News Forum - Facebook page that claims to sell dog meat met with scorn on social media

Thaiger

7 hours ago, whitesnake said:

The whole thing f***ING disgusts me! If you don't like my language then ban me!!

I agree with you at @whitesnake  as we are talking specifically about dog meat in Thailand, we shouldn’t be saying it’s happens with pigs or cows in other countries. The whole dog meat trade in Asia, is as you put it, f***ING disgusting. It’s no way to treat an animal. I’ve seen dogs in cages on pickups in Thailand 15 years ago and that was terrible. I really don’t know what my reaction would be if I saw them bagged up like the picture on this thread. It would be hard not to say something, though that would be dangerous. 

6 hours ago, thai3 said:

But you probably eat cows, sheep, chicken and pigs, that disgusts me. There is no difference between animals, eating mr puppy is just the same as wolfing down a bit of bacon or lamb. To eat animals and then come over all disgusted when somebody is eating another one is just hypocrisy. 

I think there is a difference. If dogs are farmed for meat and held in reasonable conditions prior to human slaughter then fine. But a lot of dog meat trade results in animals, many domesticated, being lifted off the streets and held in unspeakable conditions. There is also a lot of concern around how they dogs are slaughtered. Often being killed by being thrown in to cats of boiling water. Surely humanity is better than that? 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Paco said:

then you should know better

Who are you, the moral arbiter of animals?

The fact that I've been partnered with dogs doesn't mean that I don't understand that other people eat them, just as I know that young farm teens become attached to the animals they've raised, but when it's time, they are shipped to the meatpackers.

Spare me your holier-than-thou attitude.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, MrStretch said:

The fact that I've been partnered with dogs doesn't mean that I don't understand that other people eat them, just as I know that young farm teens become attached to the animals they've raised, but when it's time, they are shipped to the meatpackers.

I am your worst nightmare,

I do not make any difference between animals or people

And spare me your brainless comments ok attitude guy 

9 hours ago, MrStretch said:

If you do not like that I am straight forward in your face then do not quote me... I really could give a rat's  ass buddy... at  least I have a brain... and use it very well and clear.. I just state what I think and I do not need to hear about my attitude... look at your own messed up attitude.. mind your own business DUDE... old boring fart

Edited by Paco

10 minutes ago, Paco said:

If you do not like that I am straight forward in your face then do not quote me... I really could give a rat's  ass buddy... at  least I have a brain... and use it very well and clear.. I just state what I think and I do not need to hear about my attitude... look at your own messed up attitude.. mind your own business DUDE... old boring fart

I'd draw the line at eating a rat's arse (quotation, not my obscenity) I'm afraid, couldn't do it.

• Haha 1