Amazing Video of Jupiter Visit

MrStretch

The world, the universe, a tidal pool...they all fascinate me and I love it when I can see and learn something new.

Today, there was a story about NASA probe Juno which was launched 10 years ago to study Jupiter and its moons.

Hat's off to the "citizen scientist" Gerald Eichstädt, who stitched together Juno's photos into a time-lapse video.

Amazing...just amazing.

• Like 6
  • Cool 1

37 minutes ago, MrStretch said:

Hat's off to the "citizen scientist" Gerald Eichstädt, who stitched together Juno's photos into a time-lapse video.

Fantastic animation!  

7 minutes ago, MrStretch said:

Not animation...actual pictures.

It's an animation made with actual pictures, not a video -

On June 7, 2021, NASA’s Juno spacecraft flew closer to Jupiter’s ice-encrusted moon Ganymede than any spacecraft in more than two decades. Less than a day later, Juno made its 34th flyby of Jupiter. This animation provides a “starship captain” point of view of each flyby.

I've never thought using real photos would give you an "animation".  I always interpreted animation as drawn.

Point accepted.

12 minutes ago, MrStretch said:

I've never thought using real photos would give you an "animation".  I always interpreted animation as drawn.

Point accepted.

It's hard to accept just how perfectly the still shots can be stitched together like that and I'm sure some cgi trickery helped.