News Forum - Curfew shortened, Bangkok spas, gyms, cinemas can re-open from October

Thaiger

The Centre for Covid-19 Situation Administration has approved the re-opening of 10 business types in Bangkok and other dark red provinces. According to a Coconuts report, from Friday, spas, cinemas, and indoor gyms can re-open, along with pre-schools, museums, and tattoo parlours. The news is not so good for the owners of bars and clubs, which must still remain closed by law. Coconuts reports that the re-opening of the following 10 business types has just been confirmed at the CCSA’s afternoon meeting today. The businesses have been shut for several months as a result of Thailand’s most severe Covid-19 wave. […]

The post Curfew shortened, Bangkok spas, gyms, cinemas can re-open from October appeared first on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

So, perfectly timed for the James Bond release, I can now go to Bangkok, visit the cinema for the matinee or early evening showing, cough all over the other film-goers and claim it's "No time to die" (yet) as there will be an incubation period...

• Haha 4

Just now, Artemis080 said:

Yup, you can go and rub shoulders with sweaty people in a gym, sit in a busy cinema, go to a sports area event, but have a drink in a bar - nope. 

Maybe they should introduce "handgel cocktails"? Fingerlickin' good!

12 minutes ago, Artemis080 said:

Yup, you can go and rub shoulders with sweaty people in a gym, sit in a busy cinema, go to a sports area event, but have a drink in a bar - nope. 

Personally, I hope tighter alcohol regulations are part of the new Covid-Normal.

Best thing that could happen to society would be for significantly less alcohol consumption in public settings. 

These depressed alcoholics you see drinking shirtless at seedy bars are an eyesore and damage the country's reputation. Better to discourage that type of foreigner and bring tourists who know how to enjoy themselves without frequenting seedy bars. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Rip255 said:

These depressed alcoholics you see drinking shirtless at seedy bars are an eyesore and damage the country's reputation. Better to discourage that type of foreigner and bring tourists who know how to enjoy themselves without frequenting seedy bars. 

Oi! i resemble that remark!

• Haha 1

54 minutes ago, DoUKnowWhoIAm said:

Pre-schools allowed to open...I wonder what rules will come with that. Daily covid testing? 

It's ok as the Covid cannot enter their body as it is forbidden to do kids not in 1rst grade yet.. So no worry for the mom and dad and grandpa and grandam, brothers, sisters, cousins and then whom ever they come into contact with going down the line. Are they trying to have everybody get infected so it cancels it out that way?

So what could possibly go wrong?

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Rip255 said:

Personally, I hope tighter alcohol regulations are part of the new Covid-Normal.

Best thing that could happen to society would be for significantly less alcohol consumption in public settings. 

You for real? More Thai drink than foreigners, and no shirt in seedy bars? Is this a takes one who has frequented bars to know one?, because unless on the beach in some certain area, that just isn't real. Now, if you talk about CM there is a foreigner guy who sits outside with no shirt on openly drinking in the easily seen daytime who sometimes urinates in the open. So that is a bit much as he at least could wait until the nightfall, and then I see no problem with that. And what is your definition of a seedy bar? Has girls? This is just not relevant to why the others are allowed to open and bars are not. Nothing to do with Covid if you ask me. My personal opinion is it is way too soon to open the flood gates until everyone is of the majority and jabbed with 2 good vaccine shots. This is for the overall safety for all people, not diatribe about foreigners who like to drink in pubs or bars.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Rip255 said:

Hey now! Many many Thais say hansum farang! 🤣

2 hours ago, Artemis080 said:

You frequently read they want to rid Thailand of the seedy image which they associate with bars so they’re clearly, to me, taking this opportunity to smash another nail in the bars coffin! 

2 hours ago, Rip255 said:

Come on own up - what was the name of the little minx that fleeced you - you sound very bitter! 

• Haha 4

3 minutes ago, Benroon said:

You frequently read they want to rid Thailand of the seedy image which they associate with bars so they’re clearly, to me, taking this opportunity to smash another nail in the bars coffin! 

Don't you think that as soon as bars open and customers return, it won't take long for the girls to return either?

If they really wanted to stop the seedy image, they could have simply enforced what is illegal already...

Keep the bars closed 

Encourage the Fun Police to arrest anyone found having any resemblance of fun.

See how many come even the TAT won't be able make it look good.

Edited by Faz
unnecessary image removed

15 minutes ago, Griff1315 said:

Keep the bars closed 

Encourage the Fun Police to arrest anyone found having any resemblance of fun.

See how many come even the TAT won't be able make it look good.

Hold on, did I miss something?

I've seen TAT make silly and far too positive predictions.

But I missed what they actually made look good...

Edited by Faz
removed image

14 minutes ago, Bob20 said:

Don't you think that as soon as bars open and customers return, it won't take long for the girls to return either?

If they really wanted to stop the seedy image, they could have simply enforced what is illegal already...

I don’t think they have the sheer manpower that would be required to be honest or willing boots on the ground so no I don’t think it’s feasible to stop it so they’re trying to stop the source (the punters) by stealth. 

4 hours ago, Rip255 said:

Reputation of Thailand? You are joking? The incompetent Clowns, corruption, empty heads ,coups, torture etc etc brought Thailand a good reputation? I guess these bar sitting guys are not able to bring Thailand a bad reputation this job is done. By the way I am not the one who sits in bars if you are guessing that but if sombody talking about the reputation and thinks about some guys who wanna drink a beer could bring a bad reputation and not what else happen in Thailand must be clown, too. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Rip255 said:

These depressed alcoholics you see drinking shirtless at seedy bars are an eyesore and damage the country's reputation.

As opposed to the depressed alcoholics drinking shirtless in just about every town and village throughout Thailand? I guess they are normally lay flat in a hammock rather than in a bar. 

I think on the list of things that damage the countries reputation, drunken shirtless foreigners drinking is way way down the list….

• Like 2

14 hours ago, Rip255 said:

Oh yes, my dear chap, certainly agree with you.

What Thailand needs, is a better class of foreigner. You know the sort, Cigar smoking, claret swilling type.

Tally Ho...!!

• Haha 1

16 hours ago, Rip255 said:

I have lived in Bangkok, Pattaya and up in the Nakhon and never seen a shirtless farang drinking anywhere. A nasty, inaccurate generalisation. 

Please name a few, or even one, of these seedy bars where you have seen shirtless drinkers. 

You do very rarely see shirtless people about and in my experience they are most likely to be Russians. 

"Depressed alcoholics", "shirtless", "seedy bars", every tired worn out cliche in the book. Where exactly have you ever been.? Clacton.?

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Rip255 said:

I want to party with you Cowboy 555

17 hours ago, HolyCowCm said:

So what could possibly go wrong?

Exactly. After all everything's under control and everyone's fully vaccinated ... everyone that matters, anyway.

15 hours ago, panhunger said:

Unbelievable they won't open schools. The least at risk impacted the most. 

Schools are due to open in November, hopefully once the students who want to have  been fully vaccinated with Pfizer.

One of the few things they've got right this year, although like everything else it's long overdue.