News Forum - 300,000 more AstraZeneca vaccines donated from Japan arrived

Thaiger

In a well-timed shipment, 300,000 doses of AstraZeneca vaccines have arrived in Bangkok today, a donation from Japan. Today is the anniversary of a milestone for Thailand and Japan, as September 26 is the anniversary of the original establishment of diplomatic relations between the two countries. Today marks the 134th anniversary of the relationship between Japan and Thailand, a perfect opportunity for a generous donation from Japan of the AstraZeneca vaccines. This is the third donation the Japanese government has made to help Thailand in its battle against the Covid-19 pandemic. In July, Japanese officials made a massive donation of […]

The post 300,000 more AstraZeneca vaccines donated from Japan arrived appeared first on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

At the beginning of this month, Japan made a second donation of 300,000 vaccines on September 8, along with 775 oxygen concentrators needed to care for severe Covid-19 infections. They also donated equipment to help the cold chain system that keeps vaccines at very low temperatures during storage, transportation, and distribution.

Thankyou so much na ka.

• Like 4

35 minutes ago, Thaiger said:

In a well-timed shipment, 300,000 doses of AstraZeneca vaccines have arrived in Bangkok today, a donation from Japan. Today is the anniversary of a milestone for Thailand and Japan, as September 26 is the anniversary of the original establishment of diplomatic relations between the two countries. Today marks the 134th anniversary of the relationship between Japan and Thailand, a perfect opportunity for a generous donation from Japan of the AstraZeneca vaccines. This is the third donation the Japanese government has made to help Thailand in its battle against the Covid-19 pandemic. In July, Japanese officials made a massive donation of […]

The post 300,000 more AstraZeneca vaccines donated from Japan arrived appeared first on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

It's a magic trick.

300.000 doses donated

On arrival in Thailand, it will be 1.5m doses

But they'll probably send them back to Japan, as the numbers don't correspond on the paperwork 🤣

17 minutes ago, Bob20 said:

It's a magic trick.

Of course it is, they used your magic wand. Instructions provided in brown envelope, so meets all government requirements. All ready to use in experimental process, and 1 dose now equals 5, if used as third dose, or 1 dose equals 10 if used for the 4th dose!

Yes 4th dose is now being given out. 803 people have received a 4th dose! Politicians? Still looking.

1 minute ago, PeterPhuket said:

A big 'Thank you' to Japan. Is this a one-way street, I wonder ?  What is Thailand doing in return, I wonder, for this momentous anniversary ??? 

No doubt it will eventually be used in some false diplomatic exchange. The reality is that Japan has produced copious amounts of  AZ  but has been hindered in administration of them to it's own population due to subservience to ? in favour of ?

I say...Thailand  take em., say thank you, use them ! 

The global interest is in thwarting covid-19 or what?

Ah Thailand, the country run by the military, incompetent MP's and government officials, now having to live off donations of vaccines from other countries and the people are surviving off food donations from anyone who can give.

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, PeterPhuket said:

A big 'Thank you' to Japan. Is this a one-way street, I wonder ?  What is Thailand doing in return, I wonder, for this momentous anniversary ??? 

Thailand is very good at taking but giving is another matter. There will be favours handed out for sure. The US and China are not charity organizations. Japan will follow suit.

2 hours ago, Tea said:

What happened with the Thai produced AZ vaccines from Siam Biosciences? They were supposed to be producing enough for local use and millions of doses for export.

Thailand is always quiet and secretive about its failures and when those failures are connected to "special" people, they are all the more silent and secretive.

Pretend that Siam Biosciences never existed.  It would be better for everyone concerned.

39 minutes ago, AlexPTY said:

obviously, it's easier to import vaccines from Japan, i guess they have same Asian mentality

They may have started the paperwork three months ago and blamed each other twice already before it was shipped...😉

1 hour ago, AlexPTY said:

obviously, it's easier to import vaccines from Japan, i guess they have same Asian mentality

At least someone understood. Maybe I was too subtle. Should have rattled on about 'brown envelopes' and 'hoops.'

6 hours ago, Tea said:

What happened with the Thai produced AZ vaccines from Siam Biosciences? They were supposed to be producing enough for local use and millions of doses for export.

Thailand would need 140 million doses to get everyone vaccinated and a fair percentage of the Siam Bioscience vaccines need to be exported 

I was under the impression that Thailand had license to produce AZ but only for export to other countries. That being the case, time to work out some swap deals with other countries. I know in my own country, doses of certain vaccines were sent to us earlier with an agreement to "pay back" when our supplies that were ordered, come (they will be diverted back to the donor country). 

3 minutes ago, Jason said:

I was under the impression that Thailand had license to produce AZ but only for export to other countries. That being the case, time to work out some swap deals with other countries. I know in my own country, doses of certain vaccines were sent to us earlier with an agreement to "pay back" when our supplies that were ordered, come (they will be diverted back to the donor country). 

No, they produce for the domestic and international market.

19 hours ago, PeterPhuket said:

Lower greenfees for Japanese?