More realistic foreign Tourism Authorities

Bob20

Just read that the Dutch equivalent of TAT has announced tourism to have fallen a further 25% this year compared to an already disastrous 2020.

And that's in a country that has mostly opened up again after a high level of vaccinations with potent vaccines, but finds that foreign tourism is at a low level even after restrictions are lifted.

It further doesn't expect a recovery until 2024.

Apparently not all figures have to be overinflated and clearly unrealistic in the way that TAT does.

Source:

https://www.nu.nl/economie/6159137/dit-jaar-nog-minder-buitenlandse-toeristen-in-nederland-dan-tijdens-coronajaar.html

Why bash TAT all the time? 
if not have covid they success in 40 million tourist 2020. 
Very successful, very good marketing. Successful. Good job, make billions for Thailand economy. India copy with Incredible India.
More successful than Dutch. 

And why you come to Thailand Bob? Because TAT get you right? 
Boring TAT bashing Bob.

Amazing Thailand.

Watch video Bob. You will love it. Sure.

• Like 2

You think every visitor to a restaurant goes there because of an advert in the paper?

You think all smokers smoke because in the past there was advertising?

Please grow up.

TAT is no more than a propaganda agency promoting Thailand. You can't credit them for every visitor. 

And the way they have mispredicted everything for a year and a half is pure incompetence, though you may say it's their job to "promote" regardless of anything.

Suggesting that TAT is why I am here is simply ridiculous. 

You think that if TAT closed tomorrow there would be no more visitors? 🤣

• Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, Bob20 said:

You think every visitor to a restaurant goes there because of an advert in the paper?

You think all smokers smoke because in the past there was advertising?

Please grow up.

TAT is no more than a propaganda agency promoting Thailand. You can't credit them for every visitor. 

And the way they have mispredicted everything for a year and a half is pure incompetence, though you may say it's their job to "promote" regardless of anything.

Suggesting that TAT is why I am here is simply ridiculous. 

You think that if TAT closed tomorrow there would be no more visitors? 🤣

I disagree and feel that TAT job is to promote tourism. As such they do a pretty fair job. Some may view it that they are overly optimistic but that's what sales people due. 

2 minutes ago, LoongFred said:

I disagree and feel that TAT job is to promote tourism. As such they do a pretty fair job. Some may view it that they are overly optimistic but that's what sales people due. 

You're not disagreeing at all. I said that promotion is their job, so their overly optimistic message is what is expected from them.

My problem is with Ying suggesting every visitor comes to Thailand because of TAT, which is obviously nonsense.

• Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, Bob20 said:

You're not disagreeing at all. I said that promotion is their job, so their overly optimistic message is what is expected from them.

My problem is with Ying suggesting every visitor comes to Thailand because of TAT, which is obviously nonsense.

BTW Ying means girl. You could address her as Ying Yinn.  In a general way TAT has influenced why all of us are her. They promote good places to visit and Thai culture.  

I think you are splitting hairs. 

Just now, LoongFred said:

BTW Ying means girl. You could address her as Ying Yinn.  In a general way TAT has influenced why all of us are her. They promote good places to visit and Thai culture.  

Nonsense. I first came here job related. Nothing whatsoever to do with TAT.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Bob20 said:

Whatever you say. I really don't want to waste time splitting hairs, with you. 

2 minutes ago, LoongFred said:

Then feel free to stop. I said 3 messages ago that we basically agree and I don't keep nitpicking, but only reply to your continuing a non-argument.

4 minutes ago, LoongFred said:

If it were up to TAT very few people would come to Thailand given their record over the years. Most people visit/stay either for business or else on the reccommendation of others. Lets face it would you go to a country where the spokesperson tells you one thing one week and the opposite the next and proposes tourist ideas that even a child would laugh at ? Putting these current crop of sycophantic buffons in charge of restoring Thailands credibility as a tourist destination is mind boggling.

2 minutes ago, Rain said:

Aside from all this TAT nonsense, why the insistence toward a comparison with The Dutch? Or anyone else, for that matter....

Perhaps because Dutch caps are more fitting for TAT ? 😉

4 minutes ago, Rain said:

Aside from all this TAT nonsense, why the insistence toward a comparison with The Dutch? Or anyone else, for that matter....

There's no insistence towards the Dutch. It's just an example how you can inform people about the reality instead of throwing out numbers that everyone immediately ridicules for the nonsense they are.

3 hours ago, Bob20 said:

And the way they have mispredicted everything for a year and a half

You predicted everything year and a half to now Bob? 
please send me news for next year and a half. 
Thankyou.

*please watch the video Bob, I know you not watch already.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Bob20 said:

You aren't the first.

16 hours ago, LoongFred said:

Want to split them with me?  The only reason I came to Thailand was for work.

TAT does a great job of showing the beauty and culture of Thailand, but it's no better than say, the Malaysian Tourism Promotion Board.  They show the nice and beautiful in the country.  As progonsticators, the TAT is pitiful.  Any obstacle at all, any...and their prediction abilities go out the window.

The job is to "ra-ra" and promote, which they do...but their other job is also to create programs - in times of trouble, that are workable with a reasonable chance of success, which they don't do well, at all.

We laugh at them because of their obvious mistakes, which we, as foreigners with education and training in critical thinking skills, can easily see.  They don't possess those same skills and Thai tourism merchants are the ones suffering from the incompetence, because they are believed.

• Like 1

TAT has a budget of 7 Billion baht a year according to Wikipedia.  That money should have gone to relief efforts and vaccine procurement starting March 2020.

Tax payers have been funding this part of the government with no means of doing their jobs during Covid.

All should have been on furlough or sent into other government departments where needed

Makes absolutely no sense to have a whole department being paid to promote tourism when borders are closed.... 

Hindsight is 20-20 of course

Peace

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, ExpatPattaya said:

TAT has a budget of 7 Billion baht a year according to Wikipedia.  That money should have gone to relief efforts and vaccine procurement starting March 2020.

Tax payers have been funding this part of the government with no means of doing their jobs during Covid.

All should have been on furlough or sent into other government departments where needed

Makes absolutely no sense to have a whole department being paid to promote tourism when borders are closed.... 

Hindsight is 20-20 of course

Peace

7 billion budget, not bad and never mind covid as I thought most people realised where the budget ends up. Those that attempt to defend yet another utterly corrupt division of this goverment have either got the heads of their backsides or just simply condone their behaviour. If anybody thinks that governance of these bunch of incompetent idiots has changed since this story linked below, then sorry you must be delusional.

https://www.bangkokpost.com/thailand/general/1223440/former-tat-chief-jailed-for-bribery

6 hours ago, gummy said:

7 billion budget, not bad and never mind covid as I thought most people realised where the budget ends up. Those that attempt to defend yet another utterly corrupt division of this goverment have either got the heads of their backsides or just simply condone their behaviour. If anybody thinks that governance of these bunch of incompetent idiots has changed since this story linked below, then sorry you must be delusional.

https://www.bangkokpost.com/thailand/general/1223440/former-tat-chief-jailed-for-bribery

Indeed.

Might we expect anything less from cyclical organised criminals.