News Forum - Facebook page that claims to sell dog meat met with scorn on social media

Thaiger

A business claiming to sell dog meat on Facebook was met with disapproval on social media this week. Dog lovers, in particular, were not keen on the idea. The Facebook page “Nuea Ma Tae Sakon Nakhon by Wittaya”, or: The real dog meats of Sakon Nakhon by Wittaya was created this week. The page says they have an expansive menu of 300 dog meat products and several grades of meat for sale. The supposedly canine meat retails from 50 baht to 4,000 baht for 200 grams. The page says they have some premium dog meats from abroad that are imported […]

The post Facebook page that claims to sell dog meat met with scorn on social media appeared first on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

Someone is going to wind up with egg on their face.

"The Sakon Nakhon Permanent Secretary Pisit Raethong has also reassured the public that no such business exists."

Yeah, it's really common for pranksters in Thailand to set up fake FB pages, putting in the time and effort needed.

I have always found it disengenuous for carnivores to protest the eating of any animal as long as they eat animals of any kind.  People like Sophia Loren, while I like her movies, is such a hypocrite for eating other animals and animal products, but protests against dogs, simply because humans have domesticated them and keep them as pets.

When you look at the food chain, meat is meat.  Whether you are Indian and don't want to eat your ancester who came back as a cow, you don't want to eat dog because you have one that sleeps on your floor, or your religion is stuck in a period centuries ago when eating pork wasn't healthy...doesn't mean others shouldn't and can't eat those meats.

I don't care for dog, though I've only had it once, but if dog meat is your thing, who am I to tell you not to eat it.  I eat other animals.

My choice. Your choice.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, MrStretch said:

My choice. Your choice.

Not really,it is against the law here.

Other then that,yes i do agree.

Who are we to say what other people can or can not eat.

But then again ….. do people really know what they are eating …… who put the roo in the stew or in Tesco case a few year’s ago who put the horse in the pie!

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, birdman said:

Not really,it is against the law here.

Just like at the moment drinking alcohol in bars and restaurants is illegal here. We know how well that is policed especially on Phuket.

• Haha 1

555  I remember years ago while vacationing in Jomtian a Thai asking me 

in his language  where I live in Thailand! I said   Sakon Nakhon he laughed and asked if, I eat dog  !

There are many villages outside the Mueng that offer it (under the radar) one in particular is a Vietnam community! 

Edited by riclag
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, Paco said:

Yeah why not make any rules and just eat everything we see including humans.. sorry but there are some limits , let me remind you the facts below 

You are talking about the way dogs are being treated

when killed for food.

That is horrible but what if it was regulated and dogs are being farmed and consumed the same way as other farm animals?

Another option is (and it is happening)soi dogs are being consumed now because

a lot of people have not much else to eat.

• Like 3

55 minutes ago, Paco said:

Yeah why not make any rules and just eat everything we see including humans.. sorry but there are some limits , let me remind you the facts below 

Ever been in an abbattoir?  A meat packing plant?  A cattleyard where the animals are held before slaughter?  A pork house?  A factory ship that processes fish?

You see, in your picture, what can happen to dogs.  You don't see what does happen to the animals you do eat, and I promise you, if you did, you'd be even more disgusted.

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, MrStretch said:

Ever been in an abbattoir?  A meat packing plant?  A cattleyard where the animals are held before slaughter?  A pork house?  A factory ship that processes fish?

You see, in your picture, what can happen to dogs.  You don't see what does happen to the animals you do eat, and I promise you, if you did, you'd be even more disgusted.

Yes I know but like I said and you seem to ignore that THERE ARE SOME LIMITS and this is about dogs, so I talk about dogs I did not even mention cats what I have 4 and they do the same to them. Let me guess never had an animal... ppoffff then do not respond... someone that never had an animal have no idea about it at all, you missing the knowledge if having an animal for 15 years.. plain straight forward true.. 

Edited by Paco
  • Like 1

59 minutes ago, birdman said:

You are talking about the way dogs are being treated

when killed for food.

That is horrible but what if it was regulated and dogs are being farmed and consumed the same way as other farm animals?

Another option is (and it is happening)soi dogs are being consumed now because

a lot of people have not much else to eat.

All that responded and I expected that  are people that never had an animal.. correct

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Paco said:

Yes I know but like I said and you seem to ignore that THERE ARE SOME LIMITS and this is about dogs, so I talk about dogs I did not even mention cats what I have 4 and they do the same to them. Let me guess never had an animal... ppoffff then do not respond... someone that never had an animal have no idea about it at all, you missing the knowledge if having an animal for 15 years.. plain straight forward true.. 

I have had animals around me all of my life,born and raised on a farm.

Had to help doing chores and later helped butchering animals.

I know what you are trying to say but you have a very narrow point of view.

In India there are holy cows,ok,their culture no problem.

Jews and Muslims do not eat pork,ok,their culture no problem.

It makes a difference where you were born and into what culture.

I had favorite farm animals and now we have rabbits we will not eat.

The chickens we have are for consumption,both meat and eggs.

IMO if you eat meat and you do not agree with other people eating animals you would never

eat you are some kind of hypocrite.

55 minutes ago, whitesnake said:

The whole thing f***ING disgusts me! If you don't like my language then ban me!!

But you probably eat cows, sheep, chicken and pigs, that disgusts me. There is no difference between animals, eating mr puppy is just the same as wolfing down a bit of bacon or lamb. To eat animals and then come over all disgusted when somebody is eating another one is just hypocrisy. 

8 hours ago, Paco said:

Let me guess never had an animal... ppoffff then do not respond... someone that never had an animal have no idea about it at all, you missing the knowledge if having an animal for 15 years.. plain straight forward true.. 

Plain forward false.  I've had several dogs over the years.

Never a cat, though.  Can't stand the animals.

1 minute ago, MrStretch said:

Plain forward false.  I've had several dogs over the years.

Never a cat, though.  Can't stand the animals.

You've "had" dogs, but not cats? Can't stand them? Do they taste very different? 🤔

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Bob20 said:

You've "had" dogs, but not cats? Can't stand them? Do they taste very different?

Yes. Thirty years ago, I went out for a Chinese dinner one evening with my gf and we ordered a dish that tasted rather strange and I thought the consistency of the meat unusual.

The next day there was a big story in the newspaper about cats disappearing in the neighborhood, collected and served by the Chinese restaurant, which was shut down.

So, while I'm not absolutely sure it was cat, I believe it was.

Can't stand the live ones.

Just now, MrStretch said:

Yes. Thirty years ago, I went out for a Chinese dinner in  one evening with my gf and we ordered a dish that tasted rather strange and I thought the consistency of the meat unusual.

The next day there was a big story in the newspaper about cats disappearing in the neighborhood, collected and served by the Chinese restaurant.

So, while I'm not absolutely sure it was cat, I believe it was.

Can't stand the live ones.

Sounds like you didn't like the cooked ones either 🤣

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Yinn said:

Yes it terrible. Sakhon Nakhon, Mukdahan and Nakhon Panom. 
Have Vietnamese culture.

I go Vietnam before, have street food, with the head! 

Torture the dog because the idiot think it taste better for that. 

Exactly that !

Plenty of unwanted soi dogs and cats about the place and plenty of hungry people about now also.

Seems like a win win situation for the hungry humans to me.

I don't the see the difference between eating "man's best friend allegedly"and a pig or a cow either.

You either eat animals or you don't.

If you are a vegetarian/vegan to complain is fair enough.

Anybody else is being hypocritical.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Paco said:

images (2).jpeg

I think the issue is how animals are treated prior to slaughter. I personally don’t eat red meat from animals like pig, cows or sheep. I do however eat chicken, Turkey and fish. The picture above is clearly atrocious treatment of an animal and hard to imagine how anyone could be so heartless to do such a thing. That said, in Thailand you often see pigs being transported in over crowded vehicles in direct sunlight and most likely without any water. I have no objection to people eating animals, but I do object to cruel treatment prior to slaughter. 

• Like 1