News Forum - Thailand reduces quarantine to 7 days for fully vaccinated arrivals from October

Thaiger

5 hours ago, JohninDubin said:

All I  need to read now, is about the bars reopening and I will have to remember where I left my plastic. 

I doubt it only if Thailand reaches its herd immunity of at least 70% vaccination rate from what I read today. They will open up all the entertainment/nightlife venues. But the thing is if there's more COVID-19 cases after all the bars are opened, it may go back to square one & Thailand will be close again for a very longer period of time.

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, ace035 said:

I doubt it only if Thailand reaches its herd immunity of at least 70% vaccination rate from what I read today. They will open up all the entertainment/nightlife venues. But the thing is if there's more COVID-19 cases after all the bars are opened, it may go back to square one & Thailand will be close again for a very longer period of time.

The 70% herd immunity is old thinking. With the delta variant it needs to be 85% fully vaccinated. And that should be 85% of the ENTIRE population. Almost impossible to achieve. I think they will start to open bars and nightlife once they have vaccinated 70-75% of people. For a month or so things will be ok and then problems will rise slowly. Then there will be a major outbreak which they will say they have contained.  Then they will realise they haven’t and a much wider shut down of nightlife will take place. Unless you have a reason to holiday in Thailand then don’t bother. If, dare I say, you are looking to party and enjoy the adult entertainment on offer in Thailand, then I’d suggest forgetting it until at least June 2022 or later. Sorry but I think that’s the reality of the situation. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Benroon said:

Many many, you'll get a drink in more places in 94 than you won't including the road that connects 88 and 94, big bars down there all open. Soi 80 has numerous bars you'll get a drink - they'll be no bright lights but you'll get a beer (and 'company' if you wish). And you can openly get one up the steps toward the temple in Kao Tao where the police will watch you from the other side of the beach, then there's a bar going out of 88 that serves openly (with all lights on) and out of bottles, these off the top of my head but new ones are spotted by mates all the time. Just don't act obviously or play pool or start making a racket and you'll get a beer. Only price to pay is usually you have to drink out of the thermal cups.

Also in 112 you'll get a drink - I think that's enough for now. 

Thanks for all the information 

A concerned citizen will pass it all on to the RTP......🤣

As if they don't know already...😉

25 minutes ago, Griff1315 said:

Thanks for all the information 

A concerned citizen will pass it all on to the RTP......🤣

As if they don't know already...😉

oh they know alright - infact one of the 'big' bars I mentioned was closed in spectacular fashion BIB all over it (apparently grassed up by the neighbour bar) - but within 48 hours it was open again (presumably once contractual obligations had been met 😉)

but yeah thats why I was careful not to name anyone - the poor sods have to make a living!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, ace035 said:

Too late for that.

As of this morning, there's an official documented announcement to open from Nov 1 thru January * 4-phase BS. And to be expected, terribly vague with little details of extended news/info.

21 minutes ago, GMoney2312 said:

So fully vaccinated AND a negative test on arrival- then 7 days? Yeah, that sounds so logical.

No apparently not 7 days anymore (in the 9 dark red provinces) 🙈

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, mickkotlarski said:

Exactly. Who wants a 10 day trip with 7 of them in solitary confinement?

Could they maybe toss in daily massage girls?  That so much to ask?

• Like 1

15 hours ago, BJoe said:

There has got to be a reason for these government idiots to still insist on quarantine for fully vaccinated people who test negative  at least three times.  But then in all probability it’s all about further gouging tourist with “special” over priced accommodations  and testing.    Probably  to subsidized their own underfunded medical infrastructure.

I imagine the reason has something to do with the huge Chinese tourism sector and their propensity for en-mass transportations, plus the fact they will mostly be vaccinnated solely with Sinovac (Not especially effective against current virulent strains of the virus).

2 hours ago, mickkotlarski said:

Exactly. Who wants a 10 day trip with 7 of them in solitary confinement?

There are sandboxes without quarantines. There will be more of them starting on November 1, many more starting on December 1 and even more starting on January 1.

So what are you talking about?

BTW: Even under ALQ/ASQ regulations you are free to book a villa with private pool and garden, where you are free to walk around like you want.

What I'd be most interested in and as yet haven't found, is with quarantine being reduced to 7 days if fully vaccinated, how many Pre-paid RT-PCR COVID 19 tests will be required after entry.

15 minutes ago, Michael0510 said:

There are sandboxes without quarantines. There will be more of them starting on November 1, many more starting on December 1 and even more starting on January 1.

So what are you talking about?

BTW: Even under ALQ/ASQ regulations you are free to book a villa with private pool and garden, where you are free to walk around like you want.

I guess that makes for a great diving trip/bar hop/motorbike trip/canoeing safari. Why do all of that when you can wander around a hotel garden?

Read the article. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, RWD said:

I imagine the reason has something to do with the huge Chinese tourism sector and their propensity for en-mass transportations, plus the fact they will mostly be vaccinnated solely with Sinovac (Not especially effective against current virulent strains of the virus).

Fertile imagination. No-one can travel anywhere without a three week self-distancing on return to China, and there's no sign of a relaxation yet.

Extreme cowardice + timidity + fear, equals economic devastation and a near total sabotage of the tourism industry. 

The only way forward is to ease all restrictions, get rid of that utterly ridiculous COE, get rid of special hotel requirements, and require only  double vaccination, and a covid negative test. Period. Otherwise game over for tourism here, and millions remain out of work long term.

One can only talk about being a man, and being tough, and being strong for so long. When your behavior does not demonstrate that, the people finally realize the leadership is comprised of weak, sniveling, cynical men without any substance, or heart, who are hiding out in ivory towers, guarding their fortunes, with zero interest in helping the nation, or it's people. This sums up Prayuth, Anutin and the rest of their losers to a tee. 

h5axj84inyq0shik_1603616806.jpg

Edited by dmacarelli
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, dmacarelli said:

Extreme cowardice + timidity + fear, equals economic devastation and a near total sabotage of the tourism industry. 

The only way forward is to ease all restrictions, get rid of that utterly ridiculous COE, get rid of special hotel requirements, and require only  double vaccination, and a covid negative test. Period. Otherwise game over for tourism here, and millions remain out of work long term.

One can only talk about being a man, and being tough, and being strong for so long. When your behavior does not demonstrate that, the people finally realize the leadership is comprised of weak, sniveling, cynical men without any substance, or heart, who are hiding out in ivory towers, guarding their fortunes, with zero interest in helping the nation, or it's people. This sums up Prayuth, Anutin and the rest of their losers to a tee. 

The most damaging thing for an economy is uncertainty, of which theyve managed to take to quite extreme levels.

• Thanks 1

All they have to do is vaccinate. Once 70=80 % Innoculated open up like most western country's have done. Except the risk of getting Covid your not likely to be Hospitalized. The Thai PM thinks he will Eradicate Covid. It cannot be Totally Eradicated so get use to it. Invest beg or steal the best vaccine to save your Country from total Collapse. Or as I suspect is the PM holding out for the Elections next year so he can buy the top Vaccine for votes.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, vlad said:

All they have to do is vaccinate. Once 70=80 % Innoculated open up like most western country's have done. Except the risk of getting Covid your not likely to be Hospitalized. The Thai PM thinks he will Eradicate Covid. It cannot be Totally Eradicated so get use to it. Invest beg or steal the best vaccine to save your Country from total Collapse. Or as I suspect is the PM holding out for the Elections next year so he can buy the top Vaccine for votes.

Agreed. But as written in other posts, it is inconsistent with the number of vaccine doses that are supposedly arriving, that totally insignificant and insufficient numbers are distributed to areas that they want to open up.

If they really have millions of doses arriving to make 152.9m+ this year, then why do they ration the vaccines for these areas that will open up early? They should be prioritising them!

So either they already know that they will postpone again anyway. Or the number of procured vaccines that they claim is wrong.

Or, and that's just a wild guess, after 19 months and numerous other countries' experiences, here they still have no clue what they're doing...

1 hour ago, Bob20 said:

Agreed. But as written in other posts, it is inconsistent with the number of vaccine doses that are supposedly arriving, that totally insignificant and insufficient numbers are distributed to areas that they want to open up.

If they really have millions of doses arriving to make 152.9m+ this year, then why do they ration the vaccines for these areas that will open up early? They should be prioritising them!

So either they already know that they will postpone again anyway. Or the number of procured vaccines that they claim is wrong.

Or, and that's just a wild guess, after 19 months and numerous other countries' experiences, here they still have no clue what they're doing...

Do you have the latest daily vaccination rates @Bob20? Last Friday they hailed a 1.8M I think it was, and a few people posted comments about how quickly they could hit the 85% vaccine threshold if they were hitting 800,000 a day. I can find it but being lazy so thought I’d ask 😉

17 minutes ago, Soidog said:

Do you have the latest daily vaccination rates @Bob20? Last Friday they hailed a 1.8M I think it was, and a few people posted comments about how quickly they could hit the 85% vaccine threshold if they were hitting 800,000 a day. I can find it but being lazy so thought I’d ask 😉

This really is too funny.

https://thethaiger.com/talk/topic/5749-news-forum-record-breaking-1-million-covid-19-vaccines-given-yesterday/?do=findComment&comment=68479

This morning the government claimed it was 1.6m and now you mention 1.8m. I wasn't far off when I said it'll be 2m soon!

I'd also mention that in PM's I heard that scores of appointments were cancelled last week and that on Friday it was mayhem and Saturday all jab-locations were closed again. So the notion that now 1m are jabbed every day is highly unlikely. Here in CM I drove to several jab-locations yesterday and all were closed too.

So, the figures from Friday are all over the place, and if they did 1m, that's likely only so because they pulled everything from last week together on the day.

7 minutes ago, Bob20 said:

This really is too funny.

https://thethaiger.com/talk/topic/5749-news-forum-record-breaking-1-million-covid-19-vaccines-given-yesterday/?do=findComment&comment=68479

This morning the government claimed it was 1.6m and now you mention 1.8m. I wasn't far off when I said it'll be 2m soon!

I'd also mention that in PM's I heard that scores if appointments were cancelled last week and that on Friday it was mayhem and Saturday all jab-locatjonsbwere closed again. So the notion that now 1m are jabbed every day is highly unlikely. Here in CM I drove to several jab-locations yesterday and all were closed too.

So, the figures from Friday are all over the place, and it they did 1m, that's likely it because they pulled everything from last week together on the day.

I think I must have imagined the 1.8M 🙃. So pretty much as expected then. Ta

Thailand can make all the rules they like...and then reduce all the rules they like. The reality is that international tourists will only feel comfortable in coming to Thailand when they have confidence, that Thais are fully vaccinated. The expectation is that foreign tourists are fully vaccinated and have been tested for Covid 19. So it is only reasonable that foreign tourists expect that Thais are fully vaccinated and tested for Covid 19. Would you or anyone travel to another country, if that wasn't the case? There is a fairness in this, that must be respected

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1