News Forum - Thailand’s reopening divided into 4 phases

Thaiger

Thailand is looking toward the future as the Centre for Covid-19 Situation Administration announced yesterday its plan to gradually reopen the country. The CCSA’s plan consists of 4 phases that take into consideration tourism revenue, geography, and Covid preventive measures. Pilot phase: October 1 to October 31. Phuket, Surat Thani, including Koh Samui, Koh Pha-ngan and Koh Tao islands. Phang Nga, including Khao Lak coastal area and Koh Yao island. Krabi, including Koh Phi Phi and Koh Ngai islands, Railay, Khlong Muang and Tub Kaak beaches. Also included in the Pilot Phase are the Phuket and Samui Sandbox programmes that […]

The post Thailand’s reopening divided into 4 phases appeared first on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

• Phase 1: November 1 to 30 

1. Bangkok, 

2. Prachuap Khiri Khan, including Hua Hin and Nong Kae subdistricts. Phetchaburi, including the Cha-am district.

3. Chonburi, including Pattaya City, Jomtien and Bang Saray subdistricts. Ranong, including Koh Phayam.

4. Chiang Mai, including Muang, Mae Rim, Mae Taeng and Doi Tao districts.Loei, including the Chiang Khan district. Buriram, including the Muang district.

1. 2. 3. = Huge area with basically no borders for miles. What could go wrong here? Everything.

4. for CM. This is basically wide open and everywhere for CM. This is going to be a guaranteed disaster.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, HolyCowCm said:

1. Bangkok, 

2. Prachuap Khiri Khan, including Hua Hin and Nong Kae subdistricts. Phetchaburi, including the Cha-am district.

3. Chonburi, including Pattaya City, Jomtien and Bang Saray subdistricts. Ranong, including Koh Phayam.

4. Chiang Mai, including Muang, Mae Rim, Mae Taeng and Doi Tao districts.Loei, including the Chiang Khan district. Buriram, including the Muang district.

1. 2. 3. = Huge area with basically no borders for miles. What could go wrong here? Everything.

4. for CM. This is basically wide open and everywhere for CM. This is going to be a guaranteed disaster.

It will probably be postponed yet again. I went to look at several vaccination sites in CM yesterday and all were closed. It looks like those 29.000 doses from last week were really all they sent. That's very odd if they are swimming in it, if you believe their numbers.

But with low vaccination levels and only Sinovac as the first jab and many not receiving a second one, it's just plain irresponsible to even talk about opening up.

I didn't think a government would behave this way, but I'm coming around to believing that they know they won't consent to opening until next year, but just postpone a few weeks at a time to avoid paying help-packages.

7 minutes ago, Bob20 said:

It will probably be postponed yet again. I went to look at several vaccination sites in CM yesterday and all were closed. It looks like those 29.000 doses from last week were really all they sent. That's very odd if they are swimming in it, if you believe their numbers.

But with low vaccination levels and only Sinovac as the first jab and many not receiving a second one, it's just plain irresponsible to even talk about opening up.

I didn't think a government would behave this way, but I'm coming around to believing that they know they won't consent to opening until next year, but just postpone a few weeks at a time to avoid paying help-packages.

Unfortunately I really think they might just pull the idiocy trigger and go through with it on this one unless there is a big public brouhaha outcry against it. Then the Governor will say oops as he will be responsible and not the big morons.

20 minutes ago, HolyCowCm said:

Unfortunately I really think they might just pull the idiocy trigger and go through with it on this one unless there is a big public brouhaha outcry against it. Then the Governor will say oops as he will be responsible and not the big morons.

I think that resistance is there already. There are more out-of-towners but very few places open. I've spoken to a few hotel receptionists and they've been told to be extremely selective by their bosses and are not keen to have many guests. Not only for the infection risk to themselves, but also for the extra costs of preparing rooms with extra measures and lack of staff as they're not immediately taking on the numbers required.

I think it'll be postponed again. But what I really hope is that they set a realistic target date according to vaccination level so that people have clarity and that they help the ones most in need until then.

46 minutes ago, HolyCowCm said:

1. Bangkok, 

4 Phase, but instead of 1, 2, 3, 4 it's 1, 2, 3 plus a pilot phase that's already started.

... and what comes first - opening, vaccine roll outs, or tourists?

... and Chiang Mai seems to be getting the cold shoulder while everywhere else including Loei (my province) is jabbing away in the local vaccination centres, including school students today - something I support as long as it's voluntary as the kids desperately need to get back to school, but the plan's completely wrong as school children are arch super-spreaders so they'll be protected, not showing symptoms but happily spreading the virus if any have it, while their parents and families are nearly all unvaccinated and unprotected.

It's all about keeping up appearances - Mrs Bucket strikes again.

32 minutes ago, Bob20 said:

I think that resistance is there already. There are more out-of-towners but very few places open. I've spoken to a few hotel receptionists and they've been told to be extremely selective by their bosses and are not keen to have many guests. Not only for the infection risk to themselves, but also for the extra costs of preparing rooms with extra measures and lack of staff as they're not immediately taking on the numbers required.

I think it'll be postponed again. But what I really hope is that they set a realistic target date according to vaccination level so that people have clarity and that they help the ones most in need until then.

I hope so. Just had lunch with my kids and part of the discussion is CMU is now going to reopen 2nd semester November 8th and they require vaccinations. The crap thing is that under the Prayut - Anutin force you to jab what they say, CMU is only as you already probably know offering, or can give the CCP/CP Sinojunk and AZ both for which should be discarded for ones who choose a better jab and have the ability to pay. No one is asking for a free ride like you and I got with the Pfizer, but fairness of having choice needs to be. They are getting quite down on no choices for them through this government. I am now looking at Guam as a closer alternative than the USA as well for them. But at least if they decide to go to the USA they probably can get the J&J one shot to hold them over. Who knows as it is just a complete mess from these bozos regulating from their rear-ends.

4 minutes ago, HolyCowCm said:

I hope so. Just had lunch with my kids and part of the discussion is CMU is now going to reopen 2nd semester November 8th and they require vaccinations. The crap thing is that under the Prayut - Anutin force you to jab what they say, CMU is only as you already probably know offering, or can give the CCP/CP Sinojunk and AZ both for which should be discarded for ones who choose a better jab and have the ability to pay. No one is asking for a free ride like you and I got with the Pfizer, but fairness of having choice needs to be. They are getting quite down on no choices for them through this government. I am now looking at Guam as a closer alternative than the USA as well for them. But at least if they decide to go to the USA they probably can get the J&J one shot to hold them over. Who knows as it is just a complete mess from these bozos regulating from their rear-ends.

They should be using the ATK kits there. Most students huddle around Malin Plaza every evening, 6 to a square meter without mask, eating and drinking same as before Covid. Ang Kaew is the same. I doubt that there are many that haven't caught the virus already and at their age are/were asymptomatic.

49 minutes ago, Stonker said:

4 Phase, but instead of 1, 2, 3, 4 it's 1, 2, 3 plus a pilot phase that's already started.

... and what comes first - opening, vaccine roll outs, or tourists?

... and Chiang Mai seems to be getting the cold shoulder while everywhere else including Loei (my province) is jabbing away in the local vaccination centres, including school students today - something I support as long as it's voluntary as the kids desperately need to get back to school, but the plan's completely wrong as school children are arch super-spreaders so they'll be protected, not showing symptoms but happily spreading the virus if any have it, while their parents and families are nearly all unvaccinated and unprotected.

It's all about keeping up appearances - Mrs Bucket strikes again.

Couldn't agree with you more. But will add the whole country is getting the cold shoulder shaft as being forced to primarily only jab Sinocrap and AZ. I just replied Bob20 about CMU here heading back to open up term 2 Nov 8 and my kids being totally pizzed off and down in spirit because they do not want to be forced to take the CCP/CP junk or AZ. This government and those people are really becoming more despised by the younger generation as the force and do these things. Kids are the ultimate weapon for super spreaders.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, AdvocatusDiaboli said:

Oh yeah    …. Maybe just go and ask the current government!!

Would have been funny if you used a Bada-Bing after that with the hit of a drum cymbal. 

9 minutes ago, Bob20 said:

They should be using the ATK kits there. Most students huddle around Malin Plaza every evening, 6 to a square meter without mask, eating and drinking same as before Covid. Ang Kaew is the same. I doubt that there are many that haven't caught the virus already and at their age are/were asymptomatic.

Still has no bearing that they are all going to be forced to jab the CCP/CP and AZ stuff as now the Pfizer will go to 12-17 year olds because AZ is not ok for under 18. don't figure.

11 minutes ago, Griff1315 said:

News Forum - Thailand’s reopening divided into 4 phases

1. Opening

2. Closed

3. Opening 

4. Closed

easy as that....🤪🤪🤪

and coming soon to you and your family and friends at your home, one of everyone's favorite tourist destinations-

image.jpeg.d11257c4ee5b883d0006b79f378be752.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Just now, HolyCowCm said:

Still has no bearing that they are all going to be forced to jab the CCP/CP and AZ stuff as now the Pfizer will go to 12-17 year olds because AZ is not ok for under 18. don't figure.

But really ATK's would help, as my guess is that many will test positive. And they won't need to be vaccinated yet. By the time they are due for a jab, there will be more choice as the government has now announced that after delivery of the current orders, they will not buy more Sinovac.

1 minute ago, Bob20 said:

But really ATK's would help, as my guess is that many will test positive. And they won't need to be vaccinated yet. By the time they are due for a jab, there will be more choice as the government has now announced that after delivery of the current orders, they will not buy more Sinovac.

Let's hope. But if positive what comes to them and the family after that?

They should allow Rapid Antibody Test kits. But ofcourse not approved here.

2 minutes ago, Bob20 said:

Has China announced Sinovac  to be discontinued, to be replaced with their rip off of western MRNA  vaccines. Special pre order to be tested on Thai citizens...🙁

1 minute ago, HolyCowCm said:

Let's hope. But if positive what comes to them and the family after that?

They should allow Rapid Antibody Test kits. But ofcourse not approved here.

They've bought 8.5m ATK's and use them in Phuket already. Don't see why they can't use them in CM...

And if students are infected and test positive then there is no difference with family and friends. They are just as positive if they don't take the test.

But vaccination can be delayed as it's of no use to them now, and testing their direct contacts will show who else is positive.

That's how you take care of the situation instead of unknowingly closing your eyes and humming.

6 minutes ago, Griff1315 said:

Has China announced Sinovac  to be discontinued, to be replaced with their rip off of western MRNA  vaccines. Special pre order to be tested on Thai citizens...🙁

Not yet. But i did already suggest this morning that the government may do a U-turn on Pfizer if the Chinese mRNA becomes available. For now they can only produce 200m doses annually.

8 minutes ago, Bob20 said:

They've bought 8.5m ATK's and use them in Phuket already. Don't see why they can't use them in CM...

And if students are infected and test positive then there is no difference with family and friends. They are just as positive if they don't take the test.

But vaccination can be delayed as it's of no use to them now, and testing their direct contacts will show who else is positive.

That's how you take care of the situation instead of unknowingly closing your eyes and humming.

Actually these test kits are available in too many places in CM. What would it take to be officially recognized? Have the students buy one each and then all go to school and swab away all together, and then to be safe, take a picture and immediately post to the FB page or over Line app?

1 minute ago, HolyCowCm said:

Actually these test kits are available in too many places in CM. What would it take to be officially recognized? Have the students buy one each and then all go to school and swab away all together, and then to be safe, take a picture and immediately post to the FB page or over Line app?

The government is distributing them free. And 8.5m of them is far more than we need for the areas that they want to open. If they wanted to do it a bit safer.

Unless you want a total disaster, reopening needs to be linked to vaccination numbers. If not, the already stretched hospital system will be overwhelmed! Then you'll wish you had have linked reopening to vaccination numbers. This virus is proving there are no short cuts. 

• Like 1