News Forum - Education Ministry apologises for fake flood photo

Thaiger

After publishing an edited photo of the Deputy Education Minister wading in floodwaters, the Education Ministry has released a formal apology. Posting yesterday on their Facebook page, the ministry acknowledged the false information. The photo was posted yesterday showing the deputy education minister knee-deep in floodwaters, with a caption stating that she visited the areas that have been flooded as a result of tropical storm Dianmu students and school officials there. People who saw the post were quick to comment on Thai social media that the image looked fake, as no water was affected by her presence, she cast no shadow, […]

The post Education Ministry apologises for fake flood photo appeared first on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Thaiger said:

After publishing an edited photo of the Deputy Education Minister wading in floodwaters, the Education Ministry has released a formal apology. Posting yesterday on their Facebook page, the ministry acknowledged the false information.

So who will be punished? 

New restrictions against fake news and misinformation were enacted on Friday after being published in the Royal Gazette.

The new regulation was issued under Section 9 of the Emergency Decree on Public Administration in Emergency Situations. The emergency decree has been in place since March 26, 2020 and was recently extended for a 13th time, until September 30.

The new regulation bans the reporting, selling, or publishing of letters, publications, or other media “containing messages that might cause panic to citizens or intentionally falsify information that might cause misunderstanding during the state of emergency”.

So just because the Government can do it …..

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, AdvocatusDiaboli said:

So just because the Government can do it …..

My thoughts, exactly.

Monkey see, monkey do.

The government has no moral high ground to persecute others for publishing "fake" news when they do it themselves.

BTW, it was a lousy editing job.

I think Oppo phone loved by social media influencers ( i dated the girl once who's official job was "social media influencer)  has AI to make your photos look better, so blame it on Oppo

It's called "photoshopping"....They've been "sprung" as we say in my country. I do find it interesting that the apology comes after they're caught in the act! An apology before it was discovered would have shown real sincerity. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Jason said:

Did anyone notice there's an image of the Titanic sinking in the background?? Take a closer look....

It's not the real Titanic as she went down in 1912. I think it has been Photoshopped as Jason quite rightly observed.

On 9/29/2021 at 11:01 AM, NCC1701A said:

had this been forwarded to the police's Fake News Division?

I hear the Fake News Division is under investigation for fake results.

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, Jason said:

Did anyone notice there's an image of the Titanic sinking in the background?? Take a closer look....

You mean Thaitanic...

On 9/29/2021 at 11:01 AM, NCC1701A said:

had this been forwarded to the police's Fake News Division?

are you saying investigate the source? 🤣

5 hours ago, WilliamG said:

It's not the real Titanic as she went down in 1912. I think it has been Photoshopped as Jason quite rightly observed.

I can't see Leonardo DiCaprio, so it must be real! 🤔

• Haha 1