News Forum - Phuket man finds 30 million baht surprise on beach: “whale poop”

Thaiger

A local villager in Phuket was on a jog Thursday morning when he stumbled on a substance that he believes may be worth up to 30 million baht. the man didn’t find gold, or diamonds, or even birds’ nest. The treasure that the 66 year old Mai Khao resident discovered? Whale poop. Ambergris is a waxy, solid substance that sperm whales create in their intestines, which is then passed out of the whale with its faeces, hence often being referred to as “whale poop”. The material is surprisingly valuable, revered in Asian cultures for use in medicine and traditional treatments […]

The post Phuket man finds 30 million baht surprise on beach: “whale poop” appeared first on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

"Ambergris is a waxy, solid substance that sperm whales create in their intestines, which is then passed out of the whale with its faeces, hence often being referred to as “whale poop”. The material is surprisingly valuable, revered in Asian cultures for use in medicine and traditional treatments as well as being used as a spice."

"...revered in Asian cultures for use in medicine and traditional treatments as well..."

Is 'traditional treatments' code for boner pills?

Just askin'

• Haha 4

3 minutes ago, Shade_Wilder said:

"Ambergris is a waxy, solid substance that sperm whales create in their intestines, which is then passed out of the whale with its faeces, hence often being referred to as “whale poop”. The material is surprisingly valuable, revered in Asian cultures for use in medicine and traditional treatments as well as being used as a spice."

"...revered in Asian cultures for use in medicine and traditional treatments as well..."

Is 'traditional treatments' code for boner pills?

Just askin'

It's used in perfumes a lot to make the scent last longer.

• Like 2

Poor man. If it is what he thinks, he'll not get any benefit from it, now he's handed it over to a government official department.

I wouldn't be surprised if the part of the beach he discovered it on, directly in front of a hotel, if that hotel, doesn't claim that part of the beach as hotel property.

• Like 3

Hmmmm. 

SOME can get high price same that. But usually no. 

Story like this every 3 month. Talk about “can” sell. Never see story “sold already”. 

Can buy on eBay cheaper. A lot.

https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_trksid=p2499334.m570.l1313&_nkw=ambergris&_sacat=0

My uncle have this one. If somebody want it I can discount 15 million. Yinn special price for TT member.

Have a lot south coast Thailand. 

FF1546FA-A67F-49D9-A8E3-1341CB07452C.jpeg

• Like 2

1 hour ago, BIGGLES said:

Poor man. If it is what he thinks, he'll not get any benefit from it, now he's handed it over to a government official department.

I wouldn't be surprised if the part of the beach he discovered it on, directly in front of a hotel, if that hotel, doesn't claim that part of the beach as hotel property.

You the pessimist?

On 9/25/2021 at 1:40 PM, BIGGLES said:

There are no private beaches in Thailand, all beaches belong to the Crown.

9 hours ago, Alavan said:

There are no private beaches in Thailand, all beaches belong to the Crown.

In the same way that the British Queen owns all of Australia , the land belongs to her 

You can obstruct access to the beach over your land (like some hotels do, cfr Meridien in Phuket), but you can't own the beach. If somebody arrives by sea (swimming or with a boat), they can sit on that beach.

On 9/25/2021 at 1:29 PM, Bob20 said:

I hear it's as effective as Ivermectin against Covid too 😉

🤣🤣🤣

Imagine injecting one with whale poop, and it actually works. 

Just now, DiJoDavO said:

Imagine injecting one with whale poop, and it actually works. 

Shhhhhht🤫 

It's comments like that that made them try subcutaneous 20% boosters too 🤔

• Haha 1