News Forum - Over 50 million vaccine doses administered in Thailand

Thaiger

Over 50 million Covid vaccines have been administered in Thailand after a record-setting 1.4 million doses were administered on Friday, which was set as a goal to commemorate Mahidol day. Of the doses administered on Friday, over half of them represent the first dose for the patients. The remaining doses were a booster shot, says government spokesman Thanakorn Wangboonkongchana. The 1 million goal had been set by the Public Health Minister, Anutin Charnvirakul. The PM thinks the goal of 100 million doses or 50 million people, will be achieved by the end of the year as intended, says Thanakorn. Anutin […]

The post Over 50 million vaccine doses administered in Thailand appeared first on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

1 minute ago, Johno said:

I find this hard to believe as with any government propaganda  and believe the sinovac  vaccine is inferior to other vaccines..

Hard to believe numbers but with only 20% of a dose being used in Phucket the numbers will soon go up.....🤣🤣🤣

7 minutes ago, Bob20 said:

If 20% is now one dose, then surely the previous full 0.5ml syringe counts as five!

So we're actually at 250 million!

Pictures of 5 people queuing to use the same syringe spring to mind...🤣

20 minutes ago, Bob20 said:

If 20% is now one dose, then surely the previous full 0.5ml syringe counts as five!

So we're actually at 250 million!

with the 20% is it needs to done as a full scale trial and not just only choice compulsory option.. I take my hat off to them if it works, BUT until people are blood tested on a regular basis of full booster v 20% and see what the decline in antibodies are over a time line, it shouldn't be compulsory..once everyone is fully vaccinated then why not if this works!  They will only need to buy 20% to cover everyone probaby twice a year or their astrazenica here alone will cover it.. 

Wow headlines now "Thailand hub of 20%"

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Malc-Thai said:

I take my hat off to them if it works,

Only in the sense they have been bold enough or reckless enough to try it (on their own people). They didn’t come up with the idea. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Malc-Thai said:

with the 20% is it needs to done as a full scale trial and not just only choice compulsory option.. I take my hat off to them if it works, BUT until people are blood tested on a regular basis of full booster v 20% and see what the decline in antibodies are over a time line, it shouldn't be compulsory..once everyone is fully vaccinated then why not if this works!  They will only need to buy 20% to cover everyone probaby twice a year or their astrazenica here alone will cover it.. 

I think you may have missed my post from yesterday 😉

https://thethaiger.com/talk/topic/5742-news-forum-phuket-begins-new-subdermal-injection-method-for-vaccines/?do=findComment&comment=68389

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Soidog said:

Only in the sense they have been bold enough or reckless enough to try it (on their own people). They didn’t come up with the idea. 

Definitely Reckless! But as I said it has to be a full scale trial not compulsory

20 minutes ago, Malc-Thai said:

Definitely Reckless! But as I said it has to be a full scale trial not compulsory

Yes I totally agree.  This is an interesting short item published by the BMJ. in the article it states:

The manufacturers advise that the vaccine should not be injected intravascularly, subcutaneously or intradermally.3 Injecting a vaccine into the layer of subcutaneous fat with poor vascularity resulting in slow mobilisation and processing of antigen leading to vaccine failure.4 The antigen may take longer to reach the circulation after being deposited in fat, delaying presentation to T and B cells that are essential for immune response. In addition, there is a risk that the antigens may be denatured by enzymes if they remain subcutaneously for prolonged period. 

https://pmj.bmj.com/content/97/1148/400

• Cool 2

Blah blah blah, it's almost as bad as listening to TAT with all their numbers, next thing is they will announce the special bonuses that they are going to donate to themselves for doing such an outstanding job. 555

TIT.

9 minutes ago, Soidog said:

Yes I totally agree.  This is an interesting short item published by the BMJ. in the article it states:

The manufacturers advise that the vaccine should not be injected intravascularly, subcutaneously or intradermally.3 Injecting a vaccine into the layer of subcutaneous fat with poor vascularity resulting in slow mobilisation and processing of antigen leading to vaccine failure.4 The antigen may take longer to reach the circulation after being deposited in fat, delaying presentation to T and B cells that are essential for immune response. In addition, there is a risk that the antigens may be denatured by enzymes if they remain subcutaneously for prolonged period. 

https://pmj.bmj.com/content/97/1148/400

Thanks for that, @Soidog . . . an excellent pre-dinner read (:-)

I just hope that all those nurses with the needles are aware of which of the 3 injection-types they should be employing. And there was I, thinking that a jab was simply a jab!

20 minutes ago, King Cotton said:

Thanks for that, @Soidog . . . an excellent pre-dinner read (:-)

I just hope that all those nurses with the needles are aware of which of the 3 injection-types they should be employing. And there was I, thinking that a jab was simply a jab!

Well it does make you wonder if they know. I assume the depth of the injection is key? Maybe the needles have a bit of electrical tape or some form of depth gauge like on a power drill 😂. Mind you, the depth of muscle on your average Thai is not as deep as some hairy arsed westerner 😉

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, Soidog said:

Well it does make you wonder if they know. I assume the depth of the injection is key? Maybe the needles have a bit of electrical tape or some form of depth gauge like on a power drill 😂. Mind you, the depth of muscle on your average Thai is not as deep as some hairy arsed westerner 😉

No, she said it'll be okay...

https://images.app.goo.gl/ugVyFpeeUVr9MiaV9

female-doctor-syringe-crazy-young-beautiful-woman-medical-cordless-drill-39373546.jpg

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Griff1315 said:

Hard to believe numbers but with only 20% of a dose being used in Phucket the numbers will soon go up.....🤣🤣🤣

That's only booster jabs, third dose, NOT regular first or second doses.

The policy's questionable, at best, but it's not part of the regular vaccination plan so distorting it doesn't help. 

3 hours ago, Malc-Thai said:

It's not part of the overall vaccination roll-out but boosters only, @Malc-Thai. This is just deliberate fake news by those with a rather sad axe to grind.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Stonker said:

It's not part of the overall vaccination roll-out but boosters only, @Malc-Thai. This is just deliberate fake news by those with a rather sad axe to grind.

Yes fully understand it's only on the booster and 20% .. I personally think it should be a proper trial and not just compulsory.. funny I'm getting my second az on the 4th. I'm going to measure the dosage and needle size/length and a protractor for correct angle.. I'll even pre paint a target on my arm with jab here ! 😄

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Malc-Thai said:

Yes fully understand it's only on the booster and 20% .. I personally think it should be a proper trial and not just compulsory.. funny I'm getting my second az on the 4th. I'm going to measure the dosage and needle size/length and a protractor for correct angle.. I'll even pre paint a target on my arm with jab here ! 😄

Print and glue!

Unknown.jpg

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Malc-Thai said:

I realised you did, but some are trying to give a different impression - as are some on Thai social media.

The lack of trust has, understandably, reached an all time low and the latest trial (don't menton the "e" word) has made things infinitely worse.

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, Malc-Thai said:

Yes fully understand it's only on the booster and 20% ..

But that’s for being used as a 3rd shot ie the booster shot. But what about those now receiving a 4th shot? … 803 of them so far!

10 minutes ago, AdvocatusDiaboli said:

But that’s for being used as a 3rd shot ie the booster shot. But what about those now receiving a 4th shot? … 803 of them so far!

Those 803 for the 4th dose get to share and sniff one vial!

They trialled it yesterday afternoon, it looked like it worked and no adverse effects were reported, so that's scientific enough!

15 minutes ago, AdvocatusDiaboli said:

I really not know of these 803 4th jab ?  only the idiots that have gone out to get as many vaccines as possible I've read about.. again this 20% booster (mainly astrazenica after 2 sinocrap! ) should be under full trial . I'm sure there is no data on the antibody levels over a for example a 6 month period between full Intramuscula and a 20% subcutaneous jab.

anyone know what AstraZeneca have actually said on this topic?

Edited by Malc-Thai
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Malc-Thai said:

I really not know of these 803 4th jab ?  only the idiots that have gone out to get as many vaccines as possible I've read about.. again this 20% booster (mainly astrazenica after 2 sinocrap! ) should be under full trial . I'm sure there is no data on the antibody levels over a for example a 6 month period between full. ntramuscula and a 20% subcutaneous jab.

anyone know what AstraZeneca have actually said on this topic?

AstraZeneca hasn't said anything about this (yet).

They have their clear user instructions according to the results from their research data, but those instructions (mainly the mixing and matching with another vaccine and the period between doses) have been ignored here too. 

These companies will usually not criticise, but simply repeat that their product should only be used as instructed.