News Forum - Thailand looks to Indian visitors celebrating Diwali to compensate for lack of Chinese visitors

Thaiger

Thai officials are hoping to capitalise on the upcoming Hindu festival of lights, also known as Diwali, to get Indian tourists into the country and bolster the stagnant tourism sector. The Bangkok Post notes that this expectation is also seen as a way of compensating for a lack of Chinese tourists. Diwali will begin in early November, which coincides with the planned waiver of quarantine for vaccinated tourists on November 1. Somsong Sachaphimukh, vice president of the Thai Tourism Council says the tourism sector anticipates Indians will travel in large numbers for the festival. Prior to the pandemic, Indians comprised […]

The post Thailand looks to Indian visitors celebrating Diwali to compensate for lack of Chinese visitors appeared first on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

14 minutes ago, Thaiger said:

way of compensating for a lack of Chinese tourists

They're truly delusional. Compensate for...it doesn't work like that.

• Like 1

Naive, if not stupid.  
It takes time to plan a vacay for most of the people. With no clear announcements or guidelines published, do they think Indians or anyone would be booking anything soon based on the reputation of Thai government? Thailand is not the only vacation destination in the world. Hahaha. 

• Like 1

Another brilliant idea. India and Malaysia the 2 highest Covid countries in the territory. I wonder if you gave these clowns a lego set if they actually have the mentality to make something. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

23 minutes ago, HolyCowCm said:

Another brilliant idea. India and Malaysia the 2 highest Covid countries in the territory. I wonder if you gave these clowns a lego set if they actually have the mentality to make something. 

I'm sure they can manage 

Edited by Faz
The News topics are not the place to post humorous images

The festival is early November? Anyone traveling for that already has plans locked in. Never mind thailand hasn’t issued many of its new rules yet. Tourists hate uncertainty. 

22 minutes ago, Griff1315 said:

I'm sure they can manage 

Yeah probably right. But they would probably ask for thinly made glass legos so they could build a house.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, MrStretch said:

Why do they think that Indians would leave their home for the biggest family festival of the year?

And not enough Indian restaurants still open in Thailand to feed them all …….

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, AdvocatusDiaboli said:

And not enough Indian restaurants still open in Thailand to feed them all …….

They eat out here? I thought they ate before they left and brought takeaways 🤔

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Bob20 said:

They eat out here? I thought they ate before they left and brought takeaways

I know in the 80’s Russian trains were called sausage trains …. What now would they call Indian planes?

• Like 2

1 minute ago, AdvocatusDiaboli said:

I know in the 80’s Russian trains were called sausage trains …. What now would they call Indian planes?

Papadam Planes

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

26 minutes ago, EdwardV said:

The festival is early November? Anyone traveling for that already has plans locked in. Never mind thailand hasn’t issued many of its new rules yet. Tourists hate uncertainty. 

All tourists? Regardless of ethnicity, type of holiday, length of visit, etc? Can you take 'tourists' as an homogeneous mass?

1 hour ago, MrStretch said:

Why do they think that Indians would leave their home for the biggest family festival of the year?

Mental.

How many came in 2019.? Unlikely to be more. Is Visa on Arrival back on again or will they need to be applying for tourist visas.? 

• Like 1

People from India?? Why the hell would they leave India right now? Oh.....it's TAT....yes...yes....India...ok! Brilliant!! Yes.....oh it's a winner!!! Let's all vote for Indians to come! All in favour?.....All against? The ayes have it!!!!!! Put it out there on social media!!! This is going to be the game changer!!!! (Just giving all you novices out there an insight into the inner workings of TAT).

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Jason said:

People from India?? Why the hell would they leave India right now? Oh.....it's TAT....yes...yes....India...ok! Brilliant!! Yes.....oh it's a winner!!! Let's all vote for Indians to come! All in favour?.....All against? The ayes have it!!!!!! Put it out there on social media!!! This is going to be the game changer!!!! (Just giving all you novices out there an insight into the inner workings of TAT).

They can arrange a welcoming committee of 20 to welcome both tourists 🤣🤣🤣

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Bob20 said:

99.9% chance that the call center is in India

Incorrect … just to irritate the Indians on the other end of the phone, all the call centres will be in the USA.