News Forum - Thailand reduces quarantine to 7 days for fully vaccinated arrivals from October

Thaiger

4 minutes ago, mnan said:

its a start at least 

i am coming to see my girlfriend in january would be nice not to have to do quarantine then 

If it's abolished by then, no need to tell her. Just claim you have to stay in the room together 14 days and nights 🤭

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, Benroon said:

Hang on this is already out of date - I’m told the government have announced NO quarantine for double jabbed from November 1st

Only in 9 regions as I read it.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Faz said:

Only in 9 regions as I read it.

So...how might they know where the perspective visitor is going outside of the special regions? What if they have other destinations in mind?

Khon Kaen, Mae Sot, Udon, Chai Nat, etc. ????

Unless each non-applying province is setting up their own system of quarantine. 

Which, of course, contradicts the general mandate of free entry and no quarantine for those vaccinated. 

Thainess.

"Bars and nightclubs must remain closed until further notice."

FFS, it's about time these fundamental Muslims let the restaurants, at least, serve alcohol with food.

• Like 6

8 minutes ago, Rain said:

So...how might they know where the perspective visitor is going outside of the special regions? What if they have other destinations in mind?

Coloured wristbands  🙄

https://www.reuters.com/world/asia-pacific/thailand-further-ease-coronavirus-restrictions-2021-09-27/

BANGKOK, Sept 27 (Reuters) - Thailand will waive its mandatory quarantine requirement in Bangkok and nine regions from Nov. 1 to vaccinated arrivals, authorities said on Monday, as the country tries to boost its immunisation rate and revive its battered tourism sector.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Cozi said:

Great timing, I finish my 14 days on Thursday. The article states "those who arrive from Friday" what about the poor bastards in quarantine at day 7+

Buy a lottery ticket mate. Your luck has to turn round at some point.

10 minutes ago, Faz said:

Thailand will waive its mandatory quarantine requirement in Bangkok and nine regions from Nov. 1 to vaccinated arrivals,

And could put a wager (if I wasn’t in Thailand) that from that date they will stop COVID19 testing. You wouldn’t want to frighten the tourists, or worse the locals with increases of numbers when self isolation and masks etc are relaxed.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Faz said:

Coloured wristbands  🙄

https://www.reuters.com/world/asia-pacific/thailand-further-ease-coronavirus-restrictions-2021-09-27/

BANGKOK, Sept 27 (Reuters) - Thailand will waive its mandatory quarantine requirement in Bangkok and nine regions from Nov. 1 to vaccinated arrivals, authorities said on Monday, as the country tries to boost its immunisation rate and revive its battered tourism sector.

Still doesn't explain any limitations [or not] to anywhere else....or how they might handle such situations.

Still utterly unacceptable. Vaccinated tourists should have NO quarantine and NO testing! We were all promised by all governments that the miracle vaccine was the key to a return of normality. Clearly we were not told the truth!

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Thaired said:

Still utterly unacceptable. Vaccinated tourists should have NO quarantine and NO testing! We were all promised by all governments that the miracle vaccine was the key to a return of normality. Clearly we were not told the truth!

The Government told you a lie? How dare they! 

• Haha 3

6 minutes ago, Thaired said:

Suckers....

😇

Bangkok and nine regions from Nov. 1 to vaccinated arrivals, authorities said on Monday, as the country tries to boost its immunisation rate and revive its battered tourism sector.

The regions include popular tourist areas Chiang Mai, Phangnga, Krabi, Hua Hin, Pattaya, and Cha-am, and follow the successful reopening of Phuket and Samui islands to vaccinated people in pilot schemes since July.

Successful reopening of Samui and Phucket, that's a laugh.

As for the rest its impossible to police the opening of 9 districts while keeping the rest of the  country closed.

On the other hand might not be so difficult because 

No one is coming

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Thaired said:

There is a miracle vaccine? Which Government claimed it?

Meanwhile  "House Rules" apply .

1 hour ago, Rain said:

Still doesn't explain any limitations [or not] to anywhere else....or how they might handle such situations.

My guess is you'll have to download a location App.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Benroon said:

It’s the communal changing rooms they worry about 

Really? We don't have changing rooms, it's a condo for God sakes. And BTW, we are paying for those facilities since... Always 

1 hour ago, Poolie said:

The Government told you a lie? How dare they! 

It was no lie. What was said is correct. Once the majority have been vaccinated then life will be normal. Trouble is not enough people in Thailand have been vaccinated. When they are Im sure life there will return to normal. Just need to sit tight another 3-6 months.  

1 minute ago, Yinn said:

Cozi 

And 30,000 other. 

Welcome to Thailand Cozi. 

30,000 in 3 months

Majority of them people with property, family and or business here not true tourists.

Drop in a very big empty ocean of tourism.

4 hours ago, Soidog said:

I must have missed that? Where does it say No Quarantine from November 1st? 

No Quarantine = Sandbox.

I'm surprised the poster you were replying to hasn't figured out Thai Gov doublespeak.

Just like: "TAT official announcement" really means "TAT official announcement du jour". And the du jour part is being generous because it might mean this hour's official announcement.

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Griff1315 said:

30,000 in 3 months

Majority of them people with property, family and or business here not true tourists.

Drop in a very big empty ocean of tourism.

Better start it slowly because world still have covid. Not have enough hospital place if too many. 

I think it 100% successful, no tourist die right? Cozi will be safe.

• Like 1