News Forum - Phuket restaurants can serve alcohol starting October 1

Thaiger

In a decision that should drastically help the Phuket Sandbox and stimulate the economy, the CCSA gave initial approval to an order to allow selling and consuming alcohol in restaurants starting October 1. Thailand has had a national ban on alcohol consumption in groups and in businesses for months, with a recent crackdown on violators, but the rule would only apply to Phuket. While the order does not reopen nightlife entertainment venues such as bars, nightclubs, pubs, and karaoke, it does allow beer and alcohol to be sold in restaurants and allows patrons to drink there. The rule applies to […]

The post Phuket restaurants can serve alcohol starting October 1 appeared first on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

• Like 1

Beyond farcical.

Phuket is an 'orange' province despite having 179 cases yesterday while Loei, with a similar population, had 1 and is 'red'.

... and  "tables have to be one metre apart" just to allow customers to be able to sit at them, let alone allow any movement or staff to pass, so this is meaningless  window dressing.

Relaxing the rules should be either applied only where justified, or universally, or not at all.

Phuket's whingers will simply set back any long term recovery for a minimal short term local gain.

• Like 5

Only in Phuket 

Once again a province that should be upgraded to a red zone at least gets special treatment.

As they say money talks and the big hoteliers of Phuket have the ear of government.

• Like 5

8 minutes ago, Griff1315 said:

Only in Phuket 

Once again a province that should be upgraded to a red zone at least gets special treatment.

As they say money talks and the big hoteliers of Phuket have the ear of government.

We haven't got covid here... shoosh!  

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

14 minutes ago, Stonker said:

Beyond farcical.

Phuket is an 'orange' province despite having 179 cases yesterday while Loei, with a similar population, had 1 and is 'red'.

... and  "tables have to be one metre apart" just to allow customers to be able to sit at them, let alone allow any movement or staff to pass, so this is meaningless  window dressing.

Relaxing the rules should be either applied only where justified, or universally, or not at all.

Phuket's whingers will simply set back any long term recovery for a minimal short term local gain.

Don't forget the current 1900 tested positive with atk's in 'hide'm away hotels' for 14 nights that's around 135 a day

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Malc-Thai said:

We haven't got covid here... shoosh!  

If you believed the official figures the whole country will be in negative covid within the next month. Best keep that quite or the tourists might want to return.....

.🤣🤣🤣

• Haha 3

Big mistake on numerous fronts. The last thing we need is zero-shower barflys polluting the restaurant scene, thus turning reputable, family dining establishments into quasi dive bars.

Either let the boozehounds drink in their designated sleazy areas, or have them drink at home.

The last I want when I'm ordering lunch is a drunk fat guy talking nonsense and belching so loudly that I wish I'd never eaten there!

• Like 1
  • Haha 6

Weekly tests for all staff? Closing 3 days each for every sick customer and 1 week for a sick staff? Good luck running a restaurant like that. Did the decision makers include anyone who actually own/runs a restaurant? Geez…

• Like 4

28 minutes ago, Malc-Thai said:

Don't forget the current 1900 tested positive with atk's in 'hide'm away hotels' for 14 nights that's around 135 a day

The official skewed figures are bad enough!

• Haha 2

5 minutes ago, Stonker said:

For who?

The drinkers and bar owners?

What about everyone else, or don't they matter?

I think the people who came up with the Sandbox model seriously underestimated the number of alcoholics that were arriving back in 2019. Fortunately, 4th quarter travel plans are already done so the Sandbox will continue to chug along on a few hundred people a day. (Now, though, happily enjoying a Singha in the breeze.)

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

21 minutes ago, Stonker said:

For who?

The drinkers and bar owners?

What about everyone else, or don't they matter?

You think restaurants aren't selling anyway?? 😆😆

16 minutes ago, TheDirtyDurian said:

You think restaurants aren't selling anyway?? 😆😆

It was a simple question - sorry if it was an awkward one.

As for yours, I'm sure some are but just because some break the law doesn't mean this law or any other should be revoked.

What's next?

Because some people sell drugs, or drive on the wrong side of the road,  so it shouldn't be an offence?

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, Bob20 said:

Hold on! I've just noticed the catch 🙄

It says they can serve.

It doesn't say anything about allowing you to drink it 🤣

Once it's hidden in a coffee cup then the police can't check the level !

Keystone cops 

Edited by Malc-Thai

1 hour ago, Bob20 said:

You'd laugh if it wasn't so ineptly sad...

The UK has done much the same, removing mask wearing and social distancing restrictions.

As a direct result the UK has around 500 cases per million people whereas Germany, Portugal, Italy and Spain all have less than 100, with a similar higher number of deaths and hospitalizations.

Sure, we have to learn to live with Covid but some won't get that opportunity.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Rip255 said:

Big mistake on numerous fronts. The last thing we need is zero-shower barflys polluting the restaurant scene, thus turning reputable, family dining establishments into quasi dive bars.

Either let the boozehounds drink in their designated sleazy areas, or have them drink at home.

The last I want when I'm ordering lunch is a drunk fat guy talking nonsense and belching so loudly that I wish I'd never eaten there!

So from what your saying you wouldn't be ordering the walking taco or some panocha or get the quivering whisker biscuit with  some meat curtains or the pink cookie or vagi burger I take it? 

Fair nuff but TIST. ( This is still Thailand)

In one sense you make a point if it is indeed a real restaurant, but Pubs should be excluded in that.

Just joking and your point well taken as if I was with my family I would not want to see it as well. But by myself or with friends is a completely different story..

why many people, still do what, health experts, from institutions of government, say ?
or is waste billions of tax money to banks ( interest of national debts ), yearly normal ?
a state /government ( people actually ) owned bank, can say, no interests will be paid.
-
and trust, scared doctors ( lose job if not keep vaccinate others, or not ? ),
or ( as always, personally unknown ) experts on youtube,
( belongs google, and many pages more,
belongs manly few, banks /investment corporations, as blackrock ) is better ?
-
so nobody in the world know, if virus variants are dangerous and vaccine is working.
and have strong flu symptoms, is not a new disease.
in fact, most people not know a friend who died from these viruses.
-
think about, why education is so low, that many people follow, so called laws,
till to, not own anything ( wef prediction ), with social credit system
( behavior point account. some governments said, they want it ), and
-
take yearly, pfizer or moderna vaccines,
( from corrupt producers, which paid 2.3 billion for 1 legal case, etc. ),
what must avoid your immune-system to work, as moderna wrote.
-
in a interview on wef, april 7 2021, for transformation in action : positive futures,
there is said, they have permission, to write a new life code.
why are most news ignoring this daily ? or what did i misunderstood ?

Edited by think-and-ask