News Forum - Thailand reduces quarantine to 7 days for fully vaccinated arrivals from October

Thaiger

1 minute ago, Jason said:

Thailand can make all the rules they like...and then reduce all the rules they like. The reality is that international tourists will only feel comfortable in coming to Thailand when they have confidence, that Thais are fully vaccinated. The expectation is that foreign tourists are fully vaccinated and have been tested for Covid 19. So it is only reasonable that foreign tourists expect that Thais are fully vaccinated and tested for Covid 19. Would you or anyone travel to another country, if that wasn't the case? There is a fairness in this, that must be respected

I think you may be surprised how many people feel safe after being fully vaccinated and then don't care about others anymore. You see it here on the forum too and I'm sure you'll find tourists who would travel to Thailand, not giving a second thought about picking up the virus and spreading it around.

The main problem for low numbers if tourists is the red-listing. They may come here if they jump through some hoops, but on return they face quarantine and high costs, probably exceeding the number of vacation days they have available.

And the government knows full well that that red-listing isn't lifted anytime soon if the vaccination rate stays low and Covid numbers don't decline. 

But other nations are also unlikely to just take the numbers they're given at face value. Unlike here, they tend to look at other countries too and can see when things are probably not quite as they are presented.

We simply need to show restraint for a little longer vaccinate day and night and then open up big without crazy rules and no restrictions.

4 hours ago, Soidog said:

I'm not having a go Soidog and i'm not a mod so cannot tell members all i can ask is please to stay on topic otherwise we get lost on what were debating. Certain members like to go off Topic as there not interested in the topic.

5 minutes ago, vlad said:
4 hours ago, Soidog said:

I'm not having a go Soidog and i'm not a mod so cannot tell members all i can ask is please to stay on topic otherwise we get lost on what were debating. Certain members like to go off Topic as there not interested in the topic.

Expand  

Totally agree and support your comments so no problem there with me. I just got lulled in to a question on visas. But I agree, topic creep can be a problem👍🏻

11 minutes ago, Soidog said:

Totally agree and support your comments so no problem there with me. I just got lulled in to a question on visas. But I agree, topic creep can be a problem👍🏻

So can topic creeps.

• Haha 2

20 hours ago, dmacarelli said:

Extreme cowardice + timidity + fear, equals economic devastation and a near total sabotage of the tourism industry. 

The only way forward is to ease all restrictions, get rid of that utterly ridiculous COE, get rid of special hotel requirements, and require only  double vaccination, and a covid negative test. Period. Otherwise game over for tourism here, and millions remain out of work long term.

One can only talk about being a man, and being tough, and being strong for so long. When your behavior does not demonstrate that, the people finally realize the leadership is comprised of weak, sniveling, cynical men without any substance, or heart, who are hiding out in ivory towers, guarding their fortunes, with zero interest in helping the nation, or it's people. This sums up Prayuth, Anutin and the rest of their losers to a tee. 

h5axj84inyq0shik_1603616806.jpg

Very harsh.  The role of governement is not to be tough, hard, etc.  the primary role is safeguarding the citizens of the country, be it war, famine, or pandemic.  "Toughing it out" is a bullshit and selfish and an appeasement to greed.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, RWD said:

Very harsh.  The role of governement is not to be tough, hard, etc.  the primary role is safeguarding the citizens of the country, be it war, famine, or pandemic.  "Toughing it out" is a bullshit and selfish and an appeasement to greed.

"economic devastation and a near total sabotage of the tourism industry." = pandemic.   Not  "Extreme cowardice + timidity + fear".  You need to discover empathy and consideration for others in your life mate.

Do the new quarantine rules help guest already in quarantine? I'v been in quarantine 11 days and am vacinated, two negative pcr tests! So would I and other guests be able to leave on oct 1 if the new requirements are meet?

3 hours ago, RWD said:

"economic devastation and a near total sabotage of the tourism industry." = pandemic.   Not  "Extreme cowardice + timidity + fear".  You need to discover empathy and consideration for others in your life mate.

Total nonsense. You could not have devastated the tourism sector more, if you made a deliberate attempt. Consideration for others? What about the millions who are out of work? Covid is the excuse, not the reason.

Unbelievable mismanagement, lack of planning, and a multitude of other factors are the real reasons. Covid is simply a factor. One small factor. 

8FqVDONCFQnCV7gMLdFc 2.jpg

13 hours ago, Mr.Little said:

Do the new quarantine rules help guest already in quarantine? I'v been in quarantine 11 days and am vacinated, two negative pcr tests! So would I and other guests be able to leave on oct 1 if the new requirements are meet?

You are very excited to arrive early for 2 weeks of quarantine

6 hours ago, Spice61 said:

Spice61

if I have paid for my SHA Hotel for 14 days & all my tests over 14 days?

what happens now when I arrive on 1st of October?

Refunds?

regards Spice61

Refund in Thailand?

🤣🤣🤣 I've run out of tissues again!🤣🤣🤣

16 hours ago, dmacarelli said:

Total nonsense. You could not have devastated the tourism sector more, if you made a deliberate attempt. Consideration for others? What about the millions who are out of work? Covid is the excuse, not the reason.

Unbelievable mismanagement, lack of planning, and a multitude of other factors are the real reasons. Covid is simply a factor. One small factor. 

Agreed. Mismanagement of the situation, not only in Thailand but in many countries including many western countries has resulted in more deaths and/or unnecessary economic damage. 

11 hours ago, Spice61 said:

Spice61

if I have paid for my SHA Hotel for 14 days & all my tests over 14 days?

what happens now when I arrive on 1st of October?

Refunds?

regards Spice61

I think it will depend very much on the hotel and how you paid for it. If it’s an international hotel chain such as Accor, you may get a refund. Equally if you paid it on a credit card the card company may assist you. If it’s a Thai owned hotel and you paid cash or with a debit card, then I suspect you may have a challenge on your hands? 

Good luck. 

19 hours ago, dmacarelli said:

You have a chidish understanding of the purpose and how governement works.  Have to always appoint blame, and support your conspiracy tendencies to out-dated photography.  Covid is not "Simply" a factor"  Your thought processes are so slanted as being anti-government you are thinking backwards.  The most relevant recognition  and acceptance of last century - "SHIT HAPPENS"!  So I accept your existence.  I accept your absence of empathy for real-life.  I will not accept your politicisation of a natural phenomenon being a symptom of all governments working in concert to detsry their hopitality industries and jobs.  Get a grip mate - before you fall off the edge of your world.  

On 9/27/2021 at 3:50 PM, TheDirtyDurian said:

It's a step in the right direction.....

Still don't think there will be many tourist takers though.

I'm sure that the unelected PM said the country was opening up on the 1st Oct, but again he also said that there would be no coup and no floods, surely this guy's nose is a lot longer than when he and his Junta stole the country in 2014. :classic_ohmy:

19 hours ago, dmacarelli said:

And how many pandemics have you leaded your country through?  Covid is not a small factor.  Be real

No living person has ever dealt with a pandemic before, no hospital, no health administration, no business, no government.

But all the armchair quarterbacks think they could have handled things better. 

Opinions are like a$$holes, everyone has them

Peace

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, RWD said:

You have a chidish understanding of the purpose and how governement works.  Have to always appoint blame, and support your conspiracy tendencies to out-dated photography.  Covid is not "Simply" a factor"  Your thought processes are so slanted as being anti-government you are thinking backwards.  The most relevant recognition  and acceptance of last century - "SHIT HAPPENS"!  So I accept your existence.  I accept your absence of empathy for real-life.  I will not accept your politicisation of a natural phenomenon being a symptom of all governments working in concert to detsry their hopitality industries and jobs.  Get a grip mate - before you fall off the edge of your world.  

I never said anything about all countries. I do believe Thailand has a deliberate "purification agenda". It is unique. Other nations are not trying to sabotage their nightlife. Thailand is. Yes, I blame the government here. Give them a free pass. That is surely what they are hoping for. 

4 hours ago, ExpatPattaya said:

And how many pandemics have you leaded your country through?  Covid is not a small factor.  Be real

No living person has ever dealt with a pandemic before, no hospital, no health administration, no business, no government.

But all the armchair quarterbacks think they could have handled things better. 

Opinions are like a$$holes, everyone has them

Peace

Total BS. You honestly think the Thai authorities could not have handled the vaccination effort better? If so, you are one of the few people in this country who feel that way. You honestly think the highly selective nature of the shutdowns did not lead to a massively higher number of cases than would have happened, if the shutdown was real, and uniformly applied? And do you honestly think that if the army was used to protect the Burmese and Malaysian borders, instead of highly corrupt immigration officials, making a fortune by charging admission fees to infected people, the numbers would not have been ALOT lower?

Also known as the “Asian flu,” this strain of H2N2 was an avian flu that killed nearly 2 million people globally, including 60,000 to 70,000 in the United States. By the time this pandemic hit in the 1950s, a global response was possible with the creation of the World Health Organization and the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.

In the 1960s, the U.S. surgeon general began recommending people in high-risk groups and over the age of 65 receive an annual flu vaccination. Those precautions were in place for the 1968 flu pandemic. The CDC estimates 100,000 people in the United States, and 1 million worldwide, died from the H3N2 strain. 

The first influenza pandemic of the 21st century occurred in 2009–2010 and was caused by an influenza A(H1N1) virus. It was the first pandemic for which many Member States had developed comprehensive pandemic plans describing the public health measures to be taken, aimed at reducing illness and fatalities. For the first time, pandemic vaccine was developed, produced and deployed in multiple countries during the first year of the pandemic. While most cases of pandemic H1N1 were mild, globally it is estimated that the 2009 pandemic caused between 100,000–400,000 deaths in the first year alone. Children and young adults were disproportionately affected in comparison to seasonal influenza, which causes severe disease mainly in the elderly, persons with chronic conditions and pregnant women.

https://www.euro.who.int/en/health-topics/communicable-diseases/influenza/pandemic-influenza/past-pandemics

https://www.johnsoncitypress.com/living/a-history-of-pandemics-in-the-past-100-years/article_2e8b4c2f-dbe2-5c15-b3f2-a52be6925a5c.html

Edited by dmacarelli

20 hours ago, dmacarelli said:

Total BS. You honestly think the Thai authorities could not have handled the vaccination effort better? If so, you are one of the few people in this country who feel that way. You honestly think the highly selective nature of the shutdowns did not lead to a massively higher number of cases than would have happened, if the shutdown was real, and uniformly applied? And do you honestly think that if the army was used to protect the Burmese and Malaysian borders, instead of highly corrupt immigration officials, making a fortune by charging admission fees to infected people, the numbers would not have been ALOT lower?

Also known as the “Asian flu,” this strain of H2N2 was an avian flu that killed nearly 2 million people globally, including 60,000 to 70,000 in the United States. By the time this pandemic hit in the 1950s, a global response was possible with the creation of the World Health Organization and the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.

In the 1960s, the U.S. surgeon general began recommending people in high-risk groups and over the age of 65 receive an annual flu vaccination. Those precautions were in place for the 1968 flu pandemic. The CDC estimates 100,000 people in the United States, and 1 million worldwide, died from the H3N2 strain. 

The first influenza pandemic of the 21st century occurred in 2009–2010 and was caused by an influenza A(H1N1) virus. It was the first pandemic for which many Member States had developed comprehensive pandemic plans describing the public health measures to be taken, aimed at reducing illness and fatalities. For the first time, pandemic vaccine was developed, produced and deployed in multiple countries during the first year of the pandemic. While most cases of pandemic H1N1 were mild, globally it is estimated that the 2009 pandemic caused between 100,000–400,000 deaths in the first year alone. Children and young adults were disproportionately affected in comparison to seasonal influenza, which causes severe disease mainly in the elderly, persons with chronic conditions and pregnant women.

https://www.euro.who.int/en/health-topics/communicable-diseases/influenza/pandemic-influenza/past-pandemics

https://www.johnsoncitypress.com/living/a-history-of-pandemics-in-the-past-100-years/article_2e8b4c2f-dbe2-5c15-b3f2-a52be6925a5c.html

You really are an alarmist personified.  You deny other opinion and use hyperbole, urban myth and google "facts" to support your position as a person of significant local knowledge and importance.  You need to stop criticising the people of Thailand.  Even if you live here, you are still a guest.  If you cannot understand this simple courtesy you should piss off to anywhere else.  If you don't live here, you cannot qualify as anyone with local knowledge or understanding of Thai society, custom and empathy so stop using this forum for your diatribes.

On 9/30/2021 at 7:33 AM, NoshowJones said:

I'm sure that the unelected PM said the country was opening up on the 1st Oct, but again he also said that there would be no coup and no floods, surely this guy's nose is a lot longer than when he and his Junta stole the country in 2014. :classic_ohmy:

But if Prayut or others had not acted when they did the Shinawatra dynasty would have promulgated yet another couple of leaders all deigning to the Thaksin philosophy of ME!  Don't forget Thaksin's original political party was Thai Ruk Thai.  (Thai Love Thai), or abbreviated as "TRT".  A somewhat non PC slogan even for those times, perhaps better translated as "Thaksin Loves Thaksin".

6 hours ago, RWD said:

You really are an alarmist personified.  You deny other opinion and use hyperbole, urban myth and google "facts" to support your position as a person of significant local knowledge and importance.  You need to stop criticising the people of Thailand.  Even if you live here, you are still a guest.  If you cannot understand this simple courtesy you should piss off to anywhere else.  If you don't live here, you cannot qualify as anyone with local knowledge or understanding of Thai society, custom and empathy so stop using this forum for your diatribes.

I rarely criticize the people of Thailand. I love them. It is the authorities who are the target of my wrath. That is a huge distinction. Now, if you are doing PR work for the authorities, and getting a nice paycheck out of that, I understand your defense of them. Otherwise?

6 hours ago, RWD said:

But if Prayut or others had not acted when they did the Shinawatra dynasty would have promulgated yet another couple of leaders all deigning to the Thaksin philosophy of ME!  Don't forget Thaksin's original political party was Thai Ruk Thai.  (Thai Love Thai), or abbreviated as "TRT".  A somewhat non PC slogan even for those times, perhaps better translated as "Thaksin Loves Thaksin".

All Thai political parties go with the same moto:"first Thais".
And maybe Taksin "collected" money like the others, but there was one small difference: he cared for the poorer regions in the North and North-East. Maybe it was with the intention of getting their votes, but there he is better seen than other politicians (certainly compared to the one in charge now).

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Alavan said:

All Thai political parties go with the same moto:"first Thais".
And maybe Taksin "collected" money like the others, but there was one small difference: he cared for the poorer regions in the North and North-East. Maybe it was with the intention of getting their votes, but there he is better seen than other politicians (certainly compared to the one in charge now).

like it or not Thaksin ran the Country better than this shower. He had Phuket cleared of water the next day after the Tsunami so tourists and aid could be flown in. Can't see Peanut doing anything like this at speed.

• Like 1