News Forum - Phuket Covid-19: 5 new deaths and 4 new Sandbox infections

Thaiger

In the last 24 hours, the Phuket Sandbox uncovered 4 new infections and 5 people have died of Covid-19 in Phuket, bringing the total this week to 21 deaths. Today brought 225 new infections, and with 2,053 of the 2,418 hospital beds in Phuket full, hospital occupation rates have climbed once again to just under 85% after falling for the last 5 days. The death toll stood at 20 as this month began, and has now reached 69, meaning that there have been nearly 2 and a half as many deaths this month as the combined total from April to […]

The post Phuket Covid-19: 5 new deaths and 4 new Sandbox infections appeared first on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

Can anyone enlighten me? Are the Shatbox's testing positive for covid carrying it in from their home countries (I doubt that) or are they getting infected on the Super Safe paradise island of Phucket. (More likely). 

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Griff1315 said:

Can anyone enlighten me? Are the Shatbox's testing positive for covid carrying it in from their home countries (I doubt that) or are they getting infected on the Super Safe paradise island of Phucket. (More likely). 

I suspect the latter. Visitors from other Countries have jumped through so many hoops to get there.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

35 minutes ago, Griff1315 said:

Most of these are getting found on arrival or second test 6 days after arrival.. a lot can happen in the 3 days from the test in your own country before travelling.. not sure of day 13/14 tested positive but it was a very few..

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, vvdb.fr said:

still no figures per 100,000 inhabitants! how does Phuket compare to Bangkok?

Oh, good:

Phuket 220+ for weeks, about 6-700k.people

Bangkok 2200+ , ~9 Million registered, but about 12-13 Mio "expected" residents.

Phuket has about 1.5 times the cases, calculated per head 

No deep red, but open for tourists, mainly domestic tourists 

Phuket win, methinks

• Like 1

"News Forum - Phuket Covid-19: 5 new deaths and 4 new Sandbox infections"

Those dead and sandbox people are really ruining Phuket image... Did you forget 226 local infections? 

The biggest factor that is never displayed in the death totals ...How many people had serious underlying health conditions already ?......or perhaps they can compare total death totals from historical data to see if this is the normal range or not .... to me things need to put into perspective instead of all the fear , did they die of cancer , heartattack , high blood pressure , diabetes , pneumonia ,road accidents, to name a few ....but they tested positive for the Chinese virus and the death is recorded as another stat .... no transparency , the media need to ask these questions and get the data ... 

• Like 1