Acerola

MrStretch

Acerola is a fruit I fell in love with while living in northeast Brasil.  The fruit was tart and juicy and my Brasilian family taught me how to make the most incredible juice from the fruit.

The first time I lived in Malaysia, my gf had a tree in the front yard, but they never ate the fruit.  

After I moved to Thailand, I tried for a long time to get the seeds so I could start my own trees.  I even had people sending me seeds from South America, but they never made it past customs.

There are times - we all have them - when we find the solution and realize how dumb and complicated we make something.  I found trees for sale on Lazada and had three shipped to my home.

They're baby trees, but my long-term plan is to have a sizable orchard in the wife's family's moo bah and create dried acerola snacks and juice.

Do you have a similar passion for this fruit or do you grow it at your home?

acerola.jpg.38c0785ea7185a6f36caab0fdaf837cd.jpg

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/30/2021 at 12:21 PM, MrStretch said:

Acerola is a fruit I fell in love with while living in northeast Brasil.  The fruit was tart and juicy and my Brasilian family taught me how to make the most incredible juice from the fruit.

The first time I lived in Malaysia, my gf had a tree in the front yard, but they never ate the fruit.  

After I moved to Thailand, I tried for a long time to get the seeds so I could start my own trees.  I even had people sending me seeds from South America, but they never made it past customs.

There are times - we all have them - when we find the solution and realize how dumb and complicated we make something.  I found trees for sale on Lazada and had three shipped to my home.

They're baby trees, but my long-term plan is to have a sizable orchard in the wife's family's moo bah and create dried acerola snacks and juice.

Do you have a similar passion for this fruit or do you grow it at your home?

acerola.jpg.38c0785ea7185a6f36caab0fdaf837cd.jpg

I believe we have one such tree in our mooban.  Our gardeners had some fruit, which I initially thought to be cherries, and the wife liked the tartness.  Of the fruit, not me.