News Forum - Army ranger suspected of killing his wife and mother-in-law surrenders to authorities in Songkhla

Thaiger

An army ranger that has been on the run after allegedly killing his wife and mother-in-law, last Thursday, has surrendered to authorities in the southern Thai province of Songkhla. 37 year old Sgt Maj Pheeraphat Onchart surrendered to his commander at the 47th Ranger Regiment, yesterday. Pheeraphat was then brought to the Saba Yoi police station to be formally charged, says Pol Col Kongthap Senathip, chief of Sabai Yoi police, today. The ranger had allegedly shot his 38 year old wife, Chuthamas Sribang, who worked as a kindergarten teacher, and his mother in law, 58 year old Riam Sribang at […]

The post Army ranger suspected of killing his wife and mother-in-law surrenders to authorities in Songkhla appeared first on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

Army ranger suspected of killing his wife and mother-in-law surrenders to authorities in Songkhla

Title suggests army ranger is suspected of killing his wife, but his mother in law surrenders to authorities... 🤔

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Bob20 said:

Army ranger suspected of killing his wife and mother-in-law surrenders to authorities in Songkhla

Title suggests army ranger is suspected of killing his wife, but his mother in law surrenders to authorities... 🤔

Add a comma after the word "Mother-in-law" get an understanding of what they meant 

6 minutes ago, Bob20 said:

I know. Misguided attempt at being funny.

Made me smile anyway , also Wife and MIL suggests the man was under pressure, i see a connection here

I suspect there's a few ex  wives and  MILs who are only  alive by the grace of god

4 minutes ago, poohy said:

Made me smile anyway , also Wife and MIL suggests the man was under pressure, i see a connection here

I suspect there's a few ex  wives and  MILs who are only  alive by the grace of god

This one is similar to the article title:

We got a new car for the mother-in-law – that Government scrappage scheme is great!

And this one is always funny:

Did you hear about the man who threw his mother-in-law into the lion’s cage of a zoo? He’s being sued by the RSPCA for animal cruelty.

• Haha 1

So very sad. He, at least, has presented himself to the authorities to be arrested and tried for his crimes. I also hope that he pleads guilty to the charges, without protest. I have the feeling he will serve out his sentence without incident. 

3 hours ago, Jason said:

So very sad. He, at least, has presented himself to the authorities to be arrested and tried for his crimes. I also hope that he pleads guilty to the charges, without protest. I have the feeling he will serve out his sentence without incident. 

He did what any half knowledgeable Thai must do, after all where’s he going to run to? He’ll get a sentence reduction for handing himself in (thanks to his boss for not looking for him too hard)  and he’ll get 50% reduction for pleading guilty. And up to 50% off his reduced sentence from an amnesty that will surely come during his incarceration.  He’ll be eligible for parole after serving 33% of his reduced sentence and undoubtedly freed on parole as he previously had an unblemished record, co-operated with the police, showed remorse, paid compensation, model prisoner, yada, yada, yada, bullshit. bullshit, bullshit. He won’t do 10 years. TIT.