News Forum - Thai woman rescued from near-drowning on Pattaya Beach

Thaiger

A 22-year old Thai woman was rescued by lifeguards yesterday early evening after nearly drowning in the waters of Pattaya Beach. The incident took place just before 5 pm yesterday with emergency responders receiving word of the near-drowning at 5 pm. The young woman said that she had been travelling alone and had gone to the beach. She waded into the water for a swim but suddenly found herself in trouble when her leg cramped up. Because of the cramping, she was unable to swim back to shore. She called out for help and she waved her hands and was […]

The post Thai woman rescued from near-drowning on Pattaya Beach appeared first on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

I went surfing in Bangladesh a few years ago at Cox's Bazar.  What an insane experience.  5 or 6 guys to a huge inner tube, jet skis,  surfers and swimmers occupying the same space,  women going in fully clothed.  Fairly big waves and undertow.   I'm guessing virtually no one could swim. 

I made friends with a lifeguard I was surfing with and asked him how often they had to save people.   His answer was "every day".  Suffice to say this story would not make the Bangladesh Star.