The best places in Thailand to retire

Thaiger

Thailand is a magical place for travellers. And, if you are planning to retire, you can certainly do so in style in the Land of Smiles. If you have retirement funds or will get a pension, this tropical country is definitely something to consider living out the rest of your time on Earth. With exotic locations and delicious food among its features, you can be sure to make your money go further here. Thailand is full of places that are well-known among expats as the best locations in which to retire. Here, we name the top 5. Thailand’s Best Places […]

The post The best places in Thailand to retire appeared first on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

Personally I strongly disagree with this list, a list that only ranks 'tourist places'.

Edited by javada88
  • Like 2

19 minutes ago, Bob20 said:

Yeah, another list! And so early!

I reckon the list they should attach with this one is the 10 best immigration offices in Thailand for retiree’s! Now let’s see what they come up with, and just imagine the discussion we would have!

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, AdvocatusDiaboli said:

I reckon the list they should attach with this one is the 10 best immigration offices in Thailand for retiree’s! Now let’s see what they come up with, and just imagine the discussion we would have!

What's the fun in a top 1 list?

5 minutes ago, Bob20 said:

What's the fun in a top 1 list?

But I’m sure some are more equal than other’s. They may be the ones that don’t have a stationary shop on the premises.

• Haha 1

None of these. They are places all overrun with foreigners.  I'm the only foreigner in my suburban village on the edge of Bangkok, near Nakhon Pathom. And I want to keep it that way.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Metaluna said:

None of these. They are places all overrun with foreigners.  I'm the only foreigner in my suburban village on the edge of Bangkok, near Nakhon Pathom. And I want to keep it that way.

I'm not inferring this has anything to do with you, but your post made me think of this Little Britain sketch of the man insisting he's the only one in the village...

https://youtu.be/bScQcM0tzW4

Just posting it for a good laugh on a grey day.

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

2 hours ago, AdvocatusDiaboli said:

My vote for best Immigration Office is Chiang Mai.   Easy 10 min drive thru 90 day reporting and yearly visa extension is 1 hr ....

I've lived in BKK and really hated going out to Chaeng Wattana for anything.

Jomtien was ok ....

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Metaluna said:

You racist? 

if Yinn say same way the outrage bus be full.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

4 minutes ago, Yinn said:

You racist? 

I was socially distant long before social distancing became fashionable. The last Westerner aside from me moved out of the village during the 2011 flood. Things are peaceful here. Mostly retired people from the Ministry of Education--they seemed to have congregated in this village for some reason. 

1 hour ago, Metaluna said:

I was socially distant long before social distancing became fashionable. The last Westerner aside from me moved out of the village during the 2011 flood. Things are peaceful here. Mostly retired people from the Ministry of Education--they seemed to have congregated in this village for some reason. 

They obviously did their homework.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Yinn said:

You racist? 

And they would be so outraged , they would hire a taxi to take them to their destination 

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Metaluna said:

Good for you. You most likely speak Thai and fit in, unlike the negative complainers found in falang settlements. I have nothing against falangs, but some are nasty grumpy old men that do or see anything positive. Because they can't speak they misunderstand a lot

What a complete waste of time this article is. The five choices were obvious at the outset and the author provides pretty much ZERO useful information about each of these five cliche'd locations. 

Why not write something remotely useful like '5 places to retire in Thailand you may not have thought of' for example? And actually, you know, do some research instead of bashing out this dross 🙄😤

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, DWiener said:

What a complete waste of time this article is. The five choices were obvious at the outset and the author provides pretty much ZERO useful information about each of these five cliche'd locations. 

Why not write something remotely useful like '5 places to retire in Thailand you may not have thought of' for example? And actually, you know, do some research instead of bashing out this dross 🙄😤

Reading it is optional.

8 minutes ago, DWiener said:

You weren't really expecting anything different, were you? 

Consider the source.

1 hour ago, LoongFred said:

Good for you. You most likely speak Thai and fit in, unlike the negative complainers found in falang settlements. I have nothing against falangs, but some are nasty grumpy old men that do or see anything positive. Because they can't speak they misunderstand a lot

I work at the language every day. No complaints about my life, my neighbors, my village. Would be happy to stay here until I die. I would be sick if I had to return to the US. My world is small here and I prefer it that way. The only thing I try to recreate from the US is Tex Mex.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, LoongFred said:

. I have nothing against falangs, but some are nasty grumpy old men that do or see anything positive. Because they can't speak they misunderstand a lot

And male menopause make it worse. 😋

• Haha 1
  • Angry 1

2 hours ago, LoongFred said:

Very common and certainly quite odd, if not a backward behaviour.

They don't like the place or the society - nor do they understand much. 

Want everything to be like their beloved West.

Yet, wanna continue to live here in their negativity and misery - 

I'm all in favour of rounding up these useless types, secretly, and finding themselves mysteriously disappeared. No loss, really.