News Forum - Thailand reduces quarantine to 7 days for fully vaccinated arrivals from October

Thaiger

The Centre for Covid-19 Situation Administration has approved a reduction in mandatory quarantine for vaccinated arrivals from Friday. Fully vaccinated travellers will now face quarantine of 7 days instead of 14. Unvaccinated arrivals, or those who cannot prove their vaccination status, will still be subject to a longer quarantine period of between 10 and 14 days. The CCSA also agreed to extend the emergency decree to the end of November and to reduce the night-time curfew currently in operation in Bangkok and other dark red provinces. According to a Thai PBS World report, the curfew will now run from 10pm […]

The post Thailand reduces quarantine to 7 days for fully vaccinated arrivals from October appeared first on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

There has got to be a reason for these government idiots to still insist on quarantine for fully vaccinated people who test negative  at least three times.  But then in all probability it’s all about further gouging tourist with “special” over priced accommodations  and testing.    Probably  to subsidized their own underfunded medical infrastructure.

• Like 11

46 minutes ago, TheDirtyDurian said:

It's a step in the right direction.....

Still don't think there will be many tourist takers though.

But TAT will imagine there are

55 minutes ago, TheDirtyDurian said:

sure quarantaine means nobody comes

• Like 4

Simple question 

Who's coming

Curfews still in place (all be it reduced by 1hour).

Bars clubs and pretty much all adult entertainment remains closed.

No alcohol to be had in restaurants.

What a fun place Thailand has become.

• Like 14

14 minutes ago, AlexPTY said:

gyms? private swimming pools? i guess beauty salons are much safer than chlorinated water

It’s the communal changing rooms they worry about 

16 minutes ago, Griff1315 said:

Simple question 

Who's coming

Curfews still in place (all be it reduced by 1hour).

Bars clubs and pretty much all adult entertainment remains closed.

No alcohol to be had in restaurants.

What a fun place Thailand has become.

don't forget, onlyfans is also banned as well as dressing as a sexy police officer 🤣🤣🤣

• Haha 4

Nice but pretty meaningless in the larger picture. Tourists are not going to willing quarantine if they can just entire though Phuket or wait till November 1 and not quarantine at all. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, TheDirtyDurian said:

My immediate reaction to the news. To be honest, I’d take the 14 days in Phuket if I just had to prove a preflight PCR and an antigen test on day 3-5. No COE. No additional Covid insurance and no forced hospitalisation if I test positive (self isolation in hotel is sufficient) and no more multiple PCR tests….

• Like 9

18 minutes ago, nikoncam said:

don't forget, onlyfans is also banned as well as dressing as a sexy police officer 🤣🤣🤣

Thailand's fun police powered by concerned citizens and Red Bull...🤣🤣🤣

A positive step. But too little, too late. The tourism industry here is essentially finished. History. Epic sabotage causes monumental damage. Long term.

There will be a small number who show up in the coming years. Possibly as many as 5 million a year, by 2026. Possibly. You guys did this to yourselves. 

• Like 6
  • Haha 1

37 minutes ago, Benroon said:

Hang on this is already out of date - I’m told the government have announced NO quarantine for double jabbed from November 1st

I must have missed that? Where does it say No Quarantine from November 1st? 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Cozi said:

Great timing, I finish my 14 days on Thursday. The article states "those who arrive from Friday" what about the poor bastards in quarantine at day 7+

Think yourself lucky that you were able to contribute to the revenue of pals of the government whose hotel you were quarantining 

Europe+US+Canada = 1 billion people who can travel without local quarantine to:
1) central america + caribbean with 2 does of vaccine, most countries do not require pre-flight or post-arrival tests
2) zanzibar, mauritius, dubai, seychelles, maldives with 2 doses of vaccine + pre-flight (40eu in EU) and post-arrival tests (25$ in Zanzibar)
after this you are free to do whatever you want to 

if someone really expects these people spending Xmas/NYE in Thailand and get CoE, covid insurance, 7+7 sandbox, 3 post-arrival tests for 250$, quarantine risk, SHA+ hotels, sealed routes, no beer...well good luck with that

• Like 14
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Soidog said:

I must have missed that? Where does it say No Quarantine from November 1st? 

This current updated news is available presently. 

Google or even Google Thai will be a friend.

Problem is the COE bureaucracy and the mandatory covid insurance. It's just too much to arrange for the average tourist who would like to go to a nice hotel for 14 days and fly home. The 7 days "guarantee" won't be the problem; most tourists stay in a hotel anyways. Also, the expensive tests that needs to be paid upfront isn't attractive as well as the idea of going to a field hospital in case you get covid during your holiday. Then not being able to have some fun in the evenings because everything is closed also doesn’t help. 

• Like 5

1 hour ago, BJoe said:

There has got to be a reason for these government idiots to still insist on quarantine for fully vaccinated people who test negative  at least three times.  But then in all probability it’s all about further gouging tourist with “special” over priced accommodations  and testing.    Probably  to subsidized their own underfunded medical infrastructure.

The accommodations aren't really overpriced. The testing definitely is - and the cost of the "food" you get in quarantine seems a little bit over the top, but generally speaking I'd say that SHA+ hotels are NOT overpriced and some ASQ hotels are too expensive, but that's just because they include the cost of food and testing.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, pdk said:

if someone really expects these people spending Xmas/NYE in Thailand and get CoE, covid insurance, 7+7 sandbox, 3 post-arrival tests for 250$, quarantine risk, SHA+ hotels, sealed routes, no beer...well good luck with that

Agreed. You don’t even have to have a basic education to understand this.

I still can’t decide if it’s ignorance, fear or arrogance which is driving the policy decisions. It’s certainly not science. I suspect it’s a combination of all three but I worry it’s mainly arrogance. Thais have totally convinced themselves that they have the best holiday product in the entire world. That people are literally queuing to get in (look for yourself at Suvarnabhumi immigration).  They have failed to see what their selling points are. As someone who wants to return to Thailand for more reasons than a holiday, any easing is good news. But it’s still not enough for me at this stage. 

• Like 5

25 minutes ago, dmacarelli said:

A positive step. But too little, too late. The tourism industry here is essentially finished. History. Epic sabotage causes monumental damage. Long term.

There will be a small number who show up in the coming years. Possibly as many as 5 million a year, by 2026. Possibly. You guys did this to yourselves. 

Never underestimate the spending power of the sexpest ! 😉

• Haha 2