News Forum - Government urged to clarify tourism marketing plan ahead of high season

Thaiger

Following the government’s decision to re-open a further 10 provinces to international visitors from November, tourism operators are calling for a clear plan ahead of high season. Yesterday, the Centre for Covid-19 Situation Administration agreed a number of measures, including reducing curfew hours in the dark red provinces, allowing a number of businesses to re-open, and extending the emergency decree until the end of the month. At the same meeting, it was agreed to reduce quarantine to 7 days for fully vaccinated arrivals from October and to re-open Bangkok and another 9 provinces from November. However, from Friday, tourists will […]

The post Government urged to clarify tourism marketing plan ahead of high season appeared first on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

18 minutes ago, Thaiger said:

Pongsakorn Ketprapakorn from the Tourism Council of Phang Nga says .....

there is currently confusion surrounding the planned re-opening ...

No! Surely not? 😂

Staying on Sukumvit bkk for a few days, forgot about the 9PM curfew, went out had to go back, shops etc closed at 8PM and sois like an eerie ghost town. Hardly an inviting prospect for would be tourists. 😷

Clarify, this sham government couldn't clarify when their next shopping trip will be never mind anything to do with tourism, they don't know, they only pluck ideas from thin air at the last moment and hope something actually works. Do the people of Thailand not realize that the government do not know how to run the country. 

TIT.

• Like 1

News Forum - Government urged to clarify tourism marketing plan ahead of high season

No rush lots of wiggle time left to change their minds 

Emergency Decree extended again.

No change to zoning still 29 deep red zones (Phucket should make it 30)

Curfews and alcohol bans remain 

Fun police running rampant (when not paid to turn a blind eye)

All of the above leads to no ones coming...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Thaiger said:

tourism operators are calling for a clear plan ahead of high season.

Heads, Tails, Heads, Tails, Heads, Tails, Heads, Tails, Heads, Tails, Heads, Tails, …… oh wait ….. Heads, Tails, Heads, Tails, nearly there …… few more days ….. Heads, Tails, Heads, Tails, ……

• Haha 1

thailand could had welcome tourist,but they took the slow boat to china,it be another year,before they catch up with the rest of the world.had they put 60 billion on the table a year ago for 100 mill vaccines it would had been a different scenario.now borrowing trillions just to survive 

The clear plan is ready. Opening in 2022.

Until then:

Smoke and mirrors regarding vaccination doses

Smoke and mirrors regarding infection numbers

Vaccinations as and when available

Delaying opening a few weeks at a time

Avoiding paying economic help as it looks as if opening is imminent

Vaccinating a little more

Here and there a little experiment doomed to fail

More reinstated restrictions to bring down the R-rate a bit for show

The final straw for many businesses that could have survived if they had had clarity

Opening 2022 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Thaiger said:

, tourism operators are calling for a clear plan ahead of high season.

Good luck with that.  These people don't have a clear plan on what is going to happen the day after tomorrow.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, thai3 said:

Staying on Sukumvit bkk for a few days, forgot about the 9PM curfew, went out had to go back, shops etc closed at 8PM and sois like an eerie ghost town. Hardly an inviting prospect for would be tourists. 😷

One of the most surreal experiences of my life was going in to BKK Sukhumvit area back in early 2020 when the pandemic first hit and the country closed down. I travelled in to town on the BTS which was virtually empty. I got off at Nana and wondered around streets that would normally be thronged with people. You could have had a game of football in the middle of Sukhumvit Road. Apart from the odd car or motorbike it was empty. I W alked through Soi 8 and the cut through leading back to Soi 4. It was like something out of a movie set. The odd person walking by. A fruit seller sat in the shade with no customers. All of the bars and restaurants closed. I then made my way to the airport to be greeted with a near empty building. At times it actually felt scary and you got a real sense of just how serious a problem this pandemic was to become. 
If Bangkok or elsewhere resembles anything like those days; especially the bars and restaurants, then I can’t see many people wanting to have a holiday there.  

Ok...forget the marketing campaign....it's a waste of money! Use the money to buy vaccines! People will come, if there publicised stats that the Thais in the place they want to go to are vaccinated. Oh....I mean fully vaccinated. I seen so much "First dose" hype. Forget it! First dose means nothing.

5 minutes ago, Jason said:

Ok...forget the marketing campaign....it's a waste of money! Use the money to buy vaccines! People will come, if there publicised stats that the Thais in the place they want to go to are vaccinated. Oh....I mean fully vaccinated. I seen so much "First dose" hype. Forget it! First dose means nothing.

Errrm.....you need the first dose to qualify for the second. I'm stating the obvious, but I think you missed it. Incredible, but that's what I read. 

4 hours ago, BIGGLES said:

Apparently, the Royal Thai Embassy in Washington DC, is saying that the COE paperwork has been scrapped.

IF true, big step in the right direction. 

Having checked the Thai Embassy website in Washington, it is still showing a requirement for the COE.  So looks very much like duff gen.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, DoUKnowWhoIAm said:

I can clarify for you: in October, there'll be 20 more plans followed by 8 u-turns and 12 flip flops.  

Im sure it it all just a simple thai "misunderstanding" :)

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, BIGGLES said:

Apparently, the Royal Thai Embassy in Washington DC, is saying that the COE paperwork has been scrapped.

IF true, big step in the right direction. 

Link to confirm???

• Like 1

16 hours ago, mr-tom said:

Does this mean that you have to still have to take 3 PCR test's when you arrive, or is it still a money making machine

I can take 3 PCR test but doing quarantine both in thailand (if no sandbox concept) and when going back to home country can be hard.

7 hours ago, PapayaBokBok said:

Link to confirm???

There isn't one.  I've been all over the DC Consular site and they are still requiring CoEs.

I did see a screen shot from a Thai embassy, though, that said CoEs were suspended until further notice, but I don't remember where I saw it.

Still looking.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1