News Forum - List of disease restrictions by colour-coded zoning

Thaiger

The Centre for Covid-19 Situation Administration decided to extend the colour-coded zoning and corresponding disease control restrictions as well as to lift some measures for provinces classified as “dark red” zones with high Covid-19 infection rates, including shortening the nightly curfew by an hour. The revisions go into effect on Friday. The zoning and restrictions will be in place until further notice. The stay-at-home order in Bangkok, and other “dark red” zones, will be from 10pm to 4am, an hour shorter than the previous 9pm to 4am curfew. Zoning and Restrictions

The post List of disease restrictions by colour-coded zoning appeared first on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

23 minutes ago, DrPhibes said:

So where the hell is Chiang Mai in the color coding provinces provided?

Exactly what I was about to say!! Crazy to leave off one of the larger metropolitan areas in Thailand. Based on recent numbers I’m going to guess we are classified as Red but again, what a head scratcher!! We shouldn’t have to guess!!

The fact that CM is excluded is a clear indication that the government despises this province. The governor is utterly incompetent in dealing with anything, like the annual air pollution disaster, like the fact that vaccination levels in his province are not even half way to the 70% needed for tourism opening, like there are no plans to do anything to stimulate domestic visitors etc etc. 

I'm in a dark red province, and none of the restaurants I've seen or visited in the last week or so have been operating at 50% or 75% capacity.

If there's an empty table, they fill it.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, MrStretch said:

I'm in a dark red province, and none of the restaurants I've seen or visited in the last week or so have been operating at 50% or 75% capacity.

If there's an empty table, they fill it.

Maybe they have room for 100% more tables :)

Last I looked Nong Khai had 7 new cases of covid.

Now those were probably people transferred from Bangkok to here for treatment.

And yet we are a red zone?

The colour coded zoning is utter crap. So long as the Sandbox areas remain orange with more cases than many red zones how can anyone take the CCSA seriously.

• Like 5

9 minutes ago, gummy said:

No, was there ever one ?

Never was - most of the upcountry provinces that lie in the red/orange zones. 

Always been able to travel freely.....of course, locale dependent and particular restrictions. 

From day one, the greater percentage of all numbers were/are concentrated in or around BKK Metro. 

If one has kept up, you'll find that most provinces outside of this region have had consistent low numbers [tested, cases, deaths, etc]. The mostly exaggerated stories of the bug being big-time widespread throughout the country is largely based on myth and knee-jerk. 

The mindset being: if it's big-time throughout the greater BKK region, it must be like this all over. 

False premise. 

45 minutes ago, gummy said:

TIT, since when has this government shown commonsense ?

I am not a huge fan of this government, that's the least to say, however I do not understand the constant and instant criticising for the sake of it by some of you on TheThaiger forums. Covid restrictions have been a non-sense all over the world from the start, certainly not based on science. Currently in Wales in the UK, pubs are fully open as normal, you can meet and play pool with ALL your friends and all strangers that are present, dancing with them if you fancy too, kiss everyone present if you wish, no mask required. But it is compulsory to wear a mask in shops.(??!!) Is this based on science? I do not think so. Does that make sense to you? I could give dozens of examples like that that did or do not make sense in many different countries. I just hope now that we will soon become rational again and put a final end on this mass hysteria...

1 minute ago, Manu said:

I am not a huge fan of this government, that's the least to say, however I do not understand the constant and instant criticising for the sake of it by some of you on TheThaiger forums. Covid restrictions have been a non-sense all over the world from the start, certainly not based on science. Currently in Wales in the UK, pubs are fully open as normal, you can meet and play pool with ALL your friends and all strangers that are present, dancing with them if you fancy too, kiss everyone present if you wish, no mask required. But it is compulsory to wear a mask in shops.(??!!) Is this based on science? I do not think so. Does that make sense to you? I could give dozens of examples like that that did or do not make sense in many different countries. I just hope now that we will soon become rational again and put a final end on this mass hysteria...

This is Thailand not the UK of which Wales is  a part so whilst you appear to have a problem regarding issues with posters complaing about the Thai goverment, then perhaps you should restrict your examples to Thailand if you have any useful input for us

1 hour ago, Rookiescot said:

Last I looked Nong Khai had 7 new cases of covid.

Now those were probably people transferred from Bangkok to here for treatment.

And yet we are a red zone?

You think that's bad?

Yesterday here in Loei we had 1 case (one) which isn't unusual.

Yesterday Phuket had 179 cases (one hundred and seventy  nine) which isn't that unusual either.

... and those are the government's figures.

The populations are similar (around 600,000).

Loei is a 'red' province, anthrax island is 'orange'.

There's no comment needed.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Manu said:

Come on - there are limits to what's an acceptable mistake or a difference of opinion and what's so far beyond stupid that there has to be some other reason for it.

2 hours ago, gummy said:

This is Thailand not the UK of which Wales is  a part so whilst you appear to have a problem regarding issues with posters complaing about the Thai goverment, then perhaps you should restrict your examples to Thailand if you have any useful input for us

The constant Thai bashing gets tedious, honestly.

Edited by Faz
personal flaming comment removed

12 hours ago, Poolie said:

For the mistakes and inept things happening in Thailand who should we bash....

Perhaps the CCP....🤣

Edited by Faz
edited quote

2 hours ago, Poolie said:

How do you think that it was a Thai bash..?

Edited by Faz
quoted comment removed.

13 minutes ago, Manu said:

...Is this based on science? I do not think so. Does that make sense to you? ...

I don't want to go off track about Wales, but the mask restrictions you mention "make sense" even if you don't agree with them..

Nobody has to go to a bar, play pool, dance and kiss - your choice entirely.

Going shopping, though, is a necessity even if someone's shopping for you.

It's hardly complicated.

End of diversion (for me).

14 minutes ago, Poolie said:

@Poolie, I agree with you unreservedly, but I think criticism in this case is fully justified and isn't "Thai bashing".

1 hour ago, gummy said:

TIT, since when has this government shown commonsense ?

15 minutes ago, Faraday said:

How do you think that it was a Thai bash..?

What else is it?