Satellite TV Options

GMoney2312

I have yet to build my new home, but are there and decent American TV stations available with the major carriers here? I have seen some options here on my In Laws satellite they use, but do not pay for it of course. Things like ESPN, Fox News, HBO?

Hate to always depend on UTube for old news.

True satellite is the big fish here, right? 

Thanks!

2 hours ago, GMoney2312 said:

I have yet to build my new home, but are there and decent American TV stations available with the major carriers here? I have seen some options here on my In Laws satellite they use, but do not pay for it of course. Things like ESPN, Fox News, HBO?

Hate to always depend on UTube for old news.

True satellite is the big fish here, right? 

Thanks!

truevision has Ku band sat tv. channel list:

https://www.tvchannellists.com/w/List_of_Channels_on_TrueVisions

also look into fiber if you can get it at your location

if you have a thai family and want to watch free Thai tv in a rural area you can get a complete Thaicom 5  C band HD system for less than 2000 baht. no english programming. no monthly fees.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, WilliamG said:

ustvgo.tv gets you most American adverts, with some program material in between!   555

Thanks! Looks like I have to get "their" VPN to make it happen, but that is no big deal!

21 minutes ago, GMoney2312 said:

Thanks! Looks like I have to get "their" VPN to make it happen, but that is no big deal!

Theirs is NORD, but not needed for many channels. F1 race is on ESPN2.

• Like 1

I use the psi system. I enjoy the Thai programing. However, on Channel 29 there are movies sometimes in English but you need to set the remote to receive it in the original language. I occasionally watch it on Sundays if no good Thai programing. 

You pay for the dish and converter box, but no other costs.  I've found that if the antenna dish get out of line,the psi tech has all the right equipment to get it perfect. I got a lightning strick once and they did a great repair. Great service.

43 minutes ago, LoongFred said:

However, on Channel 29 there are movies sometimes in English

Yes and lets not forget that Thailand is covered with good old fashioned terrestrial television transmitters. depending of course on your location just a 300 baht antenna will work.

channel "Mono29" does transmit the original audio on the second language track. it takes some experimenting with different devices to get setup.  

2 hours ago, LoongFred said:

I use the psi system. I enjoy the Thai programing. However, on Channel 29 there are movies sometimes in English but you need to set the remote to receive it in the original language. I occasionally watch it on Sundays if no good Thai programing. 

You pay for the dish and converter box, but no other costs.  I've found that if the antenna dish get out of line,the psi tech has all the right equipment to get it perfect. I got a lightning strick once and they did a great repair. Great service.

Why are you talking about getting TV via a dish and converter box, when, obviously, you have internet.

34 minutes ago, WilliamG said:

Why are you talking about getting TV via a dish and converter box, when, obviously, you have internet.

I have internet the the psi dish isn't part of it. I had streaming service from pulse TV but rarely watched it so didn't renew.  I watch the Thai news service and Thai entertainment.  My Thai language shills are OK but I have improved by watching Thai TV. I'd say my Thai comprehension is about 80+%.

32 minutes ago, LoongFred said:

I have internet the the psi dish isn't part of it. I had streaming service from pulse TV but rarely watched it so didn't renew.  I watch the Thai news service and Thai entertainment.  My Thai language shills are OK but I have improved by watching Thai TV. I'd say my Thai comprehension is about 80+%.

It is just the actual content shown on Thai TV channels which leaves a lot to be desired.

Why Fred, did you get ANGRY when I made the joke about American TV and it's adverts?

8 minutes ago, WilliamG said:

It is just the actual content shown on Thai TV channels which leaves a lot to be desired.

Why Fred, did you get ANGRY when I made the joke about American TV and it's adverts?

Sorry I didn't mean angry but funny. I can watch the news on the internet and have high speed fiber, but for show content watch Thai TV.  Thai news like US news is mostly Thai based, but I also like to keep tabs on US news. Lately US news makes me appreciate being in Thailand or at least out of the US more. 

17 minutes ago, WilliamG said:

Hope you are dry. I'm  directly north of you and the Yom river is only at 50%. I don't know why it floods downstream.

3 hours ago, NCC1701A said:

Yes and lets not forget that Thailand is covered with good old fashioned terrestrial television transmitters. depending of course on your location just a 300 baht antenna will work.

channel "Mono29" does transmit the original audio on the second language track. it takes some experimenting with different devices to get setup.  

I also had psi install a camera system. Their service and installation was equally impressive. 

20 minutes ago, LoongFred said:

Hope you are dry. I'm  directly north of you and the Yom river is only at 50%. I don't know why it floods downstream.

No flooding problems as we are not near the river. Thanks for the concern

• 1 year later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 7/30/2023 at 5:45 AM, martinoo2002 said:

Hi

Do any of you use PSI just for internet??

rgrds 

Martin

NO, why would you. I am 'in the jungle', 35 km from the nearest city. 3BB optic directly to my router. Bht 749.

On 9/25/2021 at 5:31 PM, WilliamG said:

F1 race is on ESPN2.

F1 is now on BeIN TV, 1,800 Baht for an annual subscription.  It takes the Sky feed and its Asia specific, so no VPN required. 

On 9/29/2021 at 4:07 PM, WilliamG said:

I gave up on TV years ago.  If I can't stream it free on my computer I don't normally bother.  I only pay for BeIN for F1 and Game Pass for NFL.  U Tube fills in the gaps nicely.  

• 1 month later...

You can access American TV channels like ESPN, Fox News, and HBO through providers like TrueVisions in Thailand. True Satellite is a major player here, offering various channel packages to choose from for your entertainment needs.