News Forum - Phuket entry update October 1: Checkpoints, testing, vaccines

Thaiger

Starting tomorrow, the rules for entering (and exiting) Phuket are changing. The Phuket Sandbox will be reducing the time arriving international travellers must stay on the island to one week, meaning they won’t need as many Covid-19 tests as well. But revisions also go into effect for domestic travellers and overland entry onto the island, making it easier for tourism to begin to grow again. CHECKPOINT 24/7 The checkpoint at Tha Chatchai on the only bridge onto Phuket will now operate 24 hours a day again starting tomorrow according to Phuket Vice Governor Pichet Panapong. The decision was made at […]

The post Phuket entry update October 1: Checkpoints, testing, vaccines appeared first on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

• Like 1

What about rules for domestic flight non-stop from Chiang Mai (Viet jet flight Oct 8th)?  I am double vaxxed with Pfizer and did not see where this was addressed with entry requirements.

Hi all, how often does Thailand update their own entry list for countries? Basically, I am British and with pfizer vaccine but would like to go to Sri Lanka and then onto Thailand. However, am I correct in saying Thailand aren't letting anyone who has been in Sri Lanka in or is this outdated? Thanks 

4 hours ago, Yinn said:

Good plan. 
Reduce the rules slowly to control situation AND help business.

Balance.

Phuket start to live again.

The only way I can see Phuket "living again" is when tourists can have a holiday, and that means less restrictions than they have at home so no masks and no restrictions otherwise why come?

I'm not sure Phuket's ready for that yet, but I'm sure Thailand's not.

All Phuket's done, rather cleverly, is corner the market for quarantine for all of Thailand.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Thaiger said:

Starting tomorrow, the rules for entering (and exiting) Phuket are changing. The Phuket Sandbox will be reducing the time arriving international travellers must stay on the island to one week, meaning they won’t need as many Covid-19 tests as well. But revisions also go into effect for domestic travellers and overland entry onto the island, making it easier for tourism to begin to grow again. CHECKPOINT 24/7 The checkpoint at Tha Chatchai on the only bridge onto Phuket will now operate 24 hours a day again starting tomorrow according to Phuket Vice Governor Pichet Panapong. The decision was made at […]

The post Phuket entry update October 1: Checkpoints, testing, vaccines appeared first on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

What are the rules for flying from Bangkok to Phuket.  Double vax is enough?  

• Like 1

At the risk of being labelled a village idiot, troll and anti-vaxxer, I have one real question on the requirements to enter the sandpit (not that I have the slightest desire to be there): if you have to be a certified double-jab recipient, why do you have to then undergo (restricted) quarantine and be subject to PCR testing? We have been bombarded for the last months with how wonderful these miraculously produced (in such a short immunology-wise period) 'vaccines' are and that the will make you ten-feet tall and bullet proof. So, why the added restrictions? Please feel free to howl me down...

Oh, and while you are at it, why aren't we hearing about these side effects from younger, seemingly fit recipients? https://www.messenger.com/messenger_media/?thread_id=100007586656391&attachment_id=574346380345185&message_id=mid.%24cAAAABxDFV7yCaGX-WV8Nx_-BDhvi

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Viggen840 said:

why do you have to then undergo (restricted) quarantine and be subject to PCR testing?

No need to howl, but as you're new on the forum you perhaps haven't been following the intense debate on this subject across several threads and conversations.

It boils down to 2 things.

1) Though vaccinated you can still carry and spread the virus.

2) The government is full of monkeys who have no critical thinking skills.

3) Your "required" hotel and "required" testing are owned by people with government connections.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, MrStretch said:

No need to howl, but as you're new on the forum you perhaps haven't been following the intense debate on this subject across several threads and conversations.

It boils down to 2 things.

1) Though vaccinated you can still carry and spread the virus.

2) The government is full of monkeys who have no critical thinking skills.

3) Your "required" hotel and "required" testing are owned by people with government connections.

And some can even count to 3... 🤣

Allegedly 😉

• Haha 1

Domestic travelers must have the vaccine?! What about those of us who cannot have it? We seriously need to get into Phuket for business!