News Forum - Over 50 million vaccine doses administered in Thailand

Thaiger

18 minutes ago, Bob20 said:

AstraZeneca hasn't said anything about this (yet).

They have their clear user instructions according to the results from their research data, but those instructions (mainly the mixing and matching with another vaccine and the period between doses) have been ignored here too. 

These companies will usually not criticise, but simply repeat that their product should only be used as instructed.

Yes thought so with AstraZeneca.. and yes on mixing doses. Also It's a round about way of saying a favourite brand (cough sinocrap) was not any good if they have had to give an AstraZeneca as a booster 2 months after being fully vaxxed.. someone on here said what have thai doctors been famous for..all I can think of is boobs on a man🤣 

Edited by Malc-Thai
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, Thaiger said:

The ministry has obtained 125 million doses for the rest of the year. 

Added to the fifty million already administered that makes 175 million by the end of the year ... plus, presumably, some already in country in stock.

The numbers seem to be ... umm ... fluid.

Just now, Stonker said:

The numbers seem to be ... umm ... fluid.

Only because the Tourism Authority of Thailand is now running the Ministry of Public Health. ……… of course the numbers would be fluid! 

• Haha 2

13 hours ago, Soidog said:

Well it does make you wonder if they know. I assume the depth of the injection is key? Maybe the needles have a bit of electrical tape or some form of depth gauge like on a power drill 😂.

It's a standard / routine type of injection for many vaccines, including MMR, so hardly new to them even if clearly beyond your understanding.

9 hours ago, Bob20 said:

... but those instructions (mainly the mixing and matching with another vaccine and the period between doses) have been ignored here too

True, but to put that in perspective so the mixing and matching has been by every manufacturer while widely approved by many western and other countries and internationally, as has the period between doses which has proved, fortuitously, to be the correct decision as it improves efficacy.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Malc-Thai said:

Yes thought so with AstraZeneca.. and yes on mixing doses. Also It's a round about way of saying a favourite brand (cough sinocrap) was not any good if they have had to give an AstraZeneca as a booster 2 months after being fully vaxxed ...

True, but while I agree with you 100% about both the "trial" and Sinovac, remember that vaccinations started in February so some have been fully vaxxed for six months, and plenty of other countries are giving third dose / booster shots for not only Sinovac but all the other vaccines too.

1 hour ago, Stonker said:

True, but while I agree with you 100% about both the "trial" and Sinovac, remember that vaccinations started in February so some have been fully vaxxed for six months, and plenty of other countries are giving third dose / booster shots for not only Sinovac but all the other vaccines too.

Yes personally that's no problem with boosters after 6 months or more, as the body will drop antibodies.  it can't keep high levels for every sickness you get in your life (blood wouldn't move) that's where B Cells come into play .. it was my supposedly sarcastic approach was to booster after as little as 2 months

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Malc-Thai said:

Yes personally that's no problem with boosters after 6 months or more, as the body will drop antibodies.  it can't keep high levels for every sickness you get in your life (blood wouldn't move) that's where B Cells come into play .. it was my supposedly sarcastic approach was to booster after as little as 2 months

I'm not even sure these should be called 'boosters' for Sinovac - more like a second try, which makes the trial with the 20% / subcutaneous jabs even more mistimed.

• Like 2

59 minutes ago, Stonker said:

I'm not even sure these should be called 'boosters' for Sinovac - more like a second try, which makes the trial with the 20% / subcutaneous jabs even more mistimed.

If you count the Sinovac as zero as I do.  That means these people have 20% of one dose of AZ; incorrect dosage and incorrectly administered.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jason said:

The proof of the number of vaccines will be in the efficacy and in the case numbers.....There is no fudging hospitalisations and deaths. 

Hospitalisations and deaths - probably.

Proof in the case numbers - seriously?