News Forum - Koh Phangan begins booster shot vaccine drive from today

Thaiger

Koh Phangan kicked off its drive to give third booster shot vaccinations to the local population today, ahead of the October target in Thailand, with a goal of 1,300 injections today and more to come. The event took place at the Koh Phangan Sueksa School in Thongsala Moo 1 near Big C. At the school, workers were administering AstraZeneca booster shots to people who had received 2 Sinovac vaccines in Phangan already. Of note, the full vaccine doses were administered intramuscularly unlike Phuket where booster shots were recently switched to a new subdermal injection method that puts 20% of a […]

The post Koh Phangan begins booster shot vaccine drive from today appeared first on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

Good to hear they got a full dose for a booster and not the Phuket 20%. Sad to hear it sounds like they used all their allocation of vaccines in the one day hit.

Reminds me of a song 

Where have all the flowers (vaccines) gone.....😁                        

Just now, Griff1315 said:

Good to hear they got a full dose for a booster and not the Phuket 20%. Sad to hear it sounds like they used all their allocation of vaccines in the one day hit.

Reminds me of a song 

Where have all the flowers (vaccines) gone.....😁                        

Seems to happen in more places. In CM the jab locations are closed since Friday too. The allocation was only 29.000 and that's not even scratching the surface. I really don't believe the huge numbers of available vaccines anymore. Actually I didn't believe them for a while already...

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Thaiger said:

...the full vaccine doses were administered intramuscularly unlike Phuket where booster shots were recently switched to a new subdermal injection method that puts 20% of a normal dose just under the skin instead of into the muscle.

No real surprise given the reaction to the Phuket trial on Thai social media.

Locally many who were given 2 x Sinovac are simply resigned to "starting again" with AZ - particularly as most of the nurses and hospital staff had 2 x Sinovac.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Bob20 said:

Seems to happen in more places. In CM the jab locations are closed since Friday too. The allocation was only 29.000 and that's not even scratching the surface. I really don't believe the huge numbers of available vaccines anymore. Actually I didn't believe them for a while already...

Don't tell no one but CM just had another vaccine delivery.1514430762_Screenshot_20210929-155449_PhotoshopExpress.thumb.jpg.905593a8f8fc239dc10640dfea97d999.jpg

Thought you might like to know....🤣🤣🤣

• Haha 1

Good they got a proper vaccination. No way am I accepting a 20% subdermal injection on the advice of a nobody Phuket hospital injecting 122 people in a study. As if it were not hard enough already to get a Thai administered vaccine recognised.

4 minutes ago, Artemis080 said:

Good they got a proper vaccination. No way am I accepting a 20% subdermal injection on the advice of a nobody Phuket hospital injecting 122 people in a study. As if it were not hard enough already to get a Thai administered vaccine recognised.

If you're unlucky to get 20% you can always ask for 4 free refills 🤭

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Stonker said:

Locally many who were given 2 x Sinovac are simply resigned to "starting again" with AZ - particularly as most of the nurses and hospital staff had 2 x Sinovac.

So that’s why 4 doses, have now appeared on vaccination lists? Redoing the Sinovac experience?