News Forum - 2 officers killed, 4 injured in roadside bomb explosion in Thailand’s Deep South

Thaiger

A roadside bomb explosion in the Deep South province Narathiwat killed two police officers and injured four others yesterday afternoon. Small bombings and other attacks in the southernmost provinces near the Malaysian border happen frequently and are often related to the religious separatist insurgency. The bomb was made with a cooking gas cylinder and then placed in a sewer pipe under the road, police say, according to the Bangkok Post. A wire strung on the device to the nearby forest was used to detonate the bomb. The bomb reportedly exploded while two police pickup trucks were driving by at around […]

The post 2 officers killed, 4 injured in roadside bomb explosion in Thailand’s Deep South appeared first on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

This insurgency amazes me that the world doesn't pay more attention to it, but I think it's largely because the Thai government makes quick mention of it when something happens, and doesn't dwell on the fact that more than 7,000 deaths have been recorded since the fighting began.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, MrStretch said:

but I think it's largely because the Thai government makes quick mention of it when something happens, and doesn't dwell on the fact that more than 7,000 deaths have been recorded since the fighting began.

Or …. are not discriminatory as they benefit Thailand. …. Maybe wrong article, but I think the statement fits here.

• Like 1