News Forum - Officials expect tens of billions of baht in Phuket tourism revenue in next 6 months

Thaiger

The governor of the Tourism Authority of Thailand expects Phuket to welcome 1 million foreign visitors in the next 6 months. Yuthasak Supasorn says this will generate around 60 billion baht in tourism revenue, as a result of some travel restrictions being relaxed. “We expect the number of visitors will significantly increase in the final quarter factoring in the quarantine reduction from 14 to 7 days starting from October, while a consistent decrease in the infection rate benefits inbound markets in the upcoming high season.” The Bangkok Post reports that, in addition to the quarantine reduction, group applications are now […]

The post Officials expect tens of billions of baht in Phuket tourism revenue in next 6 months appeared first on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

I dont think that many tourists would come to Thailand when they have to do even seven days quarantine , but no British people will go to Thailand until they no longer have to go into 10 day quarantine when they get back to the U.K 

• Like 5

Title of Article: Officials expect tens of billions of baht in Phuket tourism revenue in next 6 months

Ahhhh, so now we know where the money is expected to go. Baby needs a shiny new Mercedes.

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Thaiger said:

The governor of the Tourism Authority of Thailand expects Phuket to welcome 1 million foreign visitors in the next 6 months.

yes and Dr. Strange is going to open a portal for each of them to step through. 

• Like 4
  • Haha 4

41 minutes ago, Bob20 said:

Here we go again... 🤣🤣🤣

Yes, but it's got to the stage where it's not even funny any more.

Businesses don't need absurd predictions that will never happen so they invest money they don't have to get ready for tourists who aren't coming, they need leadership.

• Like 8

1 hour ago, Thaiger said:

Yuthasak Supasorn says this will generate around 60 billion baht in tourism revenue, as a result of some travel restrictions being relaxed.

Let’s just be honest here, tourism revenue will be 6,000,000,000,000 Billion baht over the next day, due to lax travel restrictions! …… Allegedly!

• Haha 3

The TAT are still on planet Zog, with their head up their a..e!

The tourists are not coming in anything  like those numbers while these restrictions are in place. 

You either drop the restrictions for fully vaccinated tourists including kids, and then live with the new normal,  or you die as a tourist destination. 

Far to many places to go in the world without all this beuracracy.

The travelling public do not trust the Thai authorities, and have no confidence in what they say, as they can see for themselves  the liteney of lies.

Great I can legally have a beer from today with my food. What do I legally do after 10pm, go to the Temple?

• Haha 4

I mean seriously... Every wealthy traveler who comes from around the globe is planning a trip 3-6 months in advance. They stay on an average 2 weeks. Now since we still force tourists to spend 7 days in a cozy expensive hotel room and plenty of paperwork, hassle, booking and stress and entry permits and so on... Most wealthy travelers will say, fine... And they go to easier countries. 

The sandbox model is not sustainable at the end and the mass number of tourists only come back if they ease most of the restrictions. 

By the way, the new TAT slogan sounds like a joke to me. Sorry. My opinion.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, PsyZed said:

By the way, the new TAT slogan sounds like a joke to me. Sorry. My opinion.

Why? We all take it seriously... 

🤣🤣🤣 More tissues please 🤣🤣🤣

• Haha 3

4 hours ago, Fluke said:

I dont think that many tourists would come to Thailand when they have to do even seven days quarantine , but no British people will go to Thailand until they no longer have to go into 10 day quarantine when they get back to the U.K 

Same here in austria. I have no problem to stay 7 days on phuket and than to drive elsewhere, but i have to do a f***ing 10 day quarntine too when i come back.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, PsyZed said:

Now since we still force tourists to spend 7 days in a cozy expensive hotel room

At first I thought that too, but I can contradict that. In the last 2 weeks I have dealt very much with the hotel prices on Phuket, as I might be planning to do 7 days of island quarantine and then drive on in the country. There is a very wide range of hotels where you can pay between 150 and 30,000 euros for a week including breakfast. i think the hotel prices are very fair. you just have to do the work and really read through and compare the various offers on booking.com, agoda or other booking sites for hotels. then you will also find fantastic hotels in phuket at great and fair prices.

Edited by Woifal
  • Like 2

Morons. A few years ago I was planning to purchase a condo for vacation in Thailand. I am glad I didn’t proceed with that. Over the past two years it’s been shown to me how pathetic this country in general is, and I will never invest nor place any assets there! 

• Like 1

To get 1,000000 Arrival's in 6 months they require about  5500 foreign tourists to arrive every day of the week from day one.

Very optimistic to say the least.

Don't waste your time doing the calculations...... TAT...read Totally Absurd Thailand. Non Thais will remember the story of "The boy who cried Wolf".....Sooner or later, no one believes you....

• Like 3