News Forum - Activists call on Facebook and Twitter to follow YouTube’s lead in blocking anti-vax content

Thaiger

Following YouTube’s blocking of all anti-vaccine content, and anti-vax-themed conspiracy channels, social media activists are now turning their attention to some of the other big platforms to follow YouTube’s lead. Twitter and Facebook are now targets to do more in stopping misinformation from spreading online. YouTube already had “misinformation” policies in place to prevent some of the more outrageous anti-vax disinformation campaigns, but guidelines introduced 2 days ago will now ban all content that is anti-vaccine. Entire channels that have been pushing anti-vaccine content have also been blocked. The move has put YouTube in a prickly position with Russia, which […]

The post Activists call on Facebook and Twitter to follow YouTube’s lead in blocking anti-vax content appeared first on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

• Like 1

People aren't allowed to think for themselves anymore. American liberals strip away free speech and want to erase whatever doesn't fit their woke "do as I say, think as I tell you to" society. Russia would probably be better off banning YouTube.

• Like 11

There will be those who say this is restricting freedom of speech. There will be those who say, some of those are complete idiots who are hijacking the progress of vaccination. I just want to survive this pandemic! Me, my family and friends. I know the overwhelming majority of people on this planet want this too.

• Like 5
  • Angry 1

Because the loons are stupid and believe it. 

Covid is a medical situation, the doctor will help. The internet loons will not help you when you sick. 

Listen to the doctor is better.

• Like 8

20 minutes ago, Maxellus said:

People aren't allowed to think for themselves anymore. American liberals strip away free speech and want to erase whatever doesn't fit their woke "do as I say, think as I tell you to" society. Russia would probably be better off banning YouTube.

These tech giants need to stop controlling people's ability to think for themselves. I believe that vaccines are good but I'm against censorship by any group or government. In this case they might be trying to help but it's not their place. I agree that they are totally follow woke trends.  Everyone needs to think for themselves, not some woke ideas. 

7 minutes ago, LoongFred said:

These tech giants need to stop controlling people's ability to think for themselves. I believe that vaccines are good but I'm against censorship by any group or government. In this case they might be trying to help but it's not their place. I agree that they are totally follow woke trends.  Everyone needs to think for themselves, not some woke ideas. 

One may wonder who applied the pre$$ure  to make this censorship happen 🙄  

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

5 minutes ago, KaptainRob said:

Who elected them or gave the rights to control? They think they are the woke thought police.

6 minutes ago, LoongFred said:

Who elected them or gave the rights to control? They think they are the woke thought police.

Contributors & Viewers may revert to another source like bitchute

• image.png.6dcacfdd53508044e57a8f490b701383.png

Note Googles 'review' of the site

• image.png.7ac6874e2dbd213aca1b936e91a7f2f0.png

• Thanks 3

When I’m elected to be Ruler of the World, the first action will be to close down Facebook and Twitter!

While both have positive benefits, I believe in a largely stupid, thick and uneducated population, these “tools” are dangerous. Both platforms allow people to advertise only the positive aspects of their life. Selfies with food, pictures of clothes and cars they buy. Look at me on holiday on the beach etc. Their 5 minutes of fame which leaves others feeling less adequate. It’s also a platform for abuse, bullying and other crimes.

Like I say, there are many fantastic positive aspects to both platforms, but overall I think they have had a negative impact on society, which simply isn’t mature enough to use them as envisaged by the clever minds of the inventors. 

6C6E1882-F301-493C-9B2B-627422D1CD13.gif

• Like 2
  • Cool 1

It frustrates me no end that people are developing opinions on critical issues on the basis of a quick sound bite or a meme. But the idea banning misleading and false information from social media platforms maybe well intended but ultimately counterproductive. Furthermore, what gives any one entity the right to determine what is false and what is true?

• Like 6

3 hours ago, KaptainRob said:

Me thinks one could start with the People who work in the Wokehouse!

imop

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Khunmark said:

It frustrates me no end that people are developing opinions on critical issues on the basis of a quick sound bite or a meme. But the idea banning misleading and false information from social media platforms maybe well intended but ultimately counterproductive. Furthermore, what gives any one entity the right to determine what is false and what is true?

I think there is and should be freedom of opinion.

But I don't agree with there being a freedom of deliberate misinterpretation or disinformation.

And that's my opinion.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

5 hours ago, KaptainRob said:

A very pertinent comment to the reality.

6 hours ago, Bob20 said:

But I don't agree with there being a freedom of deliberate misinterpretation or disinformation.

And that's my opinion.

In a perfect world we wouldn’t have idiots and grifters peddling false information. But these laws are moving the web in a direction away from its initial intention. Critical thinking occurs when we engage with both sides of an argument. It also affords us the opportunity to publicly debunk myths.

15 hours ago, KaptainRob said:

Note Googles 'review' of the site

That's not from Google, that's from Wikipedia.

If an entry has a Wiki entry, Google uses the first few lines in their listing.

10 hours ago, Bob20 said:

And that's my opinion.

Hear, hear.  Well said.

I think people have the right to say what they are concerned about when it comes to the covid-19/pandemic, but i also feel that some anti-vaccine comments and especially videos should be monitored more strictly before being published, as some are just trying to scare people which plants the seeds of worry in individuals heads when most of what they post has no true foundations.

I am pro vaccine but media platforms are non democratic entities.

Biden himself said very openly that Covid19 cannot be spread to a vaccinated person yet no repercussions.  If bans and penalties are to be dished out for false information then make it uniform. Otherwise a democracy becomes a dictatorships propaganda outlet.

• Like 3

IMO these platforms, youtube, twitter and fb will die due to their restrictions on free speech. so many other platforms are growing. I say, go on! restrict freespeech to the max. Do your best!! 

They will be so fast forgotten after their collapse 😄

• Like 3

these platforms are in it for profit not for freedom of speech, if you want freedom of speech there are other platforms such as odysee and gab and telegram groups.

My oh my how times have changed. Having served during the cold war, if you had told me back then, that Russia would become the beacon of free speech, while the USA would become a tyrannical technocracy, I would never have believed it.

RIP USA.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Last year the same people: I am not taking Trump's poison shot.

This year: You are a dangerous terrorist if you are not taking the Holy Vaccine! Holy Jab will save us all! It's SCIENCE! SCIENCE! 😱🤣

Edited by JackIsAGoodBoy
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Bob20 said:

Maybe you shouldn't be such a Biden bootlicker... Thousand of Vaxxed loons have c9ontracted the Flu virus and considering where you get your news from, I can  surmise you are not to bright!

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, SIXGUNSMAGEE said:

Maybe you shouldn't be such a Biden bootlicker... Thousand of Vaxxed loons have c9ontracted the Flu virus and considering where you get your news from, I can  surmise you are not to bright!

I'm neither American nor a Biden fan.

And the rest of your post doesn't show any detailed knowledge of the matter, nor that you're intelligent enough to understand a reply 😉