News Forum - More guidelines announced for schools reopening

Thaiger

9 hours ago, PompeyLlama said:
On 10/6/2021 at 2:46 AM, Bluesofa said:

I have no idea, but it was an officially organised appointment, My wife said there were dozens of little kids there for it.

Nothing at government schools nor from what I can see government approved. I know the rejected the Chinese stuff for use for under 12s because of a lack of evidence that it was completely safe

RIght. I have a big apology to make.
I just checked with my wife. It was officially organised, but wasn't a covid vaccination, it was for whooping cough.

That's what happens when you listen to a little girl telling you what she had the injection for. My wife didn't bother to correct her at the time, as she thought it was funny. A lot of the family were having covid vaccinations and the niece jumped on the bandwagon.
Sorry again. At least I'm big enough to admit the truth, unlike a certain four-year-old - ha ha!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, Bluesofa said:

RIght. I have a big apology to make.
I just checked with my wife. It was officially organised, but wasn't a covid vaccination, it was for whooping cough.

That's what happens when you listen to a little girl telling you what she had the injection for. My wife didn't bother to correct her at the time, as she thought it was funny. A lot of the family were having covid vaccinations and the niece jumped on the bandwagon.
Sorry again. At least I'm big enough to admit the truth, unlike a certain four-year-old - ha ha!

No worries mate it happens. As long as you all fine and well that is the important thing 

• Thanks 1

On 9/29/2021 at 11:15 PM, PompeyLlama said:

So much left un said as normal. Kids need to be vaccinated. What about those under 12 that can't be vaccinated? 

This school year is already dead in the water. How they can expect to teach a year of lessons in half a year. 

OK so I don't have answers but from what I am reading, neither does the government 

Wife is a teacher and her school has just finished exams, some online, some physically came to school to pick up a hard copy, 100% participation. So not all lost.

Online teaching is not the ideal learning method for kids but at the moment it is what it is with Covid and they are trying to adapt.

On 10/10/2021 at 4:00 PM, palooka said:

Wife is a teacher and her school has just finished exams, some online, some physically came to school to pick up a hard copy, 100% participation. So not all lost.

Online teaching is not the ideal learning method for kids but at the moment it is what it is with Covid and they are trying to adapt.

Our school had the exams. Not online, no hard copies just based on homework. Problem is not all students had access to the homework. The first lockdown once every 2 weeks we would collect homework hard copies and deliver back 2 weeks later and collect the next. This would have been much better 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, TJM said:

How many vaccine shots teachers want before reopening schools?  Would 4 shots be enough ?

Depends on the kids. You may want to take a 5th with a sedative too 🤣

On 9/29/2021 at 3:22 PM, DiJoDavO said:

It sounds bad, because it's not fun to be sick, but children should be exposed to germs as much as possible to get a healthy normal functioning immune system. 

What they teach their children and in school is to shower in alcohol gel and (not yet, but almost) put it in the food so there won't be germs in the food. 

They teach children to social distance while in this time of their life, they see this as the norm. Children should touch each other, not only to get exposed to germs but also there is a social part which they lack of later in life when people do everything to prevent this. 

Exactly right. Children are generally low risk especially in a school environment. The lack of social interaction might have long lasting developmental effects.

2 minutes ago, LoongFred said:

Exactly right. Children are generally low risk especially in a school environment. The lack of social interaction might have long lasting developmental effects.

This is the same discussion elsewhere, transposed. Even though you should know better.

Kids are much less likely to get sick or die, but they are superspreaders. The countless stories of them infecting and ultimately killing parents or grandparents have been extensively documented.

Hence the call for vaccination of the more vulnerable groups first.

Yet, the government sends the vaccines to the schools and leaves others vulnerable completely against scientific advice. All that will happen is that kids interact, and now only half of the already very few will suffer effects, while they can still take the virus home where grandma and grandad wait to be called for their first jab!

Great!!