News Forum - Pattaya mayor confirms Pattaya reopening delayed to November

Thaiger

The Mayor of Pattaya City has officially confirmed the city’s reopening to vaccinated foreign tourists has been delayed to November. The announcement follows a similar one made by the centre for Covid-19 Situation Administration, yesterday. The Pattaya City Mayor Sontaya Khunplomek says many provinces have delayed their reopening from October to November, including Chon Buri, the province Pattaya is situated in. The mayor says the Public Health Department pays attention to the total number of vaccinations when it comes time to make decisions on easing restrictions and reopening provinces. Sontaya adds that because the majority of the provinces that want […]

The post Pattaya mayor confirms Pattaya reopening delayed to November appeared first on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

8 minutes ago, Thaiger said:

delayed to November

And in November, it'll be delayed to December. Better just accept that this "high season" is doomed.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, DoUKnowWhoIAm said:

And in November, it'll be delayed to December.

Rather than a poll, Thaiger should run a non financial sweepstake (no gambling in Thailand) to pick the opening dates of individual Provences. The PM can Kickstart it with October 14th!

1 minute ago, AdvocatusDiaboli said:

Rather than a poll, Thaiger should run a non financial sweepstake (no gambling in Thailand) to pick the opening dates of individual Provences. The PM can Kickstart it with October 14th!

Watch his Benz suddenly get new plates with  ตค 14

4 minutes ago, DoUKnowWhoIAm said:

Watch his Benz suddenly get new plates with  ตค 14

But like Joe Farrari he may have a car for every day of the month, every month of the year! Plenty of new number plates to go around!

2 minutes ago, nikoncam said:

CCSA needs to be disbanded, they don't know s*** when it comes to matters of the economy and well being of it's citizens.

They ain’t there for the economy …. Just like the Bank of Thailand is not there for Public Health.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, AdvocatusDiaboli said:

But like Joe Farrari he may have a car for every day of the month, every month of the year! Plenty of new number plates to go around!

With the frequency theyre flip flopping now, he'd better get a licence plate with a digital display, to catch up with the constant changes.

All the old boys in Pattaya that have been punching WELL above their weight for the past 18 months due to lopsided supply and demand forces existing within the commercial dating sector are jumping for joy.

Heaven forbid they let younger, more handsome gentleman back in the country so they can watch their perfect 10 leave them, thus condemning them to their former life waking up next to veteran barmaids from and assorted, less glamourous battleaxes who they stumble across upon their travels

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, DoUKnowWhoIAm said:

With the frequency theyre flip flopping now, he'd better get a licence plate with a digital display, to catch up with the constant changes.

Oh …. Modern version of the James Bond license plate ….. well done Q!

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Thaiger said:

The Mayor of Pattaya City has officially confirmed the city’s reopening to vaccinated foreign tourists has been delayed to November. The announcement follows a similar one made by the centre for Covid-19 Situation Administration, yesterday. The Pattaya City Mayor Sontaya Khunplomek says many provinces have delayed their reopening from October to November, including Chon Buri, the province Pattaya is situated in. The mayor says the Public Health Department pays attention to the total number of vaccinations when it comes time to make decisions on easing restrictions and reopening provinces. Sontaya adds that because the majority of the provinces that want […]

The post Pattaya mayor confirms Pattaya reopening delayed to November appeared first on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

This article said Pattaya is doing 4,000 vaccinations a day. “WHERE” are they doing these 4,000 vaccinations a day. Bangkok Hospital is doing between 300 to 500 vaccinations, at Central Festival Mall, Bangkok Hospital is the only place I can find online that is doing vaccinations. Somebody is blowing smoke up everybody’s butt.

This article said Pattaya is doing 4,000 vaccinations a day. “WHERE” are they doing these 4,000 vaccinations a day. Bangkok Hospital is doing between 300 to 500 vaccinations, at Central Festival Mall, Bangkok Hospital is the only place I can find online that is doing vaccinations. Somebody is blowing smoke up everybody’s butt.

Just now, AlohaFromThailand said:

This article said Pattaya is doing 4,000 vaccinations a day. “WHERE” are they doing these 4,000 vaccinations a day. Bangkok Hospital is doing between 300 to 500 vaccinations, at Central Festival Mall, Bangkok Hospital is the only place I can find online that is doing vaccinations. Somebody is blowing smoke up everybody’s butt.

Not just there. It's the same in CM.

1 hour ago, 9S_ said:

Will somebody ever think about the girls!?!?

Jimmy Fallon Reaction GIF

what girls? have you been in Pattaya bars before covid? they were girls when i first arrived to Pattaya in 2004

1 minute ago, Jason said:

I'm sounding like a cracked record....reopening has to be linked to the percentage of the population that is double vaccinated. 

Never mind. I've been doing the same for the last 5 weeks. Be prepared to get some flack for it 😉

• Like 1

3 hours ago, AlohaFromThailand said:

And if you get vaccinated in the central festival in Pattaya you have to wait 3 month to get your second shot, thats how they give the dates there. They tell the people to get vaccinated but they not get any earlier dates. If they not have enough vaccines they should shup up their mouth these clowns or organize more vaccines and more walk ins. But to tell the people get fully vaccinated but give them dates for second shot minmum 3 month how should this work. This empty heads cannot think before they open their mouth and not after!

The world health organisation and foreign governments acting on advice from them will decide when thailand will reopen for mass foreign tourism.

What anybody inside thailand says will have little or no effect.

Most international airlines have dramatically cut the size of their long range wide body aircraft fleets.

Nobody knows for sure but the figure of 10 years for long haul traffic to get back to pre pandemic levels has been predicted by quite a few senior aviation executives.

6 hours ago, nikoncam said:

CCSA needs to be disbanded, they don't know s*** when it comes to matters of the economy and well being of it's citizens.

Much as I would like to get back to a fully functioning Pattaya, I don't have a problem with the cautious approach to reopening. Eventually, the economy will recover. The dead won't. 

3 hours ago, Jason said:

I'm sounding like a cracked record....reopening has to be linked to the percentage of the population that is double vaccinated. 

Plus a significant downturn in infection rates.

11 hours ago, DoUKnowWhoIAm said:

And in November, it'll be delayed to December. Better just accept that this "high season" is doomed.

Absolutely, that will happen due to the fact that State of Emergency ends on Nov 30.

11 hours ago, Rip255 said:

All the old boys in Pattaya that have been punching WELL above their weight for the past 18 months due to lopsided supply and demand forces existing within the commercial dating sector are jumping for joy.

Heaven forbid they let younger, more handsome gentleman back in the country so they can watch their perfect 10 leave them, thus condemning them to their former life waking up next to veteran barmaids from and assorted, less glamourous battleaxes who they stumble across upon their travels

Lol.  I'm guessing most of these Pattaya Youtubers fall in this boat as well.

2 minutes ago, ace035 said:

Absolutely, that will happen due to the fact that State of Emergency ends on Nov 30.

12 hours ago, DoUKnowWhoIAm said:

Even if it wasn't delayed, there will be no "high season".

Even before covid that was reduced to a few weeks. And now, even if international arrivals were allowed, Thailand is on so many red-lists that hardly anyone will come.

Better vaccinate first, meanwhile stay safe, and open properly when the population is safe and other countries remove Thailand from their red-list.

Everything else is like Phuket: much risk and misery for very little result.

• Like 3

The Thai have been getting vaccinated at the gov't hospitals for weeks (months) now.

Maybe you should complain to City Hall that you weren't personally informed (in proper Queen's English) and invited to get a Sino jab along with the thousands of locals.

My friends have been getting jabbed for awhile now. Most have had 2 shots (of Sino) already while I have another 4 weeks to wait until I can get my 2nd AZ shot from BHP.