Jump to content

Isaan . . . where The Land of Smiles gets its name from


Recommended Posts

23 minutes ago, Transam said:

Depends on how much money the guy earns in farangland, for some there is no problem paying out peanuts to make folk happy.

I even sing to them to make them happy........🤣

I sang one time. Now I never do. That keeps them very very happy !😂

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Yinn said:

Everybody welcome Ranong. 
But I recommended that not come this months is rainy season. Ranong is the most rain in Thailand province. 4.5 rain meter every year.
60% is forest. 

And lowest population province in Thailand. Most Ranong people know my family. Have Buddhist, Muslim and Burma, everybody friend each other. Helping together.
 

Lowest covid. 

Also cleanest province in Thailand. Numnpber 1. Sure.
 

Doesn't the rainy season last for eight months in Rayong ?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

29 minutes ago, Fluke said:

Its the principle, rather than the amount of money .

Perhaps the guy doesn't think like that....😊

Link to comment
Share on other sites

58 minutes ago, Fluke said:

Doesn't the rainy season last for eight months in Rayong ?

No, Rayong is near Chonburi.

But in Ranong, (Yinn) is 8 months. Have many frog singing. 
 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 9/17/2021 at 10:32 AM, Chaimai said:

Is true.

You miss alcohol from your list.

Where I live in Chonburi I go to Thai ran-a-han tonight, cook and 1 staff from Isaan......they are very friendly and are OK that I use my little bit of Thai language.

Interesting because Thai language and Isaan language are not the same thing.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, TukTuk said:

Interesting because Thai language and Isaan language are not the same thing.

Yes and  no. There is often a colloquial spoken dialect such as in Isaan where Cambodian and Laos words can be commonly used but written Thai is more consistent.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Convert54 said:

Yes and  no. There is often a colloquial spoken dialect such as in Isaan where Cambodian and Laos words can be commonly used but written Thai is more consistent.

Issan people speak Laos to each other and Thai to non-Laos Thais.

Many Laos people work in Phuket and the locals can not understand them if they do not speak standard Thai. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 hours ago, Yinn said:

No, Rayong is near Chonburi.

But in Ranong, (Yinn) is 8 months. Have many frog singing. 
 

Frogs come out everywhere during the wet weather, but perhaps your frogs in Ranong are better trained and sing like this ?    -Enjoy

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, TukTuk said:

Interesting because Thai language and Isaan language are not the same thing.

All Issan people can speak Thai. Learn at school. Official language. 

Issan Laos and Laos Laos language is similar, but different.

Northern Issan is similar, but different southern issan. 

Thai writing and Laos writing is similar, but different.
 

Issan Laos use Thais writing, Laos use Laos writing.  

Understand?
 

  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, TukTuk said:

Interesting because Thai language and Isaan language are not the same thing.

Fortunately, they understand both

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Chaimai said:

Fortunately, they understand both

Multilingual from children, I wish I could have been

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 9/17/2021 at 11:17 PM, Yinn said:

“Typical” 

Issan,= friendly, fun, like to lie, primitive

North=  friendly, lazy, beautiful skin the most

Central = Educated, selfish, fatty.

South = ruthless, dark skin

Are you ruthless with dark skin? I don't think so. Most likely a healthy tone. Opinionated yes. The south is good except the food is way too hot for me. I can eat Thai food everywhere else, but food from the south is toxic to me. Maybe that's why it rains so much.

Unlike the past I see a lot of fatty people everywhere. They seemed to have discovered McDonald's.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

23 minutes ago, LoongFred said:

Are you ruthless with dark skin? I don't think so. Most likely a healthy tone. Opinionated yes. The south is good except the food is way too hot for me. I can eat Thai food everywhere else, but food from the south is toxic to me. Maybe that's why it rains so much.

Unlike the past I see a lot of fatty people everywhere. They seemed to have discovered McDonald's.

Ruthless could be referring to the Islamist jihad in the south going on for 20 years and costing over 5k lives, including monks and teachers be headed and kids blown up. It's described as a 'religious insurgency' on the Thaiger. 🙄

Link to comment
Share on other sites

38 minutes ago, LoongFred said:

Are you ruthless with dark skin? I don't think so. Most likely a healthy tone. Opinionated yes. The south is good except the food is way too hot for me. I can eat Thai food everywhere else, but food from the south is toxic to me. Maybe that's why it rains so much.

Unlike the past I see a lot of fatty people everywhere. They seemed to have discovered McDonald's.

Yes I am ruthless. @NCC1701A He know about that. And the other one.
Yes, I am dark skin. I like outside, not care too much. 
 

Not have McDonald’s in Ranong. Nobody want to eat the clown food.
Tasteless rubbish food. Rediculous IMO, but number one in farang. Up to you. I think the clown is very rich. 

I boring with South food. I like Issan food more. (Not laab dip). Italian and Korean Barbeque. Malaysia Laksa.

  • Cool 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

28 minutes ago, thai3 said:

Ruthless could be referring to the Islamist jihad in the south going on for 20 years and costing over 5k lives, including monks and teachers be headed and kids blown up. It's described as a 'religious insurgency' on the Thaiger. 🙄

Nooo. That “deep” south. Ranong have Muslim, Buddhist and Burma. Everyone can be freind. 
 

But you want a hitman? Nakhon Si Thammarat is famous for the best! Good service and price. 
 

Deep South is problem. Is more “separist” than “Islamist Jihad”. 
Thailand take them long time before.
similar Ireland problem before. More than religion problem. 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 minutes ago, Yinn said:

Yes I am ruthless. @NCC1701A He know about that. And the other one.
Yes, I am dark skin. I like outside, not care too much. 
 

Not have McDonald’s in Ranong. Nobody want to eat the clown food.
Tasteless rubbish food. Rediculous IMO, but number one in farang. Up to you. I think the clown is very rich. 

I boring with South food. I like Issan food more. (Not laab dip). Italian and Korean Barbeque. Malaysia Laksa.

I particularly like yom. I had yum moo last night. Issan food is great as long as it's cooked. I know too much about parasites in raw food. Some food looks cooked because of how it's prepared so be careful. Food in the north is usually cooked (except nam). My mother in law would raise pigs in an elevated pen for nam. Pigs become infected by eating garbage containing raw pork or from eating rats that get into there pen. MIL even took me to the local market to show me Triconosis infected meat. I was trying to teach her but she became my teacher. I miss her.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, LoongFred said:

I particularly like yom. I had yum moo last night. Issan food is great as long as it's cooked. I know too much about parasites in raw food. Some food looks cooked because of how it's prepared so be careful. Food in the north is usually cooked (except nam). My mother in law would raise pigs in an elevated pen for nam. Pigs become infected by eating garbage containing raw pork or from eating rats that get into there pen. MIL even took me to the local market to show me Triconosis infected meat. I was trying to teach her but she became my teacher. I miss her.

By skin tone, in America we'd call it a healthy or tanned look, which is beautiful. White pale skin is usually associated with sick people. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, LoongFred said:

By skin tone, in America we'd call it a healthy or tanned look, which is beautiful. White pale skin is usually associated with sick people. 

I don't think that is really the case anymore these days

 

People are very cognizant of skin cancer and it's rare to see people overly tanned like when I was a kid in the 80/90's 

 

I'd go as far to say it's almost shunned 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Marc26 said:

I don't think that is really the case anymore these days

People are very cognizant of skin cancer and it's rare to see people overly tanned like when I was a kid in the 80/90's 

I'd go as far to say it's almost shunned 

I agree that in the 80 and 90s. and before people would sunbath a lot. However, if you like health outdoor activities your skin gets darker. 

Some people in Thailand go to extremes to avoid sunlight. I don't think thats healthy either. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

As we have learned, a key factor in dealing with C19 is vitamin D, which we get most of from the sun working on our skin, UVB rays, so folk who cover up 24/7 may be down on vitamin D.

PS. I have a UVB lamp, I bought it probably near twenty years back to deal with Psoriasis that I was plagued with, I still use it today. I read that this lamp actually boosts vitamin D....😊

Link to comment
Share on other sites

50 minutes ago, LoongFred said:

By skin tone, in America we'd call it a healthy or tanned look, which is beautiful. White pale skin is usually associated with sick people. 

The white bits are always the best

  • Haha 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, Lowseasonlover said:

The white bits are always the best

The pink items not too bad either

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, gummy said:

The pink items not too bad either

Its Sunday morning , no time to be talking about genitals 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Fluke said:

Its Sunday morning , no time to be talking about genitals 

Don't know what is under your nose but the people I know all have their lips below their noses which are pink 😂

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, JamesR said:

Issan people speak Laos to each other and Thai to non-Laos Thais.

Many Laos people work in Phuket and the locals can not understand them if they do not speak standard Thai. 

Its quite common in  many parts of Thailand and there are numerous local dialects , they converse with each other in their local dialect and converse in Thai with people who cannot understand their local dialect 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • KaptainRob locked this topic
  • Andrew Reeve unlocked this topic
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
 Share


×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By posting on Thaiger Talk you agree to the Terms of Use