon-covid-19-update-provincial-totals/

Healthy suspicion isn't wrong if sources constantly contradict themselves.

But the ones doing the same on the forum wouldn't understand that...

• Like 2