News Forum - US calls meeting with Thai officials to resolve donated vaccines

Thaiger

The saga continues for the additional 1 million Pfizer vaccines that the US donated to Thailand that has been lost in bureaucratic red tape. The United States has now said they will organize a meeting with Thai authorities to discuss the delivery of the donated vaccines. Previously, Minister of Public Health Anutin Charnvirakul denied claims that he had dropped the ball on receiving the vaccines and claimed the US never gave notice through proper channels. Then US Senator Tammy Duckworth was quoted as saying she told Thai authorities a month ago they need to complete the paperwork to receive the […]

The post US calls meeting with Thai officials to resolve donated vaccines appeared first on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

So the US is the bigger person in this case when the ego of Anutin is concerned. So be it, but he and his cronies better not take any credit what-so-ever on any of the vaccines donated to Thailand from the USA. If credit is due it is from Senator Ladda Tammy Duckworth Thai American extraordinaire. She has got bigger gonads than Anutin every thought of having as always been sheltered in silver spoon bubble. And for that matter bigger than Big P as she is a real combat veteran.

• Like 9
  • Haha 1

You have to donate it the Thai way ... hilarious. Apply first, but bring your documents, three copies, all signed. If graciously approved, you've to wai most submissively while jumping on one leg and tapping your head. These people will never learn anything.

• Like 7

Another saga of Thai incompetence being hidden behind a smokescreen of bureaucratic bungling. I do hope that the USA makes it very clear to khun Anutin that it is quite feasible for them to find other less arrogant, less obstructive & more deserving recipients. This mob are simply beyond the pale and need to be put firmly into their place, they are nothing but ungrateful beggars who constantly have thir hands out for donations.

• Like 7

17 minutes ago, Marc said:

You have to donate it the Thai way ... hilarious. Apply first, but bring your documents, three copies, all signed. If graciously approved, you've to wai most submissively while jumping on one leg and tapping your head. These people will never learn anything.

You forgot …. While handing a brown envelope under the table. 

• Like 7
  • Haha 1

Pathetic really, only Thailand could make a donation process complex and over the top, same as every other process in Thailand, 10 copies of each paper all signed so they can be filed in boxes somewhere just waiting to go on fire. 555

• Like 8

I guess much of the language used by the U.S is diplomatic talk for “WTF are you lot talking about?  Do you want the FREE Ef’In vaccines or not?”

In these times of war, you’d think it’s a case of a couple of export/import documents. A batch test by an already identified Thai certified laboratory, and then load the pallet on the plane  

Perhaps some of the delaying tactics is due to awaiting approval from the CCP before they can accept the donation from the U.S….

• Like 9
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Pompies said:

Another saga of Thai incompetence being hidden behind a smokescreen of bureaucratic bungling. I do hope that the USA makes it very clear to khun Anutin that it is quite feasible for them to find other less arrogant, less obstructive & more deserving recipients. This mob are simply beyond the pale and need to be put firmly into their place, they are nothing but ungrateful beggars who constantly have thir hands out for donations.

I would trust that the ever-bungling Thai authorities don't burn their bridges as such applies to millions of donated doses from the U.S. 

4 minutes ago, Transam said:

A bit like folk wanting to come from abroad to help out after the Tsunami...Sorry, we have, red tape, rubber stamps, and reams of A4, FIRST.....😬

It’s ALL about controlling the message for internal consumption. The very last thing the authorities want to show is them accepting “help or charity”, they are just to proud to do that.  They want to control the message and portray the image that this is being done on “Their” terms. 
As the saying goes - The greatest of all fools is the proud fool. 

• Like 3

24 minutes ago, Pompies said:

I would think that they are in the offering competition push against the CCP to stay in a good close friendship running with Thailand.

• Like 1

Just bring the vaccines on a plane along with the documents in English and thai and an ink pad for Anutin to press his thumb on and then onto the paperwork! He's obviously not capable of a signature

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Transam said:

A bit like folk wanting to come from abroad to help out after the Tsunami...Sorry, we have, red tape, rubber stamps, and reams of A4, FIRST.....😬

A friend of mine got caught up in that shit, were some clown here in Phuket insisted they needed a work permit

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Transam said:

This really happened when the tsunami happened, when they saw tourist and expats gave first aid and helped to get rid of all the thrash. They charged them to work without work permit.

This puts a new spin on the phrase "as soon as possible".

If I understand correctly, it has taken a month and a bit of pressure to plan an informative bilateral call for next week.

Have the calls been unilateral up to this point? (If so, I understand: I've been trying to get into contact with myself for ages, but every time the line is busy.)

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Stardust said:

This really happened when the tsunami happened, when they saw tourist and expats gave first aid and helped to get rid of all the thrash. They charged them to work without work permit.

Terrible ... you'd wonder why  examples were never reported ... 😂 😂 😂

4 hours ago, Thaiger said:

claimed the US never gave notice through proper channels

It’s that kind of bureaucracy that keep countries stuck in the middle income trap. At the very least in time of emergency someone cuts through the red tape. You couldn’t make stuff like this up. 

6 minutes ago, Greeneyes said:

The vaccines will be out of date by the time all 20,000 documents and triplicate copies have been signed and rubber stamped. 

cartoon-showing-man-with-lots-of-papers-it-started-out-as-a-simple-EEW66Y.jpg

Do you know you're not supposed to take photographs at immigration?

• Like 1
  • Haha 2