News Forum - Police search for Australian man who allegedly raped a Thai masseuse

Thaiger

Last report is that she is awake but unable to speak owing to the injuries to her face and throat. She can hear and has movement in her hands as tested by the treating doctor getting her to do squeeze tests on his hands

According to the latest reports, he is an American, not an Australian. Her son noted that the woman had worked in Australia and somehow that has lead people to think the perp was Australian as well.

(I would have guessed American, possibly ex-military based on the cam pants and that haircut, but a lot of countries now wear American style uniforms and "crew cut" hair isn't all that uncommon.)

• Like 1

One of the things that this poor woman is going to face is the mental injuries she has received. Could you imagine what it is going to be like for her to return to her profession as a masseuse and a large farang comes in for a massage. I hope they make this scumbag pay her plenty in compensation on top of him going to prison

• Like 2

Where did you find this, Yinn?

Edited by Faz
removed image containing personal information.
  • Like 1

21 hours ago, TV7 said:

I hope they will massage him in Thai jail; preferable with 6 hands...

Maybe 6 bags first to interrogate him

• Like 1

How you could mistake the accent of an Australian is beyond me. Either way, such brutality against someone will hopefully end up in a conviction and jail time. Moreover i hope the victim gets the best of medical care...paid for by the perpetrator!!

Just now, Jason said:

How you could mistake the accent of an Australian is beyond me. 

The victims son stated that his Mother had recently returned from Australia and they thought the suspect was from Australia, based on that 

1 hour ago, Transam said:

Rubbish....🥱

Agreed 100% - absolute rubbish.

It's not the norm across Thailand, but neither is it particularly unusual in Thailand or anywhere else.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Yinn said:

Suspicion? 

Have video him do it. He admit already. 

Must protect the farang man right? Allegedly

nah 

Only suspicion.

Under the rule of law, people are innocent until proven guilty in a Court of law . 

He remains a suspect until he has been convicted of the crime 

5 minutes ago, Fluke said:

Under the rule of law, people are innocent until proven guilty in a Court of law . 

He remains a suspect until he has been convicted of the crime 

Pfffft. 
This is Thailand. Real life.  Not lefty PC nanny rubbish. His “rights”

More than 20 Thai media, TV show his passport, show him. 

Only the farang media want to hide it. 

In your country the police let him go home today until guilty in a Court of Law? Pfffft

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Maxellus said:

I've actually seen several stories on Thai new sites about older Thai men with younger Thai wives.  The problem is that they were either killing each other, assaulting, or committing crimes hence the news story.

Also don’t forget that a lot of Thai men don’t just have one girl, they have many. They also have many wives as well. Seemingly part of the culture. Who am I to judge 🤔

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Yinn said:

Pfffft. 

In your country the police let him go home today until guilty in a Court of Law? Pfffft

I agree in Western countries the law can seem soft. But which would you prefer @Yinn  A country where everyone is able to get a fair trail, or one where you are judged before a trial or in some cases it never even gets to trial. The “Boss” case being a good example?

You can’t have it both ways. You either have laws that everyone follows; even when sometimes it’ seems obvious who’s done what. Or you have laws that some can avoid simply by being who they are, or how much money they have. 

• Like 2

This probably not his first time doing this.  Royal Thai Police should contact US Embassy and him search in NCIS and LEADS database for outstanding warrants.  

6 minutes ago, Yinn said:

Pfffft. 

The legal theory in the U.K is that if a person is announced as being guilty BEFORE a trial , then his lawyers can claim that the suspect will not get a fair hearing , because the jury will assume hes guilty before any evidence is given in court and the Judge will throw the case out of Court and the suspect would be free to go and not face any charges  .

This is a general law for everyone , individual cases do not get their own laws and rules .

Everyone and every case must abide by the same laws , you cannot say "He definitely did it" and disregard all the laws . 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Fluke said:

Everyone and every case must abide by the same laws , you cannot say "He definitely did it" and disregard all the laws . 

Correct👍🏻  Although these laws and principles may sound soft, the reality is they are fair. If this guy is as guilty as he appears, then even the RTP shouldn’t have a problem proving it. It seems there were cameras in the area, his DNA will be there. There should be DNA of the girl on him and/or his bike. The girl is thankfully alive and a witness. There should be other background evidence depending on what caused this situation. We don’t operate “Lynch Mobs” in first world countries. Mind you, I wish we did after trial more often!! 

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, Does said:

This probably not his first time doing this.  Royal Thai Police should contact US Embassy and him search in NCIS and LEADS database for outstanding warrants.  

NCIS?  Are you going to get Ziva to kick his butt?

Maybe NICS.

1 hour ago, Fluke said:

The legal theory in the U.K is that if a person is announced as being guilty BEFORE a trial , then his lawyers can claim that the suspect will not get a fair hearing , because the jury will assume hes guilty before any evidence is given in court and the Judge will throw the case out of Court and the suspect would be free to go and not face any charges  .

This is a general law for everyone , individual cases do not get their own laws and rules .

Jury?

pffffft

You guys do know there is no jury in Thailand right? 

1 minute ago, Yinn said:
1 hour ago, Transam said:

Oh dear..........You obviously know nothing about procedures used in first world country law.....🤔

Oh dear....... you obviously know nothing about where Khon Kaen is on a map.

Is in Thailand. Not far from Ubon. 

Who cares about stupid procedures in Nanny State?
He is rapist and peadophile. You worry about his “rights” Scum not have “rights”. 

He did it, I can say it, thai media can say it. Even farang media in Thailand can say it.

• Haha 1