News Forum - Phuket’s Vegetarian Festival kicks off this week

Thaiger

Get out your protective eye-wear and ear muffs. It’s THAT time of the year on Thailand’s southern island. Phuket’s Vegetarian Festival kicks off next week, but under the remaining Covid restrictions that limit the size of crowds, etc, etc on the island. The Vegetarian Festival, aka. Nine Emperor Gods Festival, is an annual commemoration inviting ancient Chinese spirits to come down from the heavens to witness nearly 8 days of rituals and parades. But officials worry this year’s festivities may not receive their usual attendance or people will be attending for shorter periods and avoiding the crowds. Bottomline, less money […]

The post Phuket’s Vegetarian Festival kicks off this week appeared first on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

Many places closed for months.. because of covid. Let's do a festival.. but you may not celebrate your birthday with a your friends ( what they call a crowd)... let me guess this is allowed, because thailand benefit from it financially... they think..

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Considering all the restriction we have in place, now all of a sudden it's ok to have a festival that usually draws big crowds, I'll be staying well away from Phuket Town

18 minutes ago, Lowseasonlover said:

What if we get a spike in infection over the 9 days of the festival will they close it down?

Hahahaha yeah right, there will be an excuse, and they will blame someone else

24 minutes ago, Lowseasonlover said:

What if we get a spike in infection over the 9 days of the festival will they close it down?

NO get real, baht baht baht baht and more baht.

2 hours ago, Thaiger said:

Get out your protective eye-wear and ear muffs. It’s THAT time of the year on Thailand’s southern island. Phuket’s Vegetarian Festival kicks off next week, but under the remaining Covid restrictions that limit the size of crowds, etc, etc on the island. The Vegetarian Festival, aka. Nine Emperor Gods Festival, is an annual commemoration inviting ancient Chinese spirits to come down from the heavens to witness nearly 8 days of rituals and parades. But officials worry this year’s festivities may not receive their usual attendance or people will be attending for shorter periods and avoiding the crowds. Bottomline, less money […]

The post Phuket’s Vegetarian Festival kicks off this week appeared first on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

I guess this festival is not for me. I love my meat and alcohol .😀

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Paco said:

Many places closed for months.. because of covid. Let's do a festival.. but you may not celebrate your birthday with a your friends ( what they call a crowd)... let me guess this is allowed, because thailand benefit from it financially... they think..

a bit like the hi so being naught boys,while the public get imprisonment a 2 tier system that suits our peers

No good for me, being a red wine drinker and meat eater.

I'll  continue to do my bit, and drink the odd case of red or two, and smoke a Romeo & Juliet cigar.

A Chinese inspired festival I believe,  waste of time, no Chinese tourists.

OK for local Thai/Chinese 👍

Instead of having one large festival, it could have been better organised to have smaller groups gathering in each village. Surin, Kamala, Ban Rim Pa, Karon, Hat Yai, Rawai etc. Smaller groups and spaced out.  

17 minutes ago, Jason said:

Instead of having one large festival, it could have been better organised to have smaller groups gathering in each village. Surin, Kamala, Ban Rim Pa, Karon, Hat Yai, Rawai etc. Smaller groups and spaced out.  

There is a guy in Rawai that organises something every year on the way to Nai Harn I'll take a look later as I drive bye