Thailand re-entry - Questions.

farang

@Soidog

I've emailed the Thai Embassy London this morning regarding availability of the STV.

I received an automated reply:
visa@thaiembassyuk.org.uk <visa@thaiembassyuk.org.uk>

Fri, 1 Oct at 11:03
*This is an automatic reply email*

We are going paperless!   

From 18 September 2021, you do not need to post your passport and original supporting documents to the embassy.

If you have completed the visa application form, and paid for the visa fee on or after 18/9/2021, please wait for your application to be accessed by our visa team. Providing that you uploaded all the required documents, and meet the eligibility criteria, you visa will be ready within 3-5 working days from the date you submitted and paid for your visa application.

Your visa will be issued electronically, and emailed to you via the email address given to us.

Whilst I was already aware the US were now issuing 'stickerless Visas' it appears the UK is doing the same.
I'll post the Embassies reply to my question when I receive it.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

@JamesE
I was just about to send you a PM with the update about stickerless Visas from the UK.

I suspect this will apply to all Countries that are using the E-Visa application system.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Faz said:

@Soidog

I've emailed the Thai Embassy London this morning regarding availability of the STV.

I received an automated reply:
visa@thaiembassyuk.org.uk <visa@thaiembassyuk.org.uk>

Fri, 1 Oct at 11:03
*This is an automatic reply email*

We are going paperless!   

From 18 September 2021, you do not need to post your passport and original supporting documents to the embassy.

If you have completed the visa application form, and paid for the visa fee on or after 18/9/2021, please wait for your application to be accessed by our visa team. Providing that you uploaded all the required documents, and meet the eligibility criteria, you visa will be ready within 3-5 working days from the date you submitted and paid for your visa application.

Your visa will be issued electronically, and emailed to you via the email address given to us.

Whilst I was already aware the US were now issuing 'stickerless Visas' it appears the UK is doing the same.
I'll post the Embassies reply to my question when I receive it.

Thanks for this @Faz. I spotted on another post you said that although the US embassy was issuing STV’s, London wasn’t doing so yet!  I will ramp up my interests in the whole process as I get towards late November. If things continue to ease, I’ll look to head back in early January. 

Really appreciate the information and help given 👍🏻

• Like 1

So nearly everything in the new announcements pertain to the Sandbox scheme and the criteria around it - what's the criteria now for landing in Bangkok ? Both for staying there or moving on (if possible) 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Benroon said:

So nearly everything in the new announcements pertain to the Sandbox scheme and the criteria around it - what's the criteria now for landing in Bangkok ? Both for staying there or moving on (if possible) 

Vaccinated from low-risk country: 7 days, two tests in AQ, Unvaccinated from low-risk country: 10 days, three tests in AQ, From high-risk country regardless of vax status: 14 days, three tests in AQ. Once you're done you're free to move about the country subject to local rules.

Edited by JamesE
clarification
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, JamesE said:

Vaccinated from low-risk country: 7 days, two tests in AQ, Unvaccinated from low-risk country: 10 days, three tests in AQ, From high-risk country regardless of vax status: 14 days, three tests in AQ. Once you're done you're free to move about the country subject to local rules.

Does low risk translate as highly vaxxed ? 

If not the thais would be justified in taking the UK off that 'low risk' list. (I'm assuming it is on the low risk list !)

What is the standardise proof of double vaxxed from UK that the thais accept btw ?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Benroon said:

If not the thais would be justified in taking the UK off that 'low risk' list. (I'm assuming it is on the low risk list !)

What is the standardise proof of double vaxxed from UK that the thais accept btw ?

I'm not sure what is accepted from the UK. Some of the requirements listed on the Thai websites: Name, passport number, etc., etc. are not on my US CDC COVID card but the consulate accepted it no questions.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Benroon said:

The UK has been on Thailand's red list for some time now.
https://ddc.moph.go.th/uploads/ckeditor2//files/จัดกลุ่มประเทศตามความเสี่ยง กรมควบคุมโรค 1 สค 64.pdf

7 hours ago, Benroon said:

I believe you can download a certificate from the NHS website.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Faz said:

The UK has been on Thailand's red list for some time now.

Doesn’t surprise me but that has all now been binned according to the article on here this morning. 

Cheers for the NHS info 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Benroon said:

Doesn’t surprise me but that has all now been binned according to the article on here this morning. 

Which article?

• Like 1

15 hours ago, JamesE said:

I don't think that's correct.

Even from a red listed Country fully vaccinated with PCR test you can enter the Sandbox SHA+ hotel, now for 7 days.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Faz said:

Which article?

Ah -  its the abolishment of the approved country list - read that as abolishing the red list

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Faz said:

I don't think that's correct.

Even from a red listed Country fully vaccinated with PCR test you can enter the Sandbox SHA+ hotel, now for 7 days.

Correct about the Sandbox. But the question asked about a BKK entry.

• Like 1

@Soidog

Received a reply from the Thai Embassy London today - Good news  👍

Thai Embassy London <visa@thaiembassyuk.org.uk>
Mon, 4 Oct at 21:05

Dear Sir/Madam
Thank you for your email.
1) If you wish to apply for an STV visa  & COE, please follow the steps below.

2) Please note that all in-person visa services are suspended. Visa services will be provided online only.  .

3) 1) Please visit www.thaievisa.go.th 
2) Sign up for individual   
3) Complete the visa application, submit and make a payment online 
4) From 27 September 2021, you do not need to post your passport and original supporting documents to the embassy. 
5) Instead, your visa will be approved online, and a confirmation e-mail will be sent to your registered email address. 
6) You may print a copy of your visa for airlines and Thai Immigration officials to carry out checks when traveling to Thailand. 

4) Providing you meet all the eligibility criteria, and uploaded all the required documents in the visa system, the current online visa processing time is approximately 2-3 working days, from the date your visa application is submitted 

Please check online for your visa status. "Finished" & "Issued Visa" means your visa has been granted, and the online email confirmation has been sent to you. 

5) Once the visa has been approved (or if you have an existing valid visa, or if you wish to go on a visa exemption), you may proceed to apply for a Certificate of Entry (COE). All passengers traveling to Thailand need a COE issued by the Royal Thai Embassy to enter the country. Each passenger has to register and apply individually.  

(Please note for visa exemption, please choose "medium-term stay" and then "visa exemption" on the COE application.) 

6) Also, prior to your departure, it is necessary for all non-Thai passengers to have the following documents ready to be presented to the immigration upon your arrival. Failure to do so can result in the denial of entering the Kingdom of Thailand. 

1. The Certificate of Entry issued by the Royal Thai Embassy  
3. Medical certificate with a laboratory result indicating that COVID-19 is not detected (COVID test must be by RT-PCR method), issued within 72 hours before departure 
4. Copy of your insurance policy which covers COVID and no less than 100,000 USD medical coverage 
5. Copy of your Confirmed booking at an ASQ hotel (if you are arriving in Bangkok), or SHA hotel if you are participating in the Phuket Sandbox.  
6. T.8 form 

I hope this is of assistance, but please do let us know if you have any further questions.

Warmest regards,
The Visa Team

-----

Once in Thailand, if you need urgent help call the British Embassy Bangkok +66 (0) 2 305 8333. You can also contact the Samaritans Thailand, if you prefer, on 02-713-6791.

• Like 2

45 minutes ago, Faz said:

@Soidog

Received a reply from the Thai Embassy London today - Good news  👍

Thai Embassy London <visa@thaiembassyuk.org.uk>
Mon, 4 Oct at 21:05

Dear Sir/Madam
Thank you for your email.
1) If you wish to apply for an STV visa  & COE, please follow the steps below.

2) Please note that all in-person visa services are suspended. Visa services will be provided online only.  .

3) 1) Please visit www.thaievisa.go.th 
2) Sign up for individual   
3) Complete the visa application, submit and make a payment online 
4) From 27 September 2021, you do not need to post your passport and original supporting documents to the embassy. 
5) Instead, your visa will be approved online, and a confirmation e-mail will be sent to your registered email address. 
6) You may print a copy of your visa for airlines and Thai Immigration officials to carry out checks when traveling to Thailand. 

4) Providing you meet all the eligibility criteria, and uploaded all the required documents in the visa system, the current online visa processing time is approximately 2-3 working days, from the date your visa application is submitted 

Please check online for your visa status. "Finished" & "Issued Visa" means your visa has been granted, and the online email confirmation has been sent to you. 

5) Once the visa has been approved (or if you have an existing valid visa, or if you wish to go on a visa exemption), you may proceed to apply for a Certificate of Entry (COE). All passengers traveling to Thailand need a COE issued by the Royal Thai Embassy to enter the country. Each passenger has to register and apply individually.  

(Please note for visa exemption, please choose "medium-term stay" and then "visa exemption" on the COE application.) 

6) Also, prior to your departure, it is necessary for all non-Thai passengers to have the following documents ready to be presented to the immigration upon your arrival. Failure to do so can result in the denial of entering the Kingdom of Thailand. 

1. The Certificate of Entry issued by the Royal Thai Embassy  
3. Medical certificate with a laboratory result indicating that COVID-19 is not detected (COVID test must be by RT-PCR method), issued within 72 hours before departure 
4. Copy of your insurance policy which covers COVID and no less than 100,000 USD medical coverage 
5. Copy of your Confirmed booking at an ASQ hotel (if you are arriving in Bangkok), or SHA hotel if you are participating in the Phuket Sandbox.  
6. T.8 form 

I hope this is of assistance, but please do let us know if you have any further questions.

Warmest regards,
The Visa Team

-----

Once in Thailand, if you need urgent help call the British Embassy Bangkok +66 (0) 2 305 8333. You can also contact the Samaritans Thailand, if you prefer, on 02-713-6791.

That’s great news and thank you so much @Faz  very helpful indeed and I will certainly be on to it soon 

• Like 1
  • Cool 1