News Forum - Thailand’s reopening divided into 4 phases

Thaiger

5 minutes ago, Bob20 said:

The government is distributing them free. And 8.5m of them is far more than we need for the areas that they want to open. If they wanted to do it a bit safer.

Aren't these the ones that don't work from China?

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Bob20 said:

The government is distributing them free. And 8.5m of them is far more than we need for the areas that they want to open. If they wanted to do it a bit safer.

Government is distributing them free but Phuket said they would keep the costs down the costs of using these kits on entry to around 200 baht.

Thanks Phuket your so generous 

3 hours ago, Bob20 said:

I didn't think a government would behave this way, but I'm coming around to believing that they know they won't consent to opening until next year, but just postpone a few weeks at a time to avoid paying help-packages.

I’ve thought for some months now this has been the plan. It’s all a stalling tactic by the government. I think the various authorities like TAT, hoteliers and other service sectors are genuinely trying to push the thing forward. However, the government aren’t stupid, just cynical and callous. If you give people hope, they will generally back off and keep quiet. It’s so cruel to the small business operator. Best thing they can do is stay closed (tempting to open when you are in desperate need of money), sit tight and wait for a formal announcement.

2022 like you say 👍🏻  

1 minute ago, Soidog said:

I’ve thought for some months now this has been the plan. It’s all a stalling tactic by the government. I think the various authorities like TAT, hoteliers and other service sectors are genuinely trying to push the thing forward. However, the government aren’t stupid, just cynical and callous. If you give people hope, they will generally back off and keep quiet. It’s so cruel to the small business operator. Best thing they can do is stay closed (tempting to open when you are in desperate need of money), sit tight and wait for a formal announcement.

2022 like you say 👍🏻  

Fully agree. Clarity is what you need if you operate a business. If you're on the brink, the last thing you need is to spend your last money to buy perishable stock and open up, only to find no customers and then the government telling you to close again... 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Bob20 said:

... I doubt that there are many that haven't caught the virus already and at their age are/were asymptomatic.

Probably very true, but unfortunately there's no cheap / easy way of knowing who's had the virus before unless they were tested at the time. A number of western countries, including several in the EU, are accepting proof of previous infection as an alternative to proof of vaccination - the UK and the US are two of the exceptions.

3 hours ago, Bob20 said:

Fully agree. Clarity is what you need if you operate a business. If you're on the brink, the last thing you need is to spend your last money to buy perishable stock and open up, only to find no customers and then the government telling you to close again... 

If your going to throw in  the towel on beating the virus (no med-tech to beat it yet) then frik'n throw in the towel and continue to accept/encourage overseas donations and get them distributed and let's get the show on the road!

3 minutes ago, DrPhibes said:

If your going to throw in  the towel on beating the virus (no med-tech to beat it yet) then frik'n throw in the towel and continue to accept/encourage overseas donations and get them distributed and let's get the show on the road!

Absolutely. They need to get their hands on anything they can and put it in arms a.s.a.p. The 1m drive of last Friday, however, could have been organised by TAT for all I know with the ridiculous and inconsistent numbers. And here in CM nothing is being jabbed at all. So much for preparing to open!

5 hours ago, NCC1701A said:

looks like they are deliberately setting the stage for the next wave and lockdown for 2022.  

Lotsa speculation and guess work going on here. Subscribed delusions. 

They have to do what they have to do. 

We'll see what happens......might not be such the disastrous outcomes that all of you are hoping for. 

Might just prove you wrong. 

11 hours ago, Bob20 said:

I've spoken to a few hotel receptionists

I chatted up a really cute one, and asked for her #..and she gave it to me!!!!..............it was Zero. :)

8 hours ago, PapayaBokBok said:

I chatted up a really cute one, and asked for her #..and she gave it to me!!!!..............it was Zero. :)

Sounds like the same one my friend and I picked up for a 9pm to 4am  threesome last week as none of us had much else to do. 🤣🤣🤣

16 hours ago, Leeshard said:

Sounds like the same one my friend and I picked up for a 9pm to 4am  threesome last week as none of us had much else to do. 🤣🤣🤣

Careful as what seems like a 10 at 2, may turn out to be a a 2 at 10   :)