News Forum - Thailand reduces quarantine to 7 days for fully vaccinated arrivals from October

Thaiger

So Thai people can go to movie theaters, but if dirty vaccinated farangs want to fly into BKK, then they must be locked in their rooms for 7 nights. Unless they arrive after 18:00, then they must be locked up for 8 nights.

Do the idiots in charge really expect farangs with money to apply for 10 year visas and put up with this lunacy? I qualify for the retirement 10 year plan but count me out. 

Dirty vaccinated farangs were not the cause of this latest Covid wave. Anyone remember the Myanmar club - Thong Lo connection? Or the seafood market? Or the endless stream of illegal border crossers that keep coming because they are promised employment? The entire claim of needing to vaccinate 70% of the people (with inferior vaccines) before the country is opened to vaccinated people is a farce. Unfortunately many on this forum assisted the idiots in charge by parroting the story.

7 minutes ago, Yinn said:

Better start it slowly because world still have covid. Not have enough hospital place if too many. 

I think it 100% successful, no tourist die right? Cozi will be safe.

I truly hope he is safe but we will have to disagree if you think the Sandbox has been successful.

3 hours ago, MrStretch said:

"Bars and nightclubs must remain closed until further notice."

FFS, it's about time these fundamental Muslims let the restaurants, at least, serve alcohol with food.

Just about every restaurant I know is currently serving alcohol with or without meals, it’s just in a cooler as opposed to the bottle - most bars are open too. Just walk past slowly and ask if you can get a beer, 99% will say yes. 

3 hours ago, Faz said:

Only in 9 regions as I read it.

Yes to be fair the article is all over the place, second paragraph says extended to end November, third paragraph says open FROM November, and now all of it has been undermined by the no quarantine announcement anyway. So many misleading articles. 

35 minutes ago, JerseyBKK said:

No Quarantine = Sandbox.

That could be correct, considering the Thai Embassy stating:

"These hotels are not quarantine hotels. You can still leave your room to travel in Phuket and designated area."

18 minutes ago, Benroon said:

most bars are open too. Just walk past slowly and ask if you can get a beer, 99% will say yes. 

where is this? 

maybe one police owned bar with the door slightly open here in Hua Hin.

everything else locked up. lights out nobody home. 

That was a heck of a good news, so the only question is, after Nov 1st, do we still have to quarantine for 7 days if I am fully vaccinated? I ask this because I don't want to get trick upon arrival at the airport then screw me later in the long run. Bars closure not an issue for reopening.

15 minutes ago, Benroon said:

Yes to be fair the article is all over the place, second paragraph says extended to end November, third paragraph says open FROM November, and now all of it has been undermined by the no quarantine announcement anyway. So many misleading articles. 

State of emergency extended until end of Nov.

Reduction of Q for those Vaccinated to 7 days from Oct 1st.

No Q for those vaccinated in the 10 regions opening up on the 1st of Nov.

Typical Thai logic.

Have vaccinated tourists in quarantine for 7 days while the majority of the unvaccinated Thai population roams around free.

No one wonder no one is showing up.

6 hours ago, Rain said:

And a lifting of require quarantine for vaccinated folks as of 1 Nov.

I doubt it, but it's not true when the time comes, "This is Thailand" always keep changing on a daily basis.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Benroon said:

Poczekaj, jest to już nieaktualne - powiedziano mi, że rząd ogłosił ŻADNĄ kwarantannę dla podwójnych ciosów od 1 listopada

9 more regions will open on November 1, but not without quarantine. You will simply be able to fly to Bangkok for a 7-day quarantine, just like in Phuket. Until October 31, at BKK, you are locked in the hotel throughout the entire quarantine period. From November, you will be able to travel around Bangkok without any problems.

2 minutes ago, JohninDubin said:

A little off topic, but in the same article:

The task force also approved a plan to procure a combined 3.35 million doses of COVID-19 vaccines, although no delivery timeframe was provided.

Pending Cabinet approval, Thailand will seek to buy 2.79 million doses of the Pfizer (PFE.N) and BioNTech (22UAy.DE) vaccines and 165,000 AstraZeneca (AZN.L) shots from Spain and 400,000 AstraZeneca doses sourced from Hungary, a spokesperson said.

152.9m doses still to arrive until 31/12 already confirmed, plus 1m donation Pfizer US, plus 300.000 donated AZ Japan, Some doses used as 5*20%, plus whatever more is donated, and now even more pending approval? 

What's next, drinking it?

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Bob20 said:

A little off topic, but in the same article:

The task force also approved a plan to procure a combined 3.35 million doses of COVID-19 vaccines, although no delivery timeframe was provided.

Pending Cabinet approval, Thailand will seek to buy 2.79 million doses of the Pfizer (PFE.N) and BioNTech (22UAy.DE) vaccines and 165,000 AstraZeneca (AZN.L) shots from Spain and 400,000 AstraZeneca doses sourced from Hungary, a spokesperson said.

152.9m doses still to arrive until 31/12 already confirmed, plus 1m donation Pfizer US, plus 300.000 donated AZ Japan, Some doses used as 5*20%, plus whatever more is donated, and now even more pending approval? 

What's next, drinking it?

It appears that there has been a lot of Sino wasted.

8 minutes ago, JohninDubin said:

It appears that there has been a lot of Sino wasted.

That's a contradiction in terms, you can't waste enough of it...

...what happened? Someone dropped a pallet? Is that why they ordered 18m more? 12m this month and 6m in October...

National Newsbureau of Thailand 4 September 2021: Dr. Sophon indicated that 12 million doses of Sinovac will arrive within the month followed by another 6 million doses in October

• Haha 1

The caveat at the end of the coverage of the Bangkok Post: "The changes need formal approval from the cabinet."

And, as always, remember that the Sandboxes are the definition of "open without quarantine".

Still to many hoops for your tourists im already paying holiday and health Insurence so why should i cough up for Covid Insurence, and why should i have to be made to cough up for PCR test's when i can show proof im fully vaxxed ? so for me Thailand needs less restrictions to entice Tourist's.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, JerseyBKK said:

The entire claim of needing to vaccinate 70% of the people (with inferior vaccines) before the country is opened to vaccinated people is a farce. Unfortunately many on this forum assisted the idiots in charge by parroting the story.

They did, did they.? Well this needs sorting out PDQ, look I am not without influence around here so name some names and we'll get started. 

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, NCC1701A said:

where is this? 

maybe one police owned bar with the door slightly open here in Hua Hin.

everything else locked up. lights out nobody home. 

Many many, you'll get a drink in more places in 94 than you won't including the road that connects 88 and 94, big bars down there all open. Soi 80 has numerous bars you'll get a drink - they'll be no bright lights but you'll get a beer (and 'company' if you wish). And you can openly get one up the steps toward the temple in Kao Tao where the police will watch you from the other side of the beach, then there's a bar going out of 88 that serves openly (with all lights on) and out of bottles, these off the top of my head but new ones are spotted by mates all the time. Just don't act obviously or play pool or start making a racket and you'll get a beer. Only price to pay is usually you have to drink out of the thermal cups.

Also in 112 you'll get a drink - I think that's enough for now. 

3 hours ago, Trilo said:

9 more regions will open on November 1, but not without quarantine. You will simply be able to fly to Bangkok for a 7-day quarantine, just like in Phuket. Until October 31, at BKK, you are locked in the hotel throughout the entire quarantine period. From November, you will be able to travel around Bangkok without any problems.

How on earth has the post you responded to from me been translated to Polish ???? 

3 hours ago, Trilo said:

It doesn't say that at all - I've read what you wrote numerous times and can't understand how you've come to that conclusion

• Like 1