Should the unvaccinated be discriminated against when Thailand reopens?

palooka

Just now, Bob20 said:

Again, agreed. But that doesn't stop me from explaining to people why it's the wrong way to go about it.

I'm happy that they're jabbing as fast as they can where you are, but I think you'll find it's now 1*Sinovac+1*AZ as that's supposed to be nationwide policy since about a week.

Here in CM they've changed all the signs to correctly reflect that, even though the locations are all empty as the 29.000 doses we received last week were jabbed in no time. That makes me suspicious about the claims of doses available too...

Elderly lady I took to vax clinic both times for Sinovac. Claimed no AZ. Happy though, took 3 months to get her there.

Its your patriotic duty to get vaccinated. Its to help protect the weak and infirm. Those less strong than you might be.

Or you can choose to believe some baseless conspiracy theory and not get vaccinated.

Up to you. But dont be surprised when society starts to shun you because you are not helping in the fight against covid.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Cool 1

3 minutes ago, palooka said:

Elderly lady I took to vax clinic both times for Sinovac. Claimed no AZ. Happy though, took 3 months to get her there.

Well, great that they gave her the expensive one. Shame that she's still not well protected...

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, palooka said:

Went the long way round eh?

Good effort.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Poolie said:

Went the long way round eh?

Good effort.

Its not easy living out in the sticks.

The water buffalo and cart dont move very fast. Plus you have to stop at every temple to make merit. 

• Like 1

The issue of vaccine discrimination by way of mandates or other means should surely only be an issue for consideration when vaccines have been universally offered to all adults.

Thailand is nowhere near close to that.

Once that point has been reached I think it is reasonable to discriminate between adults on the basis of vaccine status.  As an example I would not allow the unvaccinated on crowded mass transport systems as one of the first steps.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Changnam43 said:

The issue of vaccine discrimination by way of mandates or other means should surely only be an issue for consideration when vaccines have been universally offered to all adults.

Thailand is nowhere near close to that.

Once that point has been reached I think it is reasonable to discriminate between adults on the basis of vaccine status.  As an example I would not allow the unvaccinated on crowded mass transport systems as one of the first steps.

Yup. I would have vaccinated flights and unvaccinated flights. Unvaccinated need to quarantine for 10 days after they arrive.

Vaccinated just need a negative PCR test.

Hey its your choice (for whatever reason) not get vaccinated but like all cults you will need to pay the penalty for your beliefs. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, Rookiescot said:

Yup. I would have vaccinated flights and unvaccinated flights. Unvaccinated need to quarantine for 10 days after they arrive.

But, which airlines are flying at present that have rules in place for having to fly only if vaccinated? It would be interesting for a list. Because at present no airlines in Thailand domestically are flying non-vaccinated people. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, AdvocatusDiaboli said:

But, which airlines are flying at present that have rules in place for having to fly only if vaccinated? It would be interesting for a list. Because at present no airlines in Thailand domestically are flying non-vaccinated people. 

Like I said the unvaccinated should be segregated from the vaccinated. Airlines will move them but because it takes longer to fill the flight they might have to pay a premium. 

22 minutes ago, Rookiescot said:

Vaccinated just need a negative PCR test.

Hey its your choice (for whatever reason) not get vaccinated but like all cults you will need to pay the penalty for your beliefs. 

Many of them do pay a price for their beliefs.  You can see many Go Fund Me for the funerals of the unvaxxed and endless death bed repentance videos by them on You Tube.

I was thinking primarily of internal flights in what I said.  For inward flights from abroad I think it is already reasonable to impose a universal vaccine mandate.

• Like 3

Just now, Changnam43 said:

Many of them do pay a price for their beliefs.  You can see many Go Fund Me for the funerals of the unvaxxed and endless death bed repentance videos by them on You Tube.

I was thinking primarily of internal flights in what I said.  For inward flights from abroad I think it is already reasonable to impose a universal vaccine mandate.

I would have it for domestic flights too.

I dont want me or my kid sitting next to someone who is not vaccinated. It increases the risk of us catching it.

• Like 3

8 hours ago, palooka said:

An outbreak in Provincetown, Massachusetts—in which 74 percent of the 469 cases were in the fully vaccinated—forced the CDC to update its mask guidance and issue a sad and sobering warning: Vaccinated people infected with the SARS-CoV-2 Delta variant can be just as contagious as unvaccinated people.

Extract from the same article from the same author

But there is plenty of research to show that the vaccinated have better outcomes if infected, including quicker recoveries and are less likely to show symptoms needing hospitalisation. The vaxxed have paid their dues in mitigating the disease. What have the unvaxxed done in that regard? 

Let's throw into that mix, that anti-vaxxers are more likely to be anti-maskers too. It seems to me, that the people who are more likely to be part of the problem, than part of the solution, feel they should have the same rights as those who took the opposite view.

• Like 3

55 minutes ago, Griff1315 said:

Should the unvaccinated be discriminated against when Thailand reopens? 

Why not they discriminate about pretty much everything else.

Yes.....of course they do.

45 minutes ago, Rookiescot said:

29 minutes ago, AdvocatusDiaboli said:

16 minutes ago, Changnam43 said:

13 minutes ago, Rookiescot said:

I dont want me or my kid sitting next to someone who is not vaccinated. It increases the risk of us catching it.

7 minutes ago, JohninDubin said:

Let's throw into that mix, that anti-vaxxers are more likely to be anti-maskers too. It seems to me, that the people who are more likely to be part of the problem, than part of the solution, feel they should have the same rights as those who took the opposite view.

Time for First, Business, Premium Economy, Economy and Covid class...

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, AdvocatusDiaboli said:

Cattle class?

No that has subtle connotations that they are somehow animals. Which would be wrong and unfair in my opinion.

Lets call it "Conspiracy class".

The fact they have to sit bellow decks along with the livestock would be purely coincidental. 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Rookiescot said:

No that has subtle connotations that they are somehow animals. Which would be wrong and unfair in my opinion.

But it has been used for years for people flying down the ass end of the plane. In other words the cheap seats.

Just now, AdvocatusDiaboli said:

But it has been used for years for people flying down the ass end of the plane. In other words the cheap seats.

Indeed it has. The best observation I have seen of this was of a couple who were given a free upgrade on a flight I was on from Emirates. The woman stood there looking at us all in cattle class with utter disdain in her eyes before she closed the curtains.

I was in the queue behind her so I know she got the free upgrade.

Low and behold we arrive in Scotland and she is going through immigration telling everyone how she had paid for business class and shouldnt have to wait along with everyone else.

I will not repeat my comments here but suffice to say she was a laughing stock within seconds.

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, AdvocatusDiaboli said:

I would imagine that most, if not all, int'l carriers have this mandated vaccination requirement as a matter of course. I know from personal experience that a number of major Asian airlines have instilled this policy.

14 hours ago, PBS said:

Seems to me more than a few people have forgotten they would be refused entry to some countries if they didn't have certain vaccinations with vaccination certification. Why the current environment should be any different I do not know.

I do recall first time I travelled to SE Asian/Indi I had to have a little booklet with a stamp in it showing I had been aginst yellow fever and small pox, 'cause back then they hadn't invented fridge magnets

11 hours ago, Changnam43 said:

Weird.  Where are all the antivaxxers on this thread telling us about their freedoms and rights?

Stuck at the airport ….. without a ticket 

• Like 2
  • Haha 3