News Forum - Police search for Australian man who allegedly raped a Thai masseuse

Thaiger

3 hours ago, Griff1315 said:

I'm only looking at the funny side. Personally I have been happily married ( if that's not a contradiction in words) for 17 years to a loving Thai lady that I would not ever want to lose. Best thing I ever did.

I'm on 9 years but the constant temptation is a curse !!

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, Soidog said:

Any violent action is unacceptable, even a man punching another man (although I could make the odd exception 😉) .

Some people are so quick to lose their temper. I knew a French guy a few years back. Nice fella who worked as a middle manager for Airbus and could only travel to Thailand for two short holidays a year with his wife doing the same travelling to France. He was living happily with his Thai wife in a small village a few miles outside of Udon. Then one day they had a fight and he pushed her resulting in her breaking her wrist.

He had built a lovely Thai style wooden house. Built a swimming pool and special games annex with pool table and karaoke room. He sent the woman’s two girls from a previous relationship  to school and on to university. Helped her family with their small farm buying a number of machines and packaging equipment, and obviously supported the family to the tune of 40,000 baht a month (it’s expensive up in Udon). Then one day he decided to surprise her by coming back unannounced for her birthday. To his surprise he found another man living in his house when he arrived. It turns out that when he left and went back to France, this other guy moved in. When he was returning, he left for a couple of weeks. He went crying to his mother-in-law who explained this was all his fault. When he asked how can it be my fault? She said “well if you had told her you were coming this wouldn’t have happened”.  I just don’t know what made him lose his temper so much and push the woman to the floor?  Frail ego I suppose?….

Two sides to every story. Let this guy have his chance to explain as I hope he will. If he did even hit her then he should be sorted out. If he did what’s alleged then he should rot in jail. 

The story you told about the French man is not unusual, I have been told such stories first hand by some guys who had also a similar experience.

A friend of mine owned a restaurant-bar in Phuket, he used to tell me stories as he knew many people there, similar ones to the French man's and a funny one where three guys were sitting at a bar, they did not know each other and did not speak to each other but they had been sending money to the same girl each month, the guys each told her they were coming so she scarpered back to Issan for two weeks until the guys had gone back, they were all told individually that papa was sick and she had to go home. LOL

Edited by JamesR
typo
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

45 minutes ago, JamesR said:

The story you told about the French man is not unusual, I have been told such stories first hand by some guys who had also a similar experience.

A friend of mine owned a restaurant-bar in Phuket, he used to tell me stories as he knew many people there, similar ones to the French man's and a funny one where three guys were sitting at a bar, they did not know each other and did not speak to each other but they had been sending money to the same girl each month, the guys each told her they were coming so she scarpered back to Issan for two weeks until the guys had gone back, they were all told individually that papa was sick and she had to go home. LOL

Yes a familiar experience. You have to ask yourself who is wrong? For example, a 55 year old man who thinks that he can really attract a 25 year old girl because he’s special, or a 25 year old girl who plays the field to get some money? It’s harsh, because on one side they think it’s of the heart, and on the other they think is hard cash. The most generous I can say is it’s 50/50. Som nam Nar ….

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Fluke said:

The suspect is from Australia and the victim lived in Australia for seven years and returned to Thailand earlier this year .

Coincidence ?

Interesting that, Does anyone have an Australian news reports of this I wonder ? if so surely they would dig up a connection if there was one.

3 hours ago, Soidog said:

Yes a familiar experience. You have to ask yourself who is wrong? For example, a 55 year old man who thinks that he can really attract a 25 year old girl because he’s special, or a 25 year old girl who plays the field to get some money? It’s harsh, because on one side they think it’s of the heart, and on the other they think is hard cash. The most generous I can say is it’s 50/50. Som nam Nar ….

I laugh at the 55 year old farangs who because they only meet other farangs with young girls they seem to think it is the norm as they do not see real Thai life.

They should just walk into a Thai area and they will see there are no 55 year old Thai men with young wives as it is not part of their culture.

So to me it is really funny when these idiots get ripped off, it is a game the girls enter into, it is their intent to rip off old blokes so let them get on with it.

I was in an internet cafe a few years ago, two good looking young Thai bar girls were sending emails to a number of men saying they miss them and the dog or buffalo or something is sick so send extra money this month, they were repeating the emails out in English, they saw me looking and I smiled in a knowing why and they just laughed.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

11 hours ago, Yinn said:

Small lady. Big farang.

1 in 3 Australian women (30.5%) has experienced physical violence since the age of 15. 1 in 5 Australian women (18.4%) has experienced sexual violence since the age of 15. 1 in 3 Australian women (34.2%) has experienced physical and/or sexual violence perpetrated by a man since the age of 15.

https://www.ourwatch.org.au/quick-facts/

What are the facts for Thai women?

• Like 1

Did they release his name yet? I have only seen him being referred to as Australian. I'm sure the sooner his name is released the sooner he's going to be publicly lynched.

Also we can all become online detectives and find out everything about the guy.

Edited by Dooleygank

1 hour ago, palooka said:

What are the facts for Thai women?

She still in hospital, awake but can not speak. Her throat broken. Doctor say she will live. Many other injury.

EB29A0BF-6229-4862-9FEA-BEB3D8B547E7.jpeg

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, Yinn said:

She still in hospital, awake but can not speak. Her throat broken. Doctor say she will live. Many other injury.

EB29A0BF-6229-4862-9FEA-BEB3D8B547E7.jpeg

Thanks for the prompt reply.

4 hours ago, JamesR said:

I laugh at the 55 year old farangs who because they only meet other farangs with young girls they seem to think it is the norm as they do not see real Thai life.

They should just walk into a Thai area and they will see there are no 55 year old Thai men with young wives as it is not part of their culture.

So to me it is really funny when these idiots get ripped off, it is a game the girls enter into, it is their intent to rip off old blokes so let them get on with it.

I was in an internet cafe a few years ago, two good looking young Thai bar girls were sending emails to a number of men saying they miss them and the dog or buffalo or something is sick so send extra money this month, they were repeating the emails out in English, they saw me looking and I smiled in a knowing why and they just laughed.

I've actually seen several stories on Thai new sites about older Thai men with younger Thai wives.  The problem is that they were either killing each other, assaulting, or committing crimes hence the news story.

• Haha 1

you would have to be 50/50 as the Thais say, why would you feel the need to rape a Thai massage lady, she must have said no to the extras , I used to go once or twice a week for a regular Thai massage, I knew that any monkey business was not on offer. Yup , something wrong with the guy

14 hours ago, Yinn said:

You talk about thai prostitute girls want farang husbands right? 
Most normal girl not want farang. Some sure, minority.

For foreigner Korea guy more popular than farang. 
Most Thai woman want good Thai man, not farang. Sure

13 minutes ago, Russell said:

Just reported on Khon Kaen Link.

The man has been found and arrested in a Condo in Soi Nana Nuea, Bangkok and he is not an Australian but an American citizen by the name of Mr Robert Andrew.

Here is a link to the story 

https://www.khonkaenlink.info/read/293472/?fbclid=IwAR2NJNbLlCbnnZsagyXb8iYsyTBKQTutlShJpCIe0qQLtuJWQM6M73MUmyI

Obviously, although your in disbelief an American can be bad. At lease Thailand is enforcing law. I hope there is  no bale.

Hats off to the Thai police for this one.  I know we often criticize the BB for corruption but they are effective when properly motivated.  They are very effective at using their networks of informants and citizens to apprehend the criminals (when properly motivated:)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, LoongFred said:

Obviously, although your in disbelief an American can be bad. At lease Thailand is enforcing law. I hope there is  no bale.

Get over yourself LoongFred but if you had bothered to read the original police report it stated that he was an Australian but since they have caught the scumbag they have reported he is an American so I don't know how that small brain of yours thinks that I'm in disbelief that he is an American. Anyway you seem to be insinuating that I am an American and that I think that Americans are perfect. <abusive comment removed>

Edited by KaptainRob
Refer Forum Guidelines re abuse of others
  • Like 2

No means no. Where I came from, if a woman says no, you just be polite and move on. There is never any excuse to force yourself upon a woman. Never. It is rule #1. There is so much opportunity here, that it is absolutely incomprehensible for a guy to do something like this. Obviously many of us who are sane, and mentally fit, would never be able to grasp the mentality of a creep like this. Thankfully.

Hope the woman recovers both physically and psychologically. Abuse is an awful thing to have to deal with. Perhaps it is not a bad idea for these gals to keep something very, very sharp nearby. Nothing like a good poke to stop a freak in his tracks. 

5 minutes ago, CanadaSam said:

And much more importantly, how is the victim?

Not a word about her condition!

Last heard, she was incommunicado because of her injuries.

• Like 1